The future of the storylines according to the latest book.

Angedechu

(I'm halfway in the book)

So, what happened in each storyline ?

-The Jedi Knight storyline is the most proeminent. The Emperor death was the Empire's Midway. The Empire is in full retreat everywhere. Panic is gripping the Dark Council. They know that total defeat is a question of months.

-The Imperial Intelligence disbanding affected tremendously the Empire's war effort. The Empire is now completely blind toward the Republican war effort. Opposedly, the Republicans are able to read into Imperial most secure channels and know perfectly Imperial intentions. (note : coupled with some cryptoanalysis sequences, this looks furiously like the situation of the Allies in WW2)

-A Darth Gravus (the canonical Sith Warrior, judging by the text description) met a very fiery death at the hand of a fellow sith and her superweapon (no, really ?). Very ironically, Darth Gravus seems to have been very good at helping the Republican war effort....since he ascended to his position thanks to him wrecking Taris.

Alas, Darth Gravus missed a tiny point : the governor of Taris, because of his action, ascended to the post of Supreme Chancellor-and fully mobilized the Republic against the Empire.

Edited by Angedechu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More precisely, the only thing that the Empire still had to prevent swift defeat was the only of their superweapon not destroyed by the JK (or by Theron Shan in the comics) : the supercruiser Ascendant Spear.

Guess what happens.

Also, Jace Malcom (aka the trooper in the trailers) bonked with Satele Shan.

One suggestion. Use spoiler tags. Newer players are coming to the game, and they can read this stuff. Also, some people still have desire to read the books, but haven't.

I think that ''the future of the storyline'' according to the latest book tells pretty much that....I'm going to talk about post-TOR storylines as described in the book....

I think that ''the future of the storyline'' according to the latest book tells pretty much that....I'm going to talk about post-TOR storylines as described in the book....

Did you miss the part where some of the newer players probably wont want you to spoil the game for them?

So you obviously haven't played any Empire storylines past level 30, if you don't know who Darth Gravus is.

-The Jedi Knight storyline is the most proeminent. The Emperor death was the Empire's Midway.

So you played a Jedi Knight i'm guessing. The Emperor isn't dead. Go post this trash in the storyline forum so you get properly educated.

Edited by maxetius

No, I said that one he was described in the book made me think that this Darth was the Sith Warrior. I made a mistake.

(And no, I did not play Sith a lot. I have trouble playing a side where 90% of the content, in addition of being repetitive, involve enslaving people or poisoning water wells)

No, I said that one he was described in the book made me think that this Darth was the Sith Warrior. I made a mistake.

(And no, I did not play Sith a lot. I have trouble playing a side where 90% of the content, in addition of being repetitive, involve enslaving people or poisoning water wells)

If you haven't played through it all, how can you say it's 90%?

That doesn't seem correct. At least, I have never heard of a SW book with that exact title.

Drew Karpyshyn's new book, just came out: Annihilation. It's supposed to take place after our stories in the game and it's all about Theron Shan and his exploits fighting against a former apprentice of Darth Malgus, or something like that. That's about all I know because I have no interest in Satele or Theron, I read The Lost Suns comic and thought it was utter crap. Obviously just a personal opinion.

To the OP, Darth Gravus is the NPC for the Imperial Taris planet quest line. Also, this should have been posted in Story & Lore or Star Wars Discussion were you would have gotten the responses you were probably looking for because those are the two sections where people interested in this stuff congregate to have nice discussions about story and lore.

Well, more to the point, I belive Bioware is going the WoW route by their own words and focusing on raids for content. The class stories, as they are, are done. We will only get more planet stories [and extended level caps of such] in the future. Nothing class specific, because that's not what the people want, apparently.