Foundry HK-57 Still bugged

How are we in April and this hasn't been fixed? I can understand if a Developer would actually acknowledge this issue and tell us it was being addressed, but I have not seen anything in the patch notes regarding this.

My level 30 friend asked me to help him complete normal mode The Foundry. As we started the HK-57 fight I got him down to half hp and the phase where the pillar drops on HK-57 and you must destroy the 4 panels on the sides, started.

HK-57 Immediately teleported out of the pillar and I could still damage him, however the damage buff he gets could not be stopped as the 4 panels did not spawn on the sides of the pillar, as he WAS NOT IN IT.

I ended up being 1 shotted and we wiped. 17939 HP, full Rakata Marauder dying in a normal mode operation. This is unacceptable. The same thing happens in Hard Mode. How can you possibly expect people to pay for this game, when they are dying to bugs and not mechanics.

The next time I do this flashpoint, I will be sure to record it so I will have explicit video evidence. Has anyone else encountered an issue similar to this?

How fast is immediately? Because other than that what you described sounds as how the fight should go. If you attack him while the core is "down" he will one shot you.

The pillar came down on him and within milliseconds he spawned outside of the pillar. I've done this fight at least 30 times in hardmode. There is plenty of time during that phase to destroy the panels on the pillar.

I was not given a chance to destroy them because he spawned outside of the pillar when it fell down in the center, and the blue highlight did not show on the panels.

The pillar came down on him and within milliseconds he spawned outside of the pillar. I've done this fight at least 30 times in hardmode. There is plenty of time during that phase to destroy the panels on the pillar.

I was not given a chance to destroy them because he spawned outside of the pillar when it fell down in the center, and the blue highlight did not show on the panels.

Blah. that sucks. Just had to ask because some people embellish things to make them sound worse/way more frequently then they actually happen. The only bugs I've had on HK was where he would spawn from the core with the buff even though we destroyed all the panels.

I'm sure they will be fixed in 1.2 as nearly every other bug from all the FP/OPs seem to be.

Iirc if he ends up outside of pillar when its down dont stand in his melee range (yeah in your case dont attack) until pillar goes up, its not him that one shots you its the game thinking pillar is actually around him and it will act like you were inside the pillar - instadeath.

My brother and I have been two manning FPs, for HK we had to substantially out level before we beat him. Then on the run that finally succeeded it was super simple, not that our strat changed, he just didn't bug that run...

While the Foundry is one of the cooler FPs, we won't be going back anytime soon. It was very frustrating.

That's very strange, you're saying this is bugged. I completed it twice yesterday solo and never bugged for me. I only hit two of the panels .. opened right up, fought HK, no issues at all. I'll be running it again today, maybe I'll hit it three times in a row and see if I can break something :p

You are not supposed to attack him at that point. One thing I wanted to ask, was he enraged?

No he was not enraged. What do you mean by you aren't supposed to attack him at that point? He's immune, so of course you can't attack him.

I've fought him some 30-50 times and I have never seen him bug.

I agree. Since December-February, I never had problems running this flashpoint. It must have been a patch in march or something, because this is when it started happening.

Edited by KonohaFlash

How are we in April and this hasn't been fixed? I can understand if a Developer would actually acknowledge this issue and tell us it was being addressed, but I have not seen anything in the patch notes regarding this.

My level 30 friend asked me to help him complete normal mode The Foundry. As we started the HK-57 fight I got him down to half hp and the phase where the pillar drops on HK-57 and you must destroy the 4 panels on the sides, started.

HK-57 Immediately teleported out of the pillar and I could still damage him, however the damage buff he gets could not be stopped as the 4 panels did not spawn on the sides of the pillar, as he WAS NOT IN IT.

I ended up being 1 shotted and we wiped. 17939 HP, full Rakata Marauder dying in a normal mode operation. This is unacceptable. The same thing happens in Hard Mode. How can you possibly expect people to pay for this game, when they are dying to bugs and not mechanics.

The next time I do this flashpoint, I will be sure to record it so I will have explicit video evidence. Has anyone else encountered an issue similar to this?

I've never had this bug happen.

There is, indeed, a bug that causes HK to stay outside of the core. But u MUST NOT attack him then - he is supposed to be under the core, if he gets damage, the sequenze becomes stuck and he will get his damage buff.

Just don't attack from the moment he goes stealth until the core is open again. Will take u a bit longer to kill the droid, but u don't have the bug ;)

It is a highly scripted fight where it seems if you don't play it exactly as the script expects, or the script has a hick-up, you can have it bug.

Sometimes it isn't a big deal, other times it does lead to things like HK getting the buff when he shouldn't and killing people.

I have come to the conclusion that at the moment, Bioware can't pull off a heavily scripted encounter that doesn't have a good number of bugs (look at most of the fights with most of the bugs, they are all heavily scripted).

I don't know why that is, but Bioware needs to step up and improve their ability to deliver bug-free complex content or they will lose players who want more than tank and spank fights, but aren't willing to accepted buggy content in order to get it.

Edited by DawnAskham

I did it with 2 level 38's, myself a level 37 juggernaut and a level 33 assassin and we got killed 4 times. I hate that bug. He comes out of the command station when he is supposed to be sealed inside and snipes us while we kill his ads. I have reported a few other bugs as well and they never patched them.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried a few times to do this FP on HM with a buddy of mine to help get him geared but I haven't been able to get past HK47 since 1.2 hit. He goes into his chamber and then no panels spawn. HK however, snipes us while he's in there doing 5-7k dmg per until the chamber opens of its own accord. At which time he's enraged so he kills off whoever is left. I've tried this FP 5 different times and multiple tries and each time the same thing happens.

I have sent in a few bug reports on this and I get the same automated CSR response that it'll be sent to a development team. I'm less than happy that it is not even in the Known Issues thread. It's been like this for almost 3 weeks for me. I personally don't care since my main is full columi+ but it still sucks for newer 50's trying to get geared and getting defeated by bugs beyond their control.

For CSR reps I still have 2 of the ticket numbers for the bug reports if you wanna recheck into it.

Edit: I do care, but it affects me less than others.

Edited by JWillets