It's started already...

Less than a month into the game, it's already happening.

The ultimate example of "Loot above all"

4 man "LFG" flashpoint teams being organised as "class runs"

1 Knight, 1 consular, 1 smuggler, 1 commando

Or more often, a case of "I will have nobody of the same class as me in my group"

And on a RP server too.

Even back when I played "the MMO that must not be named", I never saw that sort of behaviour on something as trivial as a levelling 5man.

Saddened.

frankly I'm seeing about getting a group of people together where we all play nothing but troopers and level together. Only a**holes do what your talking about. Black list them then move on I've already told my guild about one dude that none of them will ever group with because he rolled need on a purple that neither of us could use for an alt. It is one of the firm reasons we need server forums is so we can black list people and teach them to be a better person.

Or more often, a case of "I will have nobody of the same class as me in my group"

And on a RP server too.

Even back when I played "the MMO that must not be named", I never saw that sort of behaviour on something as trivial as a levelling 5man.

Saddened.

So people want to make a perfect party? Four classes, four team positions. If your really that concerned over people doing it for loot, what about someone just choosing four troopers to be guaranteed trooper drops? Even with a perfect party, you might be unlucky enough to only ever see guardian drops.

We don't do this on purpose but my guild group is a Shadow/Vanguard/Guardian/Scoundrel. In the past few days even though we've not indicated it we've always ended up with a variation of the class we are missing if one of us isn't there.

I prefer having 4 classes to. Won't kick anybody on that, but I'm trying to make my groups this way.

Apart from reasons stated already it's also 4 buffs. And that's the most important reason for me.

It doesn't matter on most HM fights much, apart from making stuff asier and thus - faster. It does matter on Revan tho, where any kind of advantage is welcome.

I have nothing against doing it for "4 different positions" if that's their goal. But all classes have at least 2 different roles they can fill with ACs, so I don't see that's really beneficial, but each to their own.

I'm referring to groups where people have literally said they aren't inviting another of their class because they want "such and such" drop.

I go with 2 other commandos, know full well I have a small chance of getting stuff, but don't drop out because of it. Even passed on a pair of boots that gave a big END boost but only a small aim one as I thought the Vanguard would be more appropriate to need than a healer (of course that bit me in the bum, I lost the rolls on the subsequent gloves and weapon :) )

And to whoever asked what made me think this community would be any different from any other MMO - well, that's all I've heard people saying in chat in beta and in live (well that and "speak English in chat!!!") about how much ;)better we all are than other games - so they must be right, right? :)

And I don't run with them, I've not been in such a group just saw some around on the Republic fleet chat. So this isn't a bitterness post, I was just saddened by it. I'm old school, maybe I cling on to the past too much

And to whoever asked what made me think this community would be any different from any other MMO - well, that's all I've heard people saying in chat in beta and in live (well that and "speak English in chat!!!") about how much ;)better we all are than other games - so they must be right, right? :)

Every MMO community thinks it's better than every other MMO community. They're all equally terrible once retail hits :p

im probobly misunderstanding the OP.

whats wrong with making a group with all 4 classes? i typically try to do this in order to ensure no two are competing for the same gear, myself included. i dont kick ppl or say in general im looking for anyone then kick ppl that are the same class, i msg ppl of a class in which im interested.

And on a RP server too.

Saddened.

So your mad because people are being smart?

I could just imagine you leading a raid guild. Prolly roll in there with 5 tanks, 1 DPS, and a healer. :mon_rolleyes:

I do this also. Flashpoints take a good amount time ( like foundry) and the xp you get from a flashpoint is not that great. why run a 45 min dungeon only to lose one pc of gear that drops to another?

Everybody is happy cus they dont have to roll against anyone else. this makes for a happier run overall

The flipside is that if you have one of each base class you don't run in to the situation our group tends to, where we have an op, bh, and two inquisitors and get nothing but warrior loot.

I HATE it when that happens. I was doing the Esseles with my trooper and a friend who's also a trooper and we kept getting Jedi Knight/Consular and Smuggler gear! Its annoying as hell. I only run flashpoints to get gear and it is very aggrovating when that happens.

I have to admit, I secretly hope that whatever group I'm joining doesn't have another player of the same base class as me, so any loot for me will be uncontested. I won't go so far as to exclude others of the same class from my own groups, though. As others have pointed out, this game is so unbelievably easy, especially while leveling, that gear is more "nice to have" than "need to have."

-Macheath.

That was all my point was MacHeath, it's a nice to have. Not something to control your entire gaming experience (again, my PoV), and willingly make it unpleasant for other people, over a little piece of data sat on a database, somewhere.

Valax - I never said I was mad about it. There is a heck of a big middle ground between the extremes of maddening rage and unbridled, rapturous joy.

I know the usual judgement passed on forums is "hater or fanboy" but not for me.

And no, I would not lead a raid in the manner you described, nor have I ever in the numerous times I have done over the years.

Raids / roles has nothing to do with my original post, it's 4man/classes - different entirely.

I made an observation - some clearly share the sentiment. Others, naturally, do not. There you have it.

Edited by Alithyra

Devs already stated the best team comp is one of each classs. loot is broken up by class, there really is no reason to stack classes, what is your problem exactly?

And quest do not give best in slot gear, what kind of ridiculous statement is that.

Edited by deserttfoxx