farm ops for conquest

darkzannah

I see guilds on the dm server like stroke my wookie or exsillium doing farm ev to win conquests, now that kp has been nerfed. I wonder when ev will be nerfed if his guilds will not turn to other ops, they will not realize that they are killing the game and the interest of the work of bioware devs for conquests. and that it prevents on the medium or small planets with the small guilds to have chances to gain the planets. the strokes on cz this week make 40,000,000 for a low-yielding planet and the second 6 million point, we see the farmer from point to ev

No matter what they do, what they nerf, people will always find the quickest, easiest way to do CQ. I can't comment about guilds on DM, as I don't really play there. But people accuse certain big guilds on SF of the same thing, but I'm in most of those guilds, and have never seen it. What they do is organise fp's to max fp rally, or ops rally, as well as groups for rampage, where availably. But people complain because they see them winning, and falsly accuse them. In the end, it comes down to numbers, they have the numbers, and a coouncil of people who actually work to organise stuff. Edited by DarkTergon

I see guilds on the dm server like stroke my wookie or exsillium doing farm ev to win conquests, now that kp has been nerfed. I wonder when ev will be nerfed if his guilds will not turn to other ops, they will not realize that they are killing the game and the interest of the work of bioware devs for conquests. and that it prevents on the medium or small planets with the small guilds to have chances to gain the planets. the strokes on cz this week make 40,000,000 for a low-yielding planet and the second 6 million point, we see the farmer from point to ev

What does it matter to you what others do in the game ? I like farming mobs... got a problem ?

By the way.. conquest is trash. Why would anyone even spend time grinding those silly objectives ? They don't give any incentive.. reward to bother.

Small guilds are that : SMALL guilds . If you don't like it the situation your guild is in, please start recruiting and make your guild grow. Oh.. lastly, these farms allow your small guilds to reach higher conquest numbers but winning the planet is out of the question because you cannot expect to compete with a guild that has 50 members online in prime time doing content, EV farm or not.

Yes, big guilds will win, no matter what. EV \ KP is avaliable for everyone, it's just a matter of numbers you can get doing it. If they remove XP conquest - big guilds will still win because they can put more people to grinding obiectives.

As it is now it's still benefiting smaller guilds as members can reach their goals faster, level their guilds, get cool perks etc.

Yes big guilds will always win conquest, however BW has clearly stated that farming mobs in Operations is considered wrong. So now BW needs to do the right thing and either A) all mobs in operations will have the Conquest/renown be given at the end of an operation (meaning you must kill every boss to get it) or B) remove all conquest/renown from ALL operation mobs so this can't be exploited any longer.

The fact they fixed KP in the 1st place shows they believe it is an exploit to begin with.

We have zero "Farm ops for CQ" events in our schedule: https://strokemywookie.com/events

I can't speak for what other guilds do but none of our event leaders are interested in endless trash kills on a regular basis for conquest points. We run two CQ events a week and those cover a wide range of activities depending on what objectives are viable for large ops groups. Outside of those two events, guild members are free to do what they want to earn points. If some people want to form their own groups to do EV/KP whatever then that's up to them.

It seems what you are really annoyed about is that we're attacking the small yield target. We have a lot of guild members and not all of them have Section X so we take it for them. Our last 5 weeks were like this in reverse chronological order: S / S / L / L / M. Lots of guilds across servers target all yields for similar reasons.

I've written in the forums multiple times asking BW to change the way yields work since there are two systems that contradict each other. One system is the achievements + titles that are unique for each location and the other system is the points yield one. You can't get achievements + titles without invading all yields. My last attempt to get them to change it was to suggest 6 targets each week to spread things out further. My attempt before that was to try and convince them to make all targets available each week. Clearly nothing changed so the system is working as EA want it to.

Stop hating on players and guilds who are doing nothing besides using the system as it was designed. If you want things to change then focus your frustration on EA who are the ones that keep making these poorly thought out decisions.

