Boosting a tank question

ElevenBfour

Been gone almost 2 years, wanting to get back into the game. Just needing suggestions on the tanks since a lot has changed.

Which tank seems the least played?

Are any of the tanks undesirable for whatever reason?

Does one tank have more group utility than another?

Which tank has a decent pvp, non-tank spec?

I have played all three tanks at max level in the past, but since it's been so long, I kind of just want to start fresh. Any other suggestions is welcome.

Good to be back.

Been gone almost 2 years, wanting to get back into the game. Just needing suggestions on the tanks since a lot has changed.

Which tank seems the least played?

Are any of the tanks undesirable for whatever reason?

Does one tank have more group utility than another?

Which tank has a decent pvp, non-tank spec?

I have played all three tanks at max level in the past, but since it's been so long, I kind of just want to start fresh. Any other suggestions is welcome.

Good to be back.

Least played is probably PT/VG and about to get worse because of the nerf (aka gutting) of PT tanks coming in 5.9

With the damage nerfs PTs will be both low damage and lowesr survivability. They are also still my second favorite so theres that :p

Group utility wise, probably sin, best mechanics cheese + stealth

Pvp dps spec wise - vigi is the best of the guardians. Focus is too much of a poor mans concentration atm. Literally everything a focus guardian can do - vigi can do better

PT has good burst... but is incredibly squishy. Like one of the squishiest classes in the gsme squishy.

Shadow wise im not as sure, infiltration seems to have good burst but ive been seeing quite a few dot specs lately too... i dont shadow dps myself so, not really the one to be giving advice here

All the dps specs of tank capable classes are pretty squishy atm i think... i only really have vigi experience though.

Did vigi again last night. Felt like i ran for CDs anytime someone sneezed at me. Of course as the normal tank for a rsther well known pvp guild from harby in a match against a decent team tonight i took 3.2 mill damage with 4 deaths, 2 of which were on purpose (standing on the pylon in hypergates, this was on my tank). The point being - i get focused and dps guardians dont handle focus well (and to my understanding. If not experience, neither do PTs and shadows only marginally because of stealth out)

Ps- welcome back!

Edited by KendraP

Least played is probably PT/VG and about to get worse because of the nerf (aka gutting) of PT tanks coming in 5.9

With the damage nerfs PTs will be both low damage and lowesr survivability. They are also still my second favorite so theres that :p

Group utility wise, probably sin, best mechanics cheese + stealth

Pvp dps spec wise - vigi is the best of the guardians. Focus is too much of a poor mans concentration atm. Literally everything a focus guardian can do - vigi can do better

PT has good burst... but is incredibly squishy. Like one of the squishiest classes in the gsme squishy.

Shadow wise im not as sure, infiltration seems to have good burst but ive been seeing quite a few dot specs lately too... i dont shadow dps myself so, not really the one to be giving advice here

All the dps specs of tank capable classes are pretty squishy atm i think... i only really have vigi experience though.

Did vigi again last night. Felt like i ran for CDs anytime someone sneezed at me. Of course as the normal tank for a rsther well known pvp guild from harby in a match against a decent team tonight i took 3.2 mill damage with 4 deaths, 2 of which were on purpose (standing on the pylon in hypergates, this was on my tank). The point being - i get focused and dps guardians dont handle focus well (and to my understanding. If not experience, neither do PTs and shadows only marginally because of stealth out)

Ps- welcome back!

Sweet thanks for the info. I think I'll hang up my VG then for sure. Maybe bounce back and forth between my JK and boosted Shadow then.