Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best crafting for sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best crafting for sniper

kaischris
02.17.2020 , 06:18 AM | #1
Hello everyone new player here! I started with cybertech and have it up to 280 but after doing some research it appears there isn’t a reason to craft cybertech since you can purchase better mods / enhancements from vendors... the exception being grenades which you could purchase on the GTN.

I’m debating switching to Biotech for the cooldown meds / stims. As far as I can tell is this the only “exclusive” crafting ability? I have people suggesting synthweave would be better for the critical armor augments but couldn’t I just buy those on the GTN? I’m a bit of an optimizer and though I plan to play mainly PvE I still want the most optimized gear.

So my question is can I go Biotech for the cooldown stims then just purchase all the other required crafter gear? Or is there another reason to stick with a different craft?

Thanks!

Void_Singer
02.17.2020 , 05:08 PM | #2
biochem has the only exclusive ability that affects gameplay. if that's your goal, that's what you want
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

mattclary
03.06.2020 , 09:48 AM | #3
What vendors sell better mods and enhancements??? You craft blues (and purples if you really want) , but I have only seen vendors sell green quality.

IMO, Cybertech is probably a good choice, but Armstech will allow you to build blaster barrels, so that is pretty darned useful.

I have a stable of alts with all the crafting skills, so I make what I need when I need it. I have sets of legacy bound armor set up that I pass around as toons level up.

SteveTheCynic
03.06.2020 , 12:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kaischris View Post
I have people suggesting synthweave would be better for the critical armor augments but couldn’t I just buy those on the GTN?
You could, but only because other players have crafted them. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions from that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Vercundus
03.09.2020 , 05:38 AM | #5
Have six toons for six crafting professions. Give Biochem to your main toon.
Professions have no relations to classes, apart from possible head-canon issues, like tech class doing artifice, but that has no impact on crafting itself.
Case closed.

Rogozhi
03.09.2020 , 12:10 PM | #6
Biochem is pretty good, particularly on a main, since you can use the reusables or self craft the consumables. Just be ready for a heafty grind to unlock the reusable because you need a ton of mats.

Synthweaving isn't a bad choice either for the critical augments. Unless you're a healer, you'll likely only be using these, and on Star Forge they sell for about 5 million each. It's cheaper to craft them yourself with gathered mats.