Yes big guilds will always win conquest, however BW has clearly stated that farming mobs in Operations is considered wrong. So now BW needs to do the right thing and either A) all mobs in operations will have the Conquest/renown be given at the end of an operation (meaning you must kill every boss to get it) or B) remove all conquest/renown from ALL operation mobs so this can't be exploited any longer.

The fact they fixed KP in the 1st place shows they believe it is an exploit to begin with.

that's not correct

what they adjusted was first the HP of the mobs and later the number of mobs, the intention based on the developers comments on discord was that the pace at which you could gain conquest points was quicker than intended and thus they fixed that part. Farming conquest points through operations, running them in full or just farming specific things is totally fine, as long as the pace at which you gain the points is reasonable.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

[...]that it prevents on the medium or small planets with the small guilds to have chances to gain the planets. [...]

I keep seeing this completely false argument every time there is a new conquest farm...

We all know that because of the way conquest is designed, only the same large zerg guilds win plants every week... doesn't matter what the activities are, because they just have more people and more credits to throw at it. period.

so please, for heavens sake, stop repeating this stupid argument, it does nothing to help your cause, and only makes you look ignorant.

since there seems to be some new players let me clarify, conquest points are (just like experience points and renown points) basically just based on how much you play, as in if you play for about an hour you should be rewarded with x amount of points, naturally depending on what content you do that x can vary quite a bit but that's the basic

most larger guilds naturally have more active players than a smaller guild and thus more total timed played which in turn equals more conquest points gathered, there is nothing strange with a large guild winning a small/medium planet, in the end, the key factor that most of the players want are the achievement from that planet and the conquest rewards is just a bonus

that's not correct

what they adjusted was first the HP of the mobs and later the number of mobs, the intention based on the developers comments on discord was that the pace at which you could gain conquest points was quicker than intended and thus they fixed that part. Farming conquest points through operations, running them in full or just farming specific things is totally fine, as long as the pace at which you gain the points is reasonable.

Your forgetting when they had the Bestia XP farm, and the ToS XP farm (in both of these cases adds lost all XP). Combined with the fact they Fixed KP by reducing the adds before the 1st boss clearly they are saying it's Wrong.

I think you're arguing semantics here. Obviously BW wants people to do more than farm kp adds for conquest, thus the reason it was nerfed just like bestia, etc.

That said, it's a long step from "not really intended" to "exploit". I for one never saw a gold post calling it an "exploit", merely one saying it was unintended.

Actually this is a poorly disguised whining-post that you can't win a planet if you are a small guild and any significant conquest guilds attacks the same planet. Last week was crafting week, you didn't even need to run anything to gather your points, just craft the hell out of your stocks.

I really don't understand some people's obsession with what other players do. If you spam FPs in a guild group, or craft like mad, or spam H2s, or just kill mobs -> it does not affect YOU at all. The ONLY problem you can possibly have is that you will not get the planet. And the only consequence of the whine on the forums is that BW will again nerf the known hot-spots, to nobody's advantage.

The only ways I can think of to make smaller guilds competitive in conquest is to: 1) artificially level/throttle the points you get (for example by just awarding them once per char or account, which in the end will make it no different to now, as larger guilds have more chars/accounts), or 2) limit the number of players taking part (like allowing for a roster of x players nominated for each guild that will be allowed to gather points), or 3) only reward points for selected activities (basically like 1, just that in effect you will have a max number of points you can reach in total), or 4) gate the points behind activities that require some kind of skill to do (which as a result would piss more people off, as those skills are pretty rare).

Bottom line: you will not win, get over it. Park a char in a conquest guild for the achievements, play in your favourite guild. Problem solved.

Bottom line: you will not win, get over it. Park a char in a conquest guild for the achievements, play in your favourite guild. Problem solved.

It's what I did, got my achievements, while still got my small guilds to conquest. Big guilds will always win the planet, no matter what. No matter what they change in conquest, this will still happen, unless they seperate conquest in to guild sizes, make it possible that only ceratin size guilds can go for certain yields, and even then, you'd still get the guilds with the max allowed for that section, winning, and still have people complaining.

