Ilum lag during big fights.

Bukwas

I am sure this has been talked about before, but Bio needs to beef up the server for Ilum so there is lees lag when there are big groups, from both factions, fighting in central. Not sure what they can do to help this problem, but something needs to be done. I really enjoy going to Ilum, especially on Tuesdays after the reset, and do some fighting. I am not sure how the other servers are on Ilum, but I would like to hear from others on this. I play on Dreshdae Cantina, Imp.

its not "lag", its FPS dropping, which happens to most people who have average PCs in any MMO or shooter when you have 50+ people all packed into a small areas so most are activly in your field of view.

people dont go out and spend big money on high end gaming PCs just for the fun of it.

its not "lag", its FPS dropping, which happens to most people who have average PCs in any MMO or shooter when you have 50+ people all packed into a small areas so most are activly in your field of view.

people dont go out and spend big money on high end gaming PCs just for the fun of it.

Battlefield 3 disagrees.

Yes, the issue may be FPS related but it's more to poor coding than it is due to the visual detail displayed on the screen.

There is no excuse for why Ilum should perform as badly as it does. Other MMOs, including WoW achieve much better performance with much larger player-numbers, and arguably look better during it too.

Nope, no....the fault lies entirely with Bioware on this one. There are entire 100+ threads dedicated to explaining the shortcomings of the engine that drives the game.

I would like to know the specs of that computer that doesn't lag at all in ilum.