May 1st patch did not fix MAJOR bug in warzones

doromleynek

I don't know if I am the only one, but from time to time during warzone matches, a horrible terrible glitch ruins the game for me.

When I die while also being knocked back and returned to spawn, my character respawns in the spawn area, but on his back. I am able to use all my abilites, but I cannot move. And because I can't move out of the spawn area, I get automatically kicked because of deserter debuff.

Thank you BioWare for not fixing this, I will not be pvping until you address this. This isn't something that happens once in a while, it happens almost every WZ I have been entering. Spending about 10 or more minutes in a WZ only to be kicked out because of this bug makes PvP to me not worth queing up for.

I don't know if I am the only one, but from time to time during warzone matches, a horrible terrible glitch ruins the game for me.

When I die while also being knocked back and returned to spawn, my character respawns in the spawn area, but on his back. I am able to use all my abilites, but I cannot move. And because I can't move out of the spawn area, I get automatically kicked because of deserter debuff.

Thank you BioWare for not fixing this, I will not be pvping until you address this. This isn't something that happens once in a while, it happens almost every WZ I have been entering. Spending about 10 or more minutes in a WZ only to be kicked out because of this bug makes PvP to me not worth queing up for.

Wow, what class are you? Spec? Let's try to get some info to find out exactly how common this is. I have gone through 6 levels pvping on my sniper since 1.2 (roughly 65 wins worth on my PvP tab, so that doesn't factor loses) and I haven't had this happen once. Actually I haven't ever had this happen, but I have heard of people with similar problems. Maybe it's more localized.. like a problem with your character.. maybe you have a presistant bug? If you have more than 1 character do you experience it on all characters?

Edited by DarkDruidSS

Similar issue if you die while being cc'ed. In that case you get the dialog box prompting you to respawn, but you can't click the button. Thus you can't respawn and eventually you get kicked for being afk. Basically these negative stun, root, or knowckback effects are not being checked to see if they end with death in certain cases. Needs to be fixed asap.

You mean a bug that happens once in maybe every 50 war zones.

They fixed a lot of the old bugs and exploits. I could name about a dozen places you could leap through the world or get stuck, but they're all fixed now.

Had this happen to me once. Dunno what combination triggers it but i would suggest to wait couple seconds before reviving yourself if you died under the effect of some form of cc(which is most of the time)

Had it happen as recently as last night was on my Sniper got knocked down and killed before the stun ended and spawned back at the start area pinned on my back and not able to do anything because i was still stunned. The /Stuck command doesn't work, it uses the cd but no actual change happen, so you either leave the WZ or wait til it kicks you :( Frustrating either way you do it.

Had it also happen on my bounty hunter got Stunned and stuck in the spawn area when i respawned. It's happened a handfull of times across all my characters Makes the PvP system even more frustrating some days.

You mean a bug that happens once in maybe every 50 war zones.

They fixed a lot of the old bugs and exploits. I could name about a dozen places you could leap through the world or get stuck, but they're all fixed now.

Let's use your number of 50 as a starting point. I know i can get in as many as 50 matches some days. SO only once a day is acceptable amount of times happening for a bug? That boss didn't drop loot for you well it only happened to you once today so it's ok.......:rolleyes:

It's a problem that has been around a long time and continues to be a problem . Saying they fixed dozens of other bugs is not an excuse for not fixing this one.

Let's use your number of 50 as a starting point. I know i can get in as many as 50 matches some days. SO only once a day is acceptable amount of times happening for a bug? That boss didn't drop loot for you well it only happened to you once today so it's ok.......:rolleyes:

It's a problem that has been around a long time and continues to be a problem . Saying they fixed dozens of other bugs is not an excuse for not fixing this one.

The boss didn't drop loot ONCE out of 50 runs in a day?

There are other bugs, but not only related to pvp. In some situations you see players in places where they are not, usually occurs when people jump over ledges which have a small wall of fence on the edge.

Also I've been attacked and killed in a spot where my own player isn't on my screen before after force charging. I could see the enemy players attacking me (in melee, looked like they were hitting mid air on my screen) from about 30m away.

Similar issue if you die while being cc'ed. In that case you get the dialog box prompting you to respawn, but you can't click the button. Thus you can't respawn and eventually you get kicked for being afk. Basically these negative stun, root, or knowckback effects are not being checked to see if they end with death in certain cases. Needs to be fixed asap.

This.

I submitted bug about this. It is serious issue. I narowed down that i always get kicked out when trauma debuff is used on you before you die. You will be stuck in safezone laying on ground helplessly and will get kicked out due to deserter debuff. Thats because trauma debuff still ticking even when you respawn but it prevents you doing anything or moving.

I see this being exploited now. Where is bioware?

Edited by Divona

i belive this is the one that can befixed by hitting ctrl+u 2 times.

I would not call it MAJOR, maybe minor as it has only happened to me twice in who knows how many warzones. This being getting killed and ending up in the spawn on my back. Once I was perma-rooted in the spawn area, not sure if they are linked.

Annoying yes, but for the number of times I have experienced this I would say they have bigger things to fix then this very very random bug.

*A side note, this only seems to happen when my team is winning...odd.

I see this almost every single day. It doesn't necessarily happen to me, but I would say it happens to someone on my team at least once a day. The only thing we can do while this waits to be fixed, is wait a few seconds before respawning aftere we die. Not ideal...

also i noticed alot of snipers and gunslingers in this thread. only bring this up cause this bug has never happen to me but it happens to a gunslinger friend of mine all the time. I wounder if cover mechanic or something makes them more susceptible.

another one he gets every now and then is when he dies then respawns he is stuck in crouch position, but will not let him use any of his cover abilities. do any of you guys get that one as well?

If it is too much for you to bear, feel free to leave and/or not queue for PvP. I am sure you will be greatly missed.

Let's say it happens 1 out of 50 games. That is a whopping 2% of your total games you may experience this.

GAME BREAKING! Especially with dat 15 minute lockout for AFKing out of Warzones... Oh wait...

Let's up the ante a bit and say it happens 10 of 50 times, that is 20% chance. Meaning two out of five games you might see the issue. An average game lasts 15 minutes. You can go 45 minutes without seeing the bug... that does not qualify as game breaking.

Butter up, buttercup.

I know i can get in as many as 50 matches some days.

Assuming instant queues and a far above average game time of 8 minutes per warzone. This means you pvp for almost 7 hours a day, and in that 7 hours of playtime you experience the bug once. It also means you could take a character from rank 1 to 38 in one sitting before seeing the bug.

I've had the bug happen to me 3 times since launch. I'm rank 77 in valor, so I know I've played over 500 games to get to that point (It's probably closer to 1000). Using that as a benchmark the rate is actually way less than 1 in 50.

Edited by mechintel

Had it happen as recently as last night was on my Sniper got knocked down and killed before the stun ended and spawned back at the start area pinned on my back and not able to do anything because i was still stunned. The /Stuck command doesn't work, it uses the cd but no actual change happen, so you either leave the WZ or wait til it kicks you :( Frustrating either way you do it.

Had it also happen on my bounty hunter got Stunned and stuck in the spawn area when i respawned. It's happened a handfull of times across all my characters Makes the PvP system even more frustrating some days.

Happened to me last night. Died, and was standing in the respawn zone unablew to move. All other commands worked. Just couldn't move.

FailWare re-introduced an old bug. YAY QA Team... y0u suck!