Is Dark vs Light event still running?

Idaho-D

Since when were the rewards guaranteed?

You check off the right jobs on the list and the rewards are guarenteed during the DVL "event". There is no way to miss the reward unless you choose to not do the job. Unlike OPS. You could do the OPs and walk away empty handed over and over.

They either did or did not do the jobs on the list. The rewards were guarenteed if you did the job list. There was no luck about the DVL "event". It was do it or don't and each level guarenteed you a reward.

Thats why you and everyone else ran extremely old content and created alt after alt. The guaranteed rewards for completing the tasks on a specific level.

I liked the feel of the game when people did them, people were a lot more positive in game, people we're more likely to want to do things nobody seems to want to bother with today and the list goes on. We're the rewards nice? Yes.

Like was mentioned already. The rewards is why you did it. Otherwise you'd be doing it all again if you liked it so much. You like everyone else did it for the rewards not because the content was fresh and amazing. You did old stale content because of the rewards. It's ok it just say that. It's not that big a deal. We all know it.

Was everyone rewarded well for their "hard" work? no not really.

Yes they were. Everyone was rewarded for their hard work up to the level they decided to work to. 100% guaranteed. Cannot miss out. No RNG.

The rewards gave me incentive to do a lot of the things I would normally never do,

Thats right. The rewards got you to do something you would never do. Going to say that one more time, The rewards got you to do something you would never do. You did it for the rewards. The guaranteed rewards.

Thats why the DVL for all it's medicrity which can be done again right now if you want isn't actually being done. Because it was the rewards that made it worth doing. Nothing else.

and I had fun doing them, the rewards make it worth doing more than it does now.

But I'm not really here trying to change your mind. Even if it was purely for the rewards, does it really matter?

It doesn't matter because we know the rewards was the only reason gamers did extremely old and stale content. Re did alts for the 3rd, 4th and sometimes 10th time for the reward.

There is nothing wrong with doing old content for the reward but lets not pretend it was for some other noble reason. There was nothing new coming. Nothing to hold gamers to swtor other than it being sw and bioware cooked up some good rewards to get gamers to do things they would not do again.

It's all about the rewards and the DVL event proves that when you look at it and something like Iokath or the new umbara instance (neither worth doing more than a couple times because good rewards are not there.)

Edited by Quraswren

I can repeat myself a million times and it won't really matter, there's no point in going back and forth about the same thing. we can avoid wasting both of our "precious" time.

I think I'm just shocked you talked yourself into believing you did it for more than the rewards even if you had fun it was nothing but a side affect to what got you to do something you would never do in the first place (because you probably didn't actually have fun doing it to start with, thats why you never do it right...? ). So you did it for the rewards.

But yes. in the end it doesn't really matter and it's a circular argument but we are on the swtor forums. Wasting precious time isn't something I'd throw around to anyone if they log in here.

Edited by Quraswren

Thats why you and everyone else ran extremely old content and created alt after alt. The guaranteed rewards for completing the tasks on a specific level.

Like was mentioned already. The rewards is why you did it. Otherwise you'd be doing it all again if you liked it so much. You like everyone else did it for the rewards not because the content was fresh and amazing. You did old stale content because of the rewards. It's ok it just say that. It's not that big a deal. We all know it.

There is nothing wrong with doing old content for the reward but lets not pretend it was for some other noble reason. There was nothing new coming. Nothing to hold gamers to swtor other than it being sw and bioware cooked up some good rewards to get gamers to do things they would not do again.

It's all about the rewards and the DVL event proves that when you look at it and something like Iokath or the new umbara instance (neither worth doing more than a couple times because good rewards are not there.)

I agree...good reply. I'm okay with people doing things for the rewards...that's perfectly normal.

I think I'm just shocked you talked yourself into believing you did it for more than the rewards even if you had fun it was nothing but a side affect to what got you to do something you would never do in the first place (because you probably didn't actually have fun doing it to start with, thats why you never do it right...? ). So you did it for the rewards.

But yes. in the end it doesn't really matter and it's a circular argument but we are on the swtor forums. Wasting precious time isn't something I'd throw around to anyone if they long in here.

You're probably right!:)

I liked the event. It compelled me to do content that I never touched before , like I rarely did master mode flashpoints, and was scared to death of BH, depths of manaan and a few other tough master mode flashpoints, but was determined to complete them for the first time ever during the event. It boosted my confidence alot, never did the Ziost world boss until event, never did Ravagers OP's until that event. Quite abit of content I never touched until that event came along.

And, while doing all this, I scored some nice items like the white - black crystal, sith recluse armor, tulok horde armor, some of satele shans stuff, some nice weapons, mounts, etc. Getting rare armors for just playing the game was pretty cool for the event.

And, for what its worth, i like the SoR storyline, so replaying that was not an issue. The only part of the event that was a drag was doing the crew skills leveling and getting 8 characters to level 50. That part wasn't that great, but the other stuff was fun. Wonder if they will bring it back with new rewards?

I wouldn't be upset if the brought back the DvL event. Personally...I enjoyed being rewarded for not only doing what I'd do anyway (leveling alts), but it also gave me the incentive to try things I don't normally do like PvP & flashpoints that weren't story mode w/GodBot.

I got a lot of cool stuff in the process including a unique companion & a set of armor (tho ugly as ****) REALLY helps while ....... wait for it..... LEVELING ALTS! :D

I also find that I enjoy lowbie PvP now from time to time, and I'll group for FP's on occasion. So that's a plus. ;)

So yea.... bring it back :D

male/female of each body type in each species with each class and sub class mastering each crew skill individually. and to make it worth it, each of those toons gets a hidden buff that only they can progress through the next expansion. your old toons end up in a marble like substance resembling a statue to be used as a decorations in your new strongholds that had to be repurchased due to a cataclysmic event that wiped out all planets and replaced them with an exact duplicate, but the deeds of such strongholds never showed back up; and your legacy level starts back at 1 with zero unlocks.

There is just no pleasing some no matter what is or isn't done. A lot also enjoyed the event, a reason to revisit content during the usual xmas content drought.

I did enjoy revisiting old content that had people actually running it. That being said as much grinding as it involved I'm not sure I'd fully participate again unless the reward was something significant.

Well Bioware needs to take down the prompts on there start-up page or at least say it has ended. Sheesh. Been ended for a year and the game still says start a new character and experience the Dark vs Light event. So I just delete my new character then? Do I get a refund for the character slots?

The prompts have nothing to do with the old DvL event, it has to do with the state of the galaxy which spawns special light side or dark side bosses, and you get additional tokens when you open CXP packs at light or dark 5 depending on your alignment.

Regarding characters you don't get a refund. If you used an insta 60 or 65 token when you delete that specific character you get the token back, if you just used one of your existing slots to roll a new level 1 you get the free slot back.