Farming on Voidstar

IkritTOR

I was just in a Voidstar WZ where we got beat pretty bad (they got to the last door with 4 minutes left). I entered late and found my team getting dominated by Imps, nothing new. Voidstar matches seem to go either way, even Reps can dominate on my server (Ven Zallow).

Anyway, they plant the bomb, plow up the last door, and just sit there. Then, they all pool outside our spawn. Our door opens, we rush out, only to find about 4-5 AoE abilities on our doorstep. We jump down, then get decimated by the sorcs, snipers, and mercs they have waiting, since everyone is at half health (not saying anything about balance, just what they had). Rinse and repeat every time the door opens. It wouldn't have been so infuriating if the melee classes didn't start jumping up to us and attacking us through the door. Not via AoE, but via targeted abilities (like an Annihilation Marauder attacking me with all of his DoTs and such).

The worst part: nothing we could do. I don't mind getting beaten quickly; it happens from time to time. It's just that when this farming happens, it ruins the experience. I also know this happens in huttball, but at least there you can do something about it, such as knock enemies into the lower level (pit) so your team might be able to attack, but on Voidstar, it isn't possible.

Don't have any suggestions on how to fix this at this time. Is this breaking the rules? Is the best solution to just report the players doing this? Thoughts?

Edited by IkritTOR

I was just in a Voidstar WZ where we got beat pretty bad (they got to the last door with 4 minutes left). I entered late and found my team getting dominated by Imps, nothing new. Voidstar matches seem to go either way, even Reps can dominate on my server (Ven Zallow).

Anyway, they plant the bomb, plow up the last door, and just sit there. Then, they all pool outside our spawn. Our door opens, we rush out, only to find about 4-5 AoE abilities on our doorstep. We jump down, then get decimated by the sorcs, snipers, and mercs they have waiting, since everyone is at half health (not saying anything about balance, just what they had). Rinse and repeat every time the door opens. It wouldn't have been so infuriating if the melee classes didn't start jumping up to us and attacking us through the door. Not via AoE, but via targeted abilities (like an Annihilation Marauder attacking me with all of his DoTs and such).

The worst part: nothing we could do. I don't mind getting beaten quickly; it happens from time to time. It's just that when this farming happens, it ruins the experience. I also know this happens in huttball, but at least there you can do something about it, such as knock enemies into the lower level (pit) so your team might be able to attack, but on Voidstar, it isn't possible.

I do this tbh.

Whenever it's 5-0 in huttball with 11 mins left or we get futher than they did in Voistar, we just don't cap the datacron to farm.

I mean, I dont'see why not. If theyd do it to me I wouldn't be bothered.

I do this tbh.

Whenever it's 5-0 in huttball with 11 mins left or we get futher than they did in Voistar, we just don't cap the datacron to farm.

I mean, I dont'see why not. If theyd do it to me I wouldn't be bothered.

But are you camping their spawn, or are you just fighting like a deathmatch? A deathmatch I don't mind as much, but when you can't even land on the ground from the spawn because of the damage they do, is that fun?

People camp because you get more valor based on how long the match takes. The quicker you win, the less valor you get.

I know why they do it, but I feel as though that is unfair gameplay, especially as the game forces you to be killed.

People camp because you get more valor based on how long the match takes. The quicker you win, the less valor you get.

Two Quick Wins = More Valor then One Long Win.

People fail to realize this.

Then the argument is "LOL not every match is fast". Time per valor for one short and one long (non farm long but hard fought long) still works out to higher valor per minute then two farmed longs.

Two Quick Wins = More Valor then One Long Win.

People fail to realize this.

Then the argument is "LOL not every match is fast". Time per valor for one short and one long (non farm long but hard fought long) still works out to higher valor per minute then two farmed longs.

What?

The longer the match, the more valor you get. You are trying to say that 1 short and a long give more than 2 longs? I don't know what you are talking about.

What?

The longer the match, the more valor you get. You are trying to say that 1 short and a long give more than 2 longs? I don't know what you are talking about.

2 wins = more gear

The daily and weekly rely on wins, correct?

Unless of course they were all BM, which is possible.

Its players doing it, not bioware. also not against the rules, people are just being a holes.

Well, I know Bioware can't anticipate everything that happens in PvP, but in the Rules of Conduct, players "may not engage in any of the following behavior: 20. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic" I'm not sure if this would be considered in that, but Bioware reserves the right to interpret and apply this rule as needed.

