Decorations: Signs leaving a note for key holders to read while the owner is offline

Falensawino

I like the idea of a message board, a wall "sign" where the stronghold owner can leave a message for visitors. I'd be worried about letting guests leave notes that can be seen by other guests, because the trolls would quickly make us regret putting up the signs.

I like the idea of a message board, a wall "sign" where the stronghold owner can leave a message for visitors. I'd be worried about letting guests leave notes that can be seen by other guests, because the trolls would quickly make us regret putting up the signs.

I think that would only become an issue in strongholds that are open to the public, considering that if it’s not, then everyone who has keys is a friend or guildmate (large enough guilds would likely have the same troll issue as public strongholds).

That said, this is a great idea! Maybe you could either toggle who’s allowed to leave notes (self/guild/friends/anyone) or set it so only people with a gold/silver key can leave a note.

Hmm.

Mailbox: one person sends a message to one recipient, nobody else will ever see it.

Sign/bulletin board: one person puts a note on it, *everyone* that clicks on it (or enters the SH, if it functions like a MOTD) sees it.

How is it remotely similar to the mailbox?