Is there anything to help keeping tracks of Dark Ward ?

Varlak

It wouldn't be that bad to keep an eye on it if at least, it would have a fixed spot on the buff bar. But when you must try to find it between 10+ other tiny icon in the heat of the battle. It require too much attention IMO.

Is their anyway to make that one easier to track ? A game setting or maybe an addon ?

I would definitely sort your buffs by time remaining and to sort for buffs you yourself applied first. Dark Ward never last long, so it will always be near the start of your buff bar. Alternatively you can either watch for the animation or set a timer on Starparse for 20 seconds after activating Dark Ward. You'd still need to watch for all Dark Ward stacks being consumed, but at least if the timer runs out you'll know. Edited by AdjeYo

• 2 weeks later...
You can also change the scale of your buff/debuff tiles. I think the default is .35, I bumped mine up to .5 or so to see them better on my heal toons where I need to see how many stacks of Resplendence I have. There are highlight options you can play with too, but I'm not sure Dark Ward/Kinetic Ward would be one that gets highlighted based on the options they give us. Play around with it and see what works for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The StarParse utility is used by many players - especially those doing Operations - to monitor, and graph their performance in real time as they're playing the game. That utility also has a feature of allowing you to define your own timers; this feature is independent of the game content you're playing. You'd be able to define a timer to have StarParse beep (or even have Admiral Akbar say "The Shield is Down") whenever Dark Ward expires. Edited by mike_carton

• 3 weeks later...
you shud redo dark charge when you can...period. Its instant but will stop focus spells.

it is okay to do that but it is suboptimal,you always want to refresh right before/after you lose your last charge or they run out of time everything else is not perfect.

You can use star parse timers,the problem the duration is not always the same so the "best" timer is one where it notifys you when dark ward runs out (or 2-3 secs later) and just get used to look at it at the buff bar and the timer helps with mistakes/getting a feel for it

Timer:

Name: Dark Ward

Trigger on: Effect lost

Source: You

Target: You

Effect: Dark Ward

Sound: X

Edited by JulWolle

• 3 months later...
it is okay to do that but it is suboptimal,you always want to refresh right before/after you lose your last charge or they run out of time everything else is not perfect.

You can use star parse timers,the problem the duration is not always the same so the "best" timer is one where it notifys you when dark ward runs out (or 2-3 secs later) and just get used to look at it at the buff bar and the timer helps with mistakes/getting a feel for it

Timer:

Name: Dark Ward

Trigger on: Effect lost

Source: You

Target: You

Effect: Dark Ward

Sound: X

Oh shoot.. had no idea you can do this, thanks!