Mission discovery slicing

Zylaro

Last night I sliced a box on Tatooine and got out a purple coloured item called:

Mission discovery slicing.

Required slicing 165

Use: grant this mission

One time use only

My question is: Is this like a get of of jail free card and if so, how do I use it? I have never heard of such a thing before.

The mission discovery items (there's available for every profession) are one time use missions.

Click on it, to learn it. It will unlock a one time use Wealthy mission that takes a long time to complete and costs more to do. But, if your companion succeds it will give you lots of resources (for slicing it gives you even more credits).

An alternative is to sell it on the GTN.

Since, you have slicing you have a chance to get more of the mission discovery items.

If they are for crewskills you do not have, don't vendor them, sell them on the GTN.

The 340 Treasure Hunting & Underworld Trading mission discovery items typically sell on the gTN for around 10,000 credits a piece.

Edited by Quiet

It's used for those with slicing crewskill.

If you don't have slicing, put it in the GTN or sell it to another player who has slicing.

If you do have slicing crewskill, you can send one of your companions (usually one of the ones who is not with you as an active companion) to a slicing mission and he will bring back something valuable.

Even though it says Slicing 165, i strongly recommend waiting 'til about 175. You can only do it once and at 165 you have a decent chance of failing it. This basically wastes the mission. So giving yourself about 5-10 levels over it increases your chance to succeed. I learned that the hard way ><

Even though it says Slicing 165, i strongly recommend waiting 'til about 175. You can only do it once and at 165 you have a decent chance of failing it. This basically wastes the mission. So giving yourself about 5-10 levels over it increases your chance to succeed. I learned that the hard way ><

ok, I will check what my slicing level is now, I think it is well above the 165. Thanks!