KOTFE Chap 13 bonus mission incompletable

CloudCastle

The bonus mission, "The conned strike back" has been broken for some time now. This is the third character I have taken through this chapter who has not been able to compete this bonus mission, and I know that previous characters were able to do so, so something has changed.

The quest requires you to "defeat Brekkan gang members" and there are supposed to be 12 of them, but the area only contains 10. There are other killable mobs there but they are labeled "pirate" and not "Brekkan gang pirates" so they don't count. I thought there used to be a group of mobs in a pit in the last room, but there are none there now, only a droid.

I have scoured all the rooms in the area and there are no more mobs to be found. Once you leave that area, the quest updates and the bonus disappears.

• 1 year later...
The bonus mission, "The conned strike back" has been broken for some time now. This is the third character I have taken through this chapter who has not been able to compete this bonus mission, and I know that previous characters were able to do so, so something has changed.

The quest requires you to "defeat Brekkan gang members" and there are supposed to be 12 of them, but the area only contains 10. There are other killable mobs there but they are labeled "pirate" and not "Brekkan gang pirates" so they don't count. I thought there used to be a group of mobs in a pit in the last room, but there are none there now, only a droid.

I have scoured all the rooms in the area and there are no more mobs to be found. Once you leave that area, the quest updates and the bonus disappears.

Its unreal to me that these types of things never get fixed. If this was a bug preventing cartel coin purchases it would be fixed within hours.

• 1 year later...
Necro of an old thread because this was exactly the problem I was having and I stumbled on to a possible work around. One of the security drones spawn beneath the floor and I could get to it so I logged out hoping it would appear above the floor. When I logged back in, the mobs had respawned and I was able to complete this mission.

Well, since someone necroed the thread, I'll also point out that the bonus mission can be completed because there *are* enough gang members, but you have to back-track, Metroid style, to find the other two. (Go back through the area where you met the identify forger and out the other side.)

• 1 year later...
If you're doing this in 2020, zone out via the "exit area" tool and then zone back in via the chapter menu. The mobs will repop and you can finish the bonus mission.

Not necessary. Go back through the area where you met the identity forger and you'll find some there as well.

EDIT: I feel I should point out that I just did this chapter a few days ago, and my advice is accurate. To be sure, it's not the *only* way to do it, but faffing with exit-area and relaunching isn't the only way either.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 2 years later...

I completed this Bonus Mission today.  There were enough enemies after I unlocked the area to the next part of the main quest.

Just thought I would let you know it worked for Jedi Knight first play through.