Professional Mount Opinionator: Izax

Hey,

So the mount and title for killing Izax before Patch 5.9 was finally released, you can see it here. First off, it's not that bad and clearly inspired by Izax with some cool details like the blue shield and blue particle effects which are similar to the Omnicannon. But after that, it just feels like someone either rescaled the back piece incorrectly or simply though "yea huge backpacks are cool", and judging from the reaction from the raiding community, that seems to an opinion shared by few.

The mount has quite a few similarities with Wings of the Architect, the most popular mount amongst the endgame raiding community and a mount that costs a lot of credits if you wish to buy it from a raiding team (which thousands of players have done, further illustrating a jackpot by the creator). However, one of the key points of the wings is the back piece which connects the "wings" with the player's body, (see picture here). The Wings of the Architect simply "blends" in with the player's body in a very effective way that makes the wings augment the outfit/character instead of dominating the appearance, which is the case of the Wings of the Dragon.

With less than two weeks to 5.9, I doubt Bioware will have time to reconfigure the mount a lot, but I hope that at least minor adjustments are made to the mount to ensure that some of these key issues are fixed.

This post is approved by Tommy, the best dressed player on Darth Malgus

Edited by RikuvonDrake

That mount is disgusting, please fix it, make it smaller, put it lower and add a tail or something.

this and make the tail or something swoop over the head of the character wearing the mount kind of like wings of a but the tail can just be a remodeled izax tail. right now that mount looks goofy silly and ridiculous.

if you play a merc or trooper i guess this mount as it is is nice but for other toons it is silly.

Edited by ottffsse

So many fun things could have been done with this mount which would have made it unique and sought after, which would mean that groups who didn't kill it pre 5.9 would still try to get the bosses down to get that cool mount in a similar manner that groups still do Brontes like 4 (?) years after it was released for the mount.

In particular, seeing as this is a new operation and a bit of a poster child for endgame PvE in swtor at the moment, it feels like an opportunity wasted.

Instead, we get a cockroach.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

So many fun things could have been done with this mount which would have made it unique and sought after, which would mean that groups who didn't kill it pre 5.9 would still try to get the bosses down to get that cool mount in a similar manner that groups still do Brontes like 4 (?) years after it was released for the mount.

In particular, seeing as this is a new operation and a bit of a poster child for endgame PvE in swtor at the moment, it feels like an opportunity wasted.

Instead, we get a cockroach.

The Wings of a Cockroach...

IT NEEDS A TAIL THIS IS JUST A REGULAR JETPACK RESKIN WITH A SHIELD MOUNT FLOURISH NOT A UNIQUE MODEL WITHOUT A TAIL ITS JUST A WEIRD KITE. WITH A TAIL ITS PROPER IZAXE MOUNT!!! YOU WEAR IZAXE SKIN JUST LIKE WHEN HUNTER KILLED BEAR OR WOLF (I LOVE WOLFS xdxdXDXD)

https://i.imgur.com/kauQEFX.png

I AM GRAFICS DESOIGNER I DID THAT IN 2 MINUTES XDXD ALREADY BETTER MOUNT HAHAHA XDXD

Edited by DarthYun

IT NEEDS A TAIL THIS IS JUST A REGULAR JETPACK RESKIN WITH A SHIELD MOUNT FLOURISH NOT A UNIQUE MODEL WITHOUT A TAIL ITS JUST A WEIRD KITE. WITH A TAIL ITS PROPER IZAXE MOUNT!!! YOU WEAR IZAXE SKIN JUST LIKE WHEN HUNTER KILLED BEAR OR WOLF (I LOVE WOLFS xdxdXDXD)

I AM GRAFICS DESOIGNER I DID THAT IN 2 MINUTES XDXD ALREADY BETTER MOUNT HAHAHA XDXD

I thinked in the same way and it looks so much better with the third wings and the tail.

To me it doesn't matter what the mount looks like. The rarity is what makes a mount shine. Brontes NiM is still the hardest boss in the game and therefor the Wings of the Architect have an exclusive appeal to them over every other mount. Same reason why people are still using "Conqueror of the Dread Fortress". It is not the most innovative title it is just one of the rarest ones.

Unfortunately Izax was so undertuned that many raiding guilds, even the ones struggling in NiM, managed to get the kill. So no matter how "good" the mount would look like it will lose attractiveness within a few weeks.

Edited by Zwirni

Oh and by the way I think the mount and the title would've been much better if German teams were allowed to come on PTS. Instead of ignoring the German community Bioware should allow them to test content too!!! It's not fair!!!!111!!!1111!! Like they can give far more quality feedback than anyone else!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way I think the mount and the title would've been much better if German teams were allowed to come on PTS. Instead of ignoring the German community Bioware should allow them to test content too!!! It's not fair!!!!111!!!1111!! Like they can give far more quality feedback than anyone else!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone got it.

Gotta agree with that, looks way better with tail.

#addtailtothemountpls

To me it doesn't matter what the mount looks like. The rarity is what makes a mount shine. Brontes NiM is still the hardest boss in the game and therefor the Wings of the Architect have an exclusive appeal to them over every other mount. Same reason why people are still using "Conqueror of the Dread Fortress". It is not the most innovative title it is just one of the rarest ones.

Unfortunately Izax was so undertuned that many raiding guilds, even the ones struggling in NiM, managed to get the kill. So no matter how "good" the mount would look like it will lose attractiveness within a few weeks.

Well the point is that Wings you can get with crystals, here there is no such thing, but I am confused on the fact that people are able to 7man it and its supposed to be NiM tunned.

Well the point is that Wings you can get with crystals, here there is no such thing, but I am confused on the fact that people are able to 7man it and its supposed to be NiM tunned.

However they tuned it they did not add more mechanics or a notable dps check which is quite key to nightmare mode.

It certainly doesn't compete with the oricon buffed operations which had an actual NiM mode (more mechanics) and then got a damage and health buff for a limited title.

The current "buffed" state is easily ok for a hard mode.

I would believe it if someone looked at it and realised they forgot to add the damage and health boost for the timed period.

Edited by Gyronamics