Am I losing my mind??

Holocron

I swear, I remember that there use to be a way, or there was some in game mechanism where you could completely reset your character's class/planet story progress back to the beginning of the game, regardless of level. I want to say it was during the 1-50 vanilla time frame, and it allowed to replay your story but make different choices, because people were having trouble with quest getting stuck and not updating at the time. Do any of you old players remember something like that???

I swear, I remember that there use to be a way, or there was some in game mechanism where you could completely reset your character's class/planet story progress back to the beginning of the game, regardless of level. I want to say it was during the 1-50 vanilla time frame, and it allowed to replay your story but make different choices, because people were having trouble with quest getting stuck and not updating at the time. Do any of you old players remember something like that???

You're losing your mind...never ever been able to reset your progress...EVER.

I wonder if in fact i'm just conflating the two. :(

Mixed in with the recollection of the skill points reset NPC possibly.

There is, in a sense, a way to do what you want though. You go to a Personal Customization Kiosk and write down the numbers for all the settings of face, hair, eyes, etc, etc. Then you delete the character and create a new character with the same customization numbers. (This, of course, loses all "bound" items, but other things such as credits, and non-bound items can be placed in Legacy storage before deletion.)

Well, technically this feature does actually exist. You just delete your character, remake him/her, and start over again. Maybe that's what you did. You remember doing the story over again, but forgot you deleted your character, so your mind filled in the blanks by assuming you used an in-game feature to do that.

Also, you can reset story progress for a single mission by clicking the reset button on the mission panel, but just for that one mission. It doesn't let you redo previous missions, much less entire story chapters. That may also have contributed to you misremembering.

I love it when you guys talk about SWG. It’s like overhearing two aliens chatting about alien stuff, but in English. :D👂

I support this comment! It's still really crazy to me to think back at all the features that SWG actually had, and even though it had some flaws it still had absolutely stellar features that many games still don't have today, TODAY....IN 2019!!

btw, Heaven would be if they took SWG and SWTOR, and blended it into one game.

Edited by Holocron

I support this comment! It's still really crazy to me to think back at all the features that SWG actually had, and even though it had some flaws it still had absolutely stellar features that many games still don't have today, TODAY....IN 2019!!

btw, Heaven would be if they took SWG and SWTOR, and blended it into one game.

I'd never leave my house ever again if SWG and Swtor had a love child. Fire dept would have to come break down the door to investigate the smell. They'd find me bucked naked at the keyboard with drool coming down my mouth.

Side note, I still play SWG on Emu servers. That's how much of an impact that game has had on my life.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I'd never leave my house ever again if SWG and Swtor had a love child. Fire dept would have to come break down the door to investigate the smell. They'd find me bucked naked at the keyboard with drool coming down my mouth.

Side note, I still play SWG on Emu servers. That's how much of an impact that game has had on my life.

Yeah, there are a lot of people that play it, i should dump this game and stay back at SWG again. I just dont want to regrind all my classes for Jedi lol...... Again.:(

Edited by MandFlurry