Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TarotMage
12.27.2016 , 07:33 PM | #5151
I posted this in the Theron Shan thread but it bears repeating here:

What I would love to see (and pretty much pay for) is a bonus chapter that takes place between the end of KOTET and the beginning of whatever the devs have planned next. You and your LI (Theron for me) FINALLY get that vay-caaaay-shun and head off to some secluded, out-of-the-way paradise planet...only to find it's the secret staging ground for a radical faction (new cult of Revanites or Valkorian loyalists perhaps?) determined to take over the galaxy.

It'll have drama, excitement, hair-raising escapes, peppy romantic banter and Theron in swimwear. I'd call that a win.

(unfortunately there are some companion LI's who have not been found in the standard KOTFE/KOTET story arc. Just the same, I'd still like for this to happen once all LI's return and have been accounted for!)
"That's gonna leave a mark."

Nefla
12.27.2016 , 07:55 PM | #5152
Quote: Originally Posted by TarotMage View Post
I posted this in the Theron Shan thread but it bears repeating here:

What I would love to see (and pretty much pay for) is a bonus chapter that takes place between the end of KOTET and the beginning of whatever the devs have planned next. You and your LI (Theron for me) FINALLY get that vay-caaaay-shun and head off to some secluded, out-of-the-way paradise planet...only to find it's the secret staging ground for a radical faction (new cult of Revanites or Valkorian loyalists perhaps?) determined to take over the galaxy.

It'll have drama, excitement, hair-raising escapes, peppy romantic banter and Theron in swimwear. I'd call that a win.

(unfortunately there are some companion LI's who have not been found in the standard KOTFE/KOTET story arc. Just the same, I'd still like for this to happen once all LI's return and have been accounted for!)
I would pay all the dollars for this <3

vadess
12.27.2016 , 10:37 PM | #5153
I will pay all the dollars too... PLEASE, BIOWARE, make it so...

vadess
12.27.2016 , 11:01 PM | #5154
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
I would pay all the dollars for this <3
... Can Crim's date with Theron be him shopping in a mall for new clothes for Theron?

gentleblade
12.27.2016 , 11:34 PM | #5155
I want my jedi knight to have a forbidden marriage to Theron Shan, then spend the rest of the chapter trying to hide it from Satele until at last she reveals she knew all along and the Jedi are basically like the Night's Watch. Everyone's scoring, you just don't make a big to do about it.

Nefla
12.28.2016 , 03:06 PM | #5156
Quote: Originally Posted by gentleblade View Post
I want my jedi knight to have a forbidden marriage to Theron Shan, then spend the rest of the chapter trying to hide it from Satele until at last she reveals she knew all along and the Jedi are basically like the Night's Watch. Everyone's scoring, you just don't make a big to do about it.
Frack yes <3 I mean they pretty much did that with Kira!

SithKoriandr
12.28.2016 , 04:54 PM | #5157
Quote: Originally Posted by gentleblade View Post
Why would it be hidden? The Order has been put to the wind. No reason for a secret wedding. As for Satele, why would she object? She herself considers herself beyond Jedi teachings now.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

TarotMage
12.29.2016 , 08:34 AM | #5158
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why would it be hidden? The Order has been put to the wind. No reason for a secret wedding. As for Satele, why would she object? She herself considers herself beyond Jedi teachings now.
Agreed. My Jedi Guardian Padryk and Jedi Sage Jin-zhe both romanced Theron starting with "Shadows of Revan" and stayed with him up until the end of KOTET. While they did break the "no emotional attachment" rule they seem to be doing all right by themselves. Of course, they've never been faced with the ultimate choice -- do they save their LI? Or the Jedi Order? To be honest, I don't think the game will be so bold as to ever offer that choice. After all, if the brouhaha over "The Choice" in Chapter 8 of KOTET was any indication, there would be mobs of players armed with pitchforks and torches surrounding BioWare Austin's offices should that ever make its way into the story arc.

BattlebloodMage
12.29.2016 , 08:43 AM | #5159
Quote: Originally Posted by TarotMage View Post
Agreed. My Jedi Guardian Padryk and Jedi Sage Jin-zhe both romanced Theron starting with "Shadows of Revan" and stayed with him up until the end of KOTET. While they did break the "no emotional attachment" rule they seem to be doing all right by themselves. Of course, they've never been faced with the ultimate choice -- do they save their LI? Or the Jedi Order? To be honest, I don't think the game will be so bold as to ever offer that choice. After all, if the brouhaha over "The Choice" in Chapter 8 of KOTET was any indication, there would be mobs of players armed with pitchforks and torches surrounding BioWare Austin's offices should that ever make its way into the story arc.
I hope they don't do it with Theron and Lana, choosing between a gay only and lesbian only option sound terrible regardless (Koth died, so his role wouldn't be as important in the sequel and the 3 people who romanced him probably can get over it). I would be part of the pitchfork crew.

The choice is pretty contrive, choosing between Vette and Torian, or Kaidan and Ashley. The choice feels very forced. I don't care about Vette and Torian, so it doesn't matter to me. Most people would likely choose to save the girl over the guy, so it's not really even a good choice selection, especially when Vette is a LI. I choose Vette simply because she's an alien and I don't want another 500 human companions in the group.

TarotMage
12.29.2016 , 12:59 PM | #5160
Quote: Originally Posted by BattlebloodMage View Post
I hope they don't do it with Theron and Lana, choosing between a gay only and lesbian only option sound terrible regardless (Koth died, so his role wouldn't be as important in the sequel and the 3 people who romanced him probably can get over it). I would be part of the pitchfork crew.

The choice is pretty contrive, choosing between Vette and Torian, or Kaidan and Ashley. The choice feels very forced. I don't care about Vette and Torian, so it doesn't matter to me. Most people would likely choose to save the girl over the guy, so it's not really even a good choice selection, especially when Vette is a LI. I choose Vette simply because she's an alien and I don't want another 500 human companions in the group.
None of my characters have ever romanced Vette or Torian so I can't honestly say how choosing one over the other would affect me. But it is ironic that players complained that their choices in KOTFE didn't matter and complained again in KOTET when they had to make a choice that did matter.

As for Theron and Lana, they are our contacts/advisors for KOTFE/KOTET so I don't think anything drastic will happen to them. However, the fact that
Spoiler
can be killed over the course of the KOTFE/KOTET story arc shows that players are being given more control on how good or evil they want to play their characters.