Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's your argument you have no skill. We are ASSASSINS not Juggernauts. I know the concept is confusing.

what did i just say

yes we are assasins we cant stand toe to toe with anyone without getting facerolled we are as good as our cooldown durations which is about 10 seconds before having to pop 4 cooldowns to get out of there and back into stealth again then you have to wait about 2 minutes for your cooldowns to go back into battle. or if your lucky kill your target and out of combat to stealth again.

I'm going to assume you're melee and I'm also going to assume that you just started pvping. You know that wonderful little ability known as an "interrupt?" Guess what, it's not just for healers or pve, it even has a range that's a hell of a lot further than your melee range. Learn to use it.

Seriously?

How about your fancy faceroll ability be changed to melee range?

Fair now?

Hello, 50 Gunnery Commando here.

I currently have 1450 Aim, 290 Power, 250 Critical and 100 Surge. My Grav Round deals 1520-1570 damage on the first hit, and about 1710-1760 on the third with maximum Vortex stacks. On a crit, which happens 30% of the time, I deal an extra 65% damage, which results in 2450 to 2750 damage. If I were to maximally optimize this (by grabbing all Aim, Crit and Surge gear of maximum quality), I'd expect to see ~1850 damage on a normal hit, and something like 3200 on a crit.

I simply can not see how a Grav Round can approach 4k damage, let alone 8k.

What I can see happening is Sticky>Grav>Demolition Round, where all abilities hit at the same time on a target with maximum vortex stacks. If all three of these crit, the damage is something like 2k+2.5k+3.3k in an instant. However, this attack chain requires preparation by casting three consecutive Grav Rounds without being interrupted, LoSed, stunned, killed or disengaged, and requires great luck, since all three skills need to crit for such a brutal impact. With 35% crit, the chance is below 5%.

In short, the OP is full of ****, has no idea how Gunnery/Arsenal works, and is trolling you all. The ********** he managed to gather here is panic-inducing as well.

have a clue ?

so you spec that class to spam 1 skill is that right then bioware screwed up badly LOL

but then its the players choice to be scrubsand abuse it so that means its realy bug/exploitation of the games mechanics

Maybe it's not that you are new, maybe you just aren't that smart?

Gunnery is built off building debuffs (and buffs) from grav rounds. Same applies to the mirror. When debuffed, you fire off other abilities to maximize damage.

People call 3 shots spam, but it paves the way to your other skills, so it's always an opener. Players of less intelligence don't notice the other skills, just the openers.

If troopers/bh's were so overpowered, people would be flocking to them on alts. But that's not the case.

Why does everyone overestimate the damage reduction? Damage taken doesn't change much in WZs from 12-50.. HP and damage output is the big difference.

and yes it does you get bolsterd but your gear stats stack ontop of the bolster which alone makes it unfair from 10-49

Added the op to my ignore list as he is a complete liar or freaking idiot, or both. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Also, that BH video is him fighting almost all non-50s and he always has at least one other team mate with him. It proves nothing, especially now that 50s have their own bracket.

Soo much ignorance.

I'm a shadow tank I'm playing with 20 keybindings now and have to use almost every one of them to stay alive/do dmg in pvp.

If a class can do that much of a dmg against me with hitting 11111111111111111111111111111111111111

it means there is a problem. If you deny that, THAT means you are the troll.

why are you directing yourl ife story at other people you clearly arnt aware or lack the brain capacity to see those 2 1 button wonder abilitys are stupidly overpowerd

Trolling is fun and you obviously are fond of the QQ button. Spam that one moar plox.

If you let yourself get "2 1 button wonder ABILITIES" to death 1v1 then its YOU being a terrible player.

Its almost as classic as a group of people standing next to each other wondering why they keep getting AoE spammed and killed.

Maybe it's not that you are new, maybe you just aren't that smart?

Gunnery is built off building debuffs (and buffs) from grav rounds. Same applies to the mirror. When debuffed, you fire off other abilities to maximize damage.

People call 3 shots spam, but it paves the way to your other skills, so it's always an opener. Players of less intelligence don't notice the other skills, just the openers.

If troopers/bh's were so overpowered, people would be flocking to them on alts. But that's not the case.

thats utter bull when im on my assasin the fist time i came up against most troopers the 1st grav round alone is hitting me for 4k-11k so dont give me that crap

and yes it does you get bolsterd but your gear stats stack ontop of the bolster which alone makes it unfair from 10-49

The only stats that affect damage reduction though is armor, internal and elemental. Grav round eventually almost completely penetrates armor, meaning it'll do the same numbers to anybody in that warzone. Not to mention bolster does enough that low levels have MORE armor than most would at that level. Expertise is the exception. That helps, but 10-15% doesn't cause these massive reductions that people imply.

Soo much ignorance.

I'm a shadow tank I'm playing with 20 keybindings now and have to use almost every one of them to stay alive/do dmg in pvp.

If a class can do that much of a dmg against me with hitting 11111111111111111111111111111111111111

it means there is a problem. If you deny that, THAT means you are the troll.

finaly another person with common sense <3

As hopeless as this is Ill try to help you Mercs and Commandos understand....