Your forgetting when they had the Bestia XP farm, and the ToS XP farm (in both of these cases adds lost all XP). Combined with the fact they Fixed KP by reducing the adds before the 1st boss clearly they are saying it's Wrong.

No this is incorrect, if they thought it was wrong they would remove the experiance/renown/conquest points gained all together, not just reduce the amount of mobs/buff their hp. An unintentionally quick way of gaining points is by far the more likely explanation and it makes sense based on the developer's comments on rates at which you should be earning crates/boxes/points they have made on live streams discussing the cxp/renown systems.

No this is incorrect, if they thought it was wrong they would remove the experiance/renown/conquest points gained all together, not just reduce the amount of mobs/buff their hp. An unintentionally quick way of gaining points is by far the more likely explanation and it makes sense based on the developer's comments on rates at which you should be earning crates/boxes/points they have made on live streams discussing the cxp/renown systems.

Not necessarily. Do any of us know if it's even possible for them to remove Renown/Conquest points completely from only operation trash? How did they code it in the first place? All champs across the game get x amount of Conquest/renown, all golds get y amounts of conquest/renown or is it per each mob type seperately?

They may have an issue of removing (or lowering the amount of Renown/conquest on Operation trash) because it may affect all mobs throughout the entire game.

Not necessarily. Do any of us know if it's even possible for them to remove Renown/Conquest points completely from only operation trash? How did they code it in the first place? All champs across the game get x amount of Conquest/renown, all golds get y amounts of conquest/renown or is it per each mob type seperately?

They may have an issue of removing (or lowering the amount of Renown/conquest on Operation trash) because it may affect all mobs throughout the entire game.

Good question, especially if the CQ points are tied to xp/rxp. You did say in a previous post they removed the xp from the earlier farm mobs, and it didn't effect any other op, So maybe it is possible?

Good question, especially if the CQ points are tied to xp/rxp. You did say in a previous post they removed the xp from the earlier farm mobs, and it didn't effect any other op, So maybe it is possible?

Keep in mind when they removed it from the Bestia, and ToS XP farm spots, it was long before CXP/renown, and conquest wasn't tied to Mobs at that time..

Edited by Toraak

for a person that watching a lot the fleet chat ill sure you that random groups go in for conquest points in EV every freaking hour

stop mention guilds coz guilds have nothing to do with it.

and get over it

isnt big guilds that only win, its guilds with most dedicated players that win.

i have a char in a guild with 900 something chars and barely every week are into top 10.

Edited by Kissakias

Keep in mind when they removed it from the Bestia, and ToS XP farm spots, it was long before CXP/renown, and conquest wasn't tied to Mobs at that time..

very good point. guess we're going to have to wait till a dev , or one of the community managers chimes in, and lets us know if it's possible. Assumning the can, or know...lol

I've written in the forums multiple times asking BW to change the way yields work since there are two systems that contradict each other. One system is the achievements + titles that are unique for each location and the other system is the points yield one. You can't get achievements + titles without invading all yields. My last attempt to get them to change it was to suggest 6 targets each week to spread things out further. My attempt before that was to try and convince them to make all targets available each week. Clearly nothing changed so the system is working as EA want it to.

Can you consider making a thread with your suggestions and stick it in "General" just to give your ideas some new breath and some exposure? I realize you have done this in the past, but times are different now.

I mean with how things are operating at BW during these times, maybe they have the time to think on these ideas.

Granted, they might not have the manpower to work on these changes any time soon, but maybe they do have more time to bounce ideas off each other for future plans.

Stop hating on players and guilds who are doing nothing besides using the system as it was designed. If you want things to change then focus your frustration on EA who are the ones that keep making these poorly thought out decisions.

Yep. As is the case in many situations on SWTOR, you got players blaming other players for changes made or not made by BW. People are frustrated and rightly so, but shortsighted when it comes to who they dish the blame on.

What's the difference between farming EV op and farming KDY fp?

EV Farm: 1 boss, some trash, 16 people

KDY Farm: 1 boss, lots of trash, 4 people

There is absolutely no difference except that it requires 16 people to farm EV and only 4 to farm KDY.