Yes, I actually did read the RoC :D

Had a team choose to do this one game when I joined late.

We still lost the game, but... I stealthed down to the core room and waited on them when it got to about 30 seconds. When two tried to rush the core and cap it with like 8 seconds left I was able to CC and knockback enough to keep them from capping the core in time.

Not sure if they lost valor for not getting the core, but it felt pretty good.

Farming is very short sighted. You get more medals, but all those players don't reque. that creates longer time in between warzones. (non-same faction huttball)

I recently went on the imperial fleet with alt to ask if they would come fight us in Ilum and they complained that not enough of us pubs were queing for warzones. I go back to pub fleet and folks say, they were farmed in a huttball match so why bother.

Farming is very short sighted. You get more medals, but all those players don't reque. that creates longer time in between warzones. (non-same faction huttball)

I recently went on the imperial fleet with alt to ask if they would come fight us in Ilum and they complained that not enough of us pubs were queing for warzones. I go back to pub fleet and folks say, they were farmed in a huttball match so why bother.

It doesn't even give too many more medals. Maybe 1 or 2, if you don't already have 300k damage (75k for a healer) and 25 kills. It's not like the healer or the tank will get too much out of it, if they have been consistently dealing damage throughout the match (which, if that team was so strong, even the healers wouldn't be healing 24/7 like in a tough, close match)

I decided not to requeue, partly because of this, and partly because I didn't get win credit twice. I did get a fun Huttball match though. 7 Counselors, 4 or 5 of us Sages. Rescue the tank shadow ball carrier ftw! :D

Had a team choose to do this one game when I joined late.

We still lost the game, but... I stealthed down to the core room and waited on them when it got to about 30 seconds. When two tried to rush the core and cap it with like 8 seconds left I was able to CC and knockback enough to keep them from capping the core in time.

Not sure if they lost valor for not getting the core, but it felt pretty good.

Haha, nice. I don't think they got the core; they had already won by opening the last doors. I wonder if it was because if they let the time run out, they get credit for the win for the daily/weekly. I dunno, thought I read something like that somewhere here in the PvP forum. Even so, would have been nice to at least have gotten a fair fight (as fair as a fight between one very good team and one poor team can get...)

You know. I was farmed in huttball match is lame excuse. I have been farmed more times than I can count, I have been rolled by premades more times than I can count. You know what I do? I suck it the hell up and I still play. IMO not quitting to queue has made me a more rounded player. I don't claim to be the best, but if I hadn't fought against these odds and the stuff I have been put against, I would not be as experienced as I am now.

So people do need to suck it up a bit.

Well, I know Bioware can't anticipate everything that happens in PvP, but in the Rules of Conduct, players "may not engage in any of the following behavior: 20. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic" I'm not sure if this would be considered in that, but Bioware reserves the right to interpret and apply this rule as needed.

Yes, I actually did read the RoC :D

no it doesnt, if it did anyone pvping would be banned as thats what they are doing using skills and killing you at a certain point which is a valid area to fight.

if they were on your actual ledge and someone exploited a way to get into your area behind the shield then yes.

You know. I was farmed in huttball match is lame excuse. I have been farmed more times than I can count, I have been rolled by premades more times than I can count. You know what I do? I suck it the hell up and I still play. IMO not quitting to queue has made me a more rounded player. I don't claim to be the best, but if I hadn't fought against these odds and the stuff I have been put against, I would not be as experienced as I am now.

So people do need to suck it up a bit.

Again, getting killed at the spawn, just like what happened on Ilum a month ago, is not doing anything other than making a PvP match PvE. When you can barely walk out of your spawn, it's not fun. Naturally it's not always fun when you lose, but at the same time, you can play your hardest and get something out of it. There was no playing here. I was robbed of a chance to do anything by game mechanics and a few jerks.

Again, getting killed at the spawn, just like what happened on Ilum a month ago, is not doing anything other than making a PvP match PvE. When you can barely walk out of your spawn, it's not fun. Naturally it's not always fun when you lose, but at the same time, you can play your hardest and get something out of it. There was no playing here. I was robbed of a chance to do anything by game mechanics and a few jerks.

base killing and spawn point killing are different though. You chose to be in the warzone some people at that base probably afking in a safe spot.

Well, I know Bioware can't anticipate everything that happens in PvP, but in the Rules of Conduct, players "may not engage in any of the following behavior: 20. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Well I guess everyone violates the rules in Ilum because they are directly contributing to the slideshow which I know no one enjoys.