Lets take the Scoundrel for this instance apparently a faceroll class in some peoples minds however.

In order to do well as a Scoundrel you will have to use everything in your arsenal from opening to heals, from cc to anti cc and escapes.. If you dont you will be a null factor in a pvp match simple as.

What does it take for a commando or merc to do well? 3 buttons tops:

Tracer missle/grav round

cc breaker

mitigation shield

That to me and everyone else shows a balancing flaw...and with no stim stacking excuse to hide behind its only a matter of time before it gets fixed!

thats utter bull when im on my assasin the fist time i came up against most troopers the 1st grav round alone is hitting me for 4k-11k so dont give me that crap

4-11k stop running around with out gear on. they hit me for 2000-2200 with a crit, and they dont all crit, mercs are easy kills, l2p, i play a shadow.

You are a noob or a liar. Pick one.

Come back when you understand the trees.

I'm pretty sure the 11k is refering to when a Mercenary/Commando does Tracer Missile + Heatseeking Missile + the 4sec detonator skill all at once.

Before they broke up the bracket to 10-49 and 50, a Mercenary ran around in Huttball doing 5500+4500+3500. Basically instant death.

have a clue ?

so you spec that class to spam 1 skill is that right then bioware screwed up badly LOL

but then its the players choice to be scrubsand abuse it so that means its realy bug/exploitation of the games mechanics

any BH that just spams the one ability isn't doing it right, PLUS if you dont get crits with it your heat builds up fast. the only reason you are QQing is because the animation is so definate for it thats all you see, what you don't see is the dozen or so other abilities a good BH is using to mow you over with. Its about skill, yeah you can spam it and do good damage, but if you are not using the other skills associated with it, you are not getting the most out of your class.

I can agree having one skill over and over is silly, but that is how it is built, and not only for the BH, it just has the most noticeable FX, so kids like you come here and QQ, the whole time without understanding that the build actually takes skill to run it the way it is designed.

ALSO you come on here, yell for nerf, when it has been shown that it is easy to avoid tracer missle spam, yet that ain't good enough for ya, your class has to be the strongest i mean after all YOU chose it right... lol I can see a bit of a damage decrease but not much due to the amount of heat it builds. and dont say it isn't alot, 5 missles and i am at full heat if I dont crit with them. you cant kill a player with 5 missles, well at least one who knows how to play their class, U know how to play ur class? I have a hard time thinking a stealther would have issues with an arsenal BH... but hey what do i know? lol

4-11k stop running around with out gear on. they hit me for 2000-2200 with a crit, and they dont all crit, mercs are easy kills, l2p, i play a shadow.

Just because you can stealth to them and take them down doesn't make a ridiculous ability less ridiculous...

As a 50 Commando. I am expecting it to get nerfed and when it does I'll switch specs and start lighting everybody on fire (woooooo) but for now I'll just keep dropping a couple grav rounds on people and then popping them with my instant bolt and missile followed by a full auto.

Play one, and see what abilities you use, til then, enjoy the taste of your own foot.

Got a Commando and stopped playing at level 19 with it.

By far the most easy and boring class to pvp with and thats without spamming grav round.

I play on Jedi Covenant and would be quite happy to show you my comando too if you think im making it upj

11k Grav Round/Tracer Missile is an outright lie.

My Tracer Missiles crit for 2-2.5k. CRIT. It also puts a debuff on you. It also puts not one but TWO buffs on me.

If the Goddamned ability weren't so integral to everything we do, we might use it more.

Also, if Flame Thrower had a consistent, visible, understandable range, it might get more use. As it stands, the damn thing hits people who are next to and behind me and the one guy I really wanted it to hit, dead ahead, just doesn't get touched. It's very bizarre, twitchy, and seems ridiculously prone to lag... so I just use other things!

Like Tracer Missile.

Which stacks an armor sunder on the enemy. And makes it so your 31-point talent, Heat Seekers, does 25% more damage. And puts a 10% damage mitigation buff on you. And make your Rail Shot do 30% more damage. And resets the cooldown of your Unload and buffs its damage by 25%. And vents 8 heat whenever it crits.

THROW ROCK

HIT ABILITY TRACER MISSILE IMPROVES

Tracer Missile does an absolute ton of good stuff. It doesn't hit particularly hard (and if it does, you really need to put clothes on before you go out and fight evil) and it costs a ton of heat if it just randomly decides not to crit a few times in a row. We count on it, and sometimes it just, y'know, oops! you have a bajillion heat because I didn't crit. Guess you just have to spam autoattack now.

It isn't great. It's better than a lot of other things we have (some of which simply don't function as intended), but it is a very long step from overpowered.

Same can be said for sith shooting lighting out of every orifice. All I do in pvp is dance around the zone jigging to the ten million people who rolled sith doing nothing but shoot lightning at me.

actually you just think that. Most of our abilities just have that effect. We are actually doing much more to you and thus why you die so fast.