2 Man Flashpoints with Companions

How viable is it for me and my friend to 2 man flashpoints if we use companions to make up the other 2 slots?

How much would we have to over level them to be successful?

Do flashpoints have both a normal and heroic option? Would one be possible but the other not?

yes it's possible, IF and ONLY IF you and your friend are tank and heals and your pets are the top dps pets with full epic augmented gear.

any other scenerio and no, you need human healers and tanks to do most things.

Does this apply to all flashpoints? Endgame only? both Normal modes and heroic?

Me with friend from guild(me tank +companion dps, him heal + companion heal) did 2 FP. Boarding party, Fundary. And in 3 person Colicoid and Red Reaper. So it is fully possible to do FP with companions.

Well I'm guardian tank, my friend is a Shadow DPS, if we rolled with 2 x healer companions would that prove sufficient? a little challenge isn't a problem and if we need to out level a flashlpoint by a level or 2 we can do that, we just prefer to tackle the challenges with just the 2 of us.

Pre 50 you should be able to do every flashpoint except the collicoid wargame because you would need more people to man the turrets and bulwark from directive 7. This is at legitimate level range, you shouldn't have to overlevel. My healer partner and I beat every other flashpoint when it was listed as yellow.

Once you get 50 and get vastly better gear you can try bulwark again.

Edited by DonnieT

Pre 50 you should be able to do every flashpoint except the collicoid wargame because you would need more people to man the turrets and bulwark from directive 7. This is at legitimate level range, you shouldn't have to overlevel. My healer partner and I beat every other flashpoint when it was listed as yellow.

Once you get 50 and get vastly better gear you can try bulwark again.

That sounds fine for what we want to, at the level cap we would re-evaluate things but while leveling we find its easier to stick with each other.

I'm an Op healer and use my well-geared ranged tank companion, Kaliyo, with the assistance of 1 or 2 player DPS to finish off the group. At level 33 I did Cademimu successfully with Kaliyo tanking. I haven't tried Boarding Party yet, though I may do so tonight. I'm level 35 now. I would like to run a flashpoint that I don't outlevel while usuing Kaliyo to tank, but I don't think that would go down well.