Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
03.27.2016 , 05:24 PM | #5071
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Are there any LGBT guilds out there? I have looked around and have not come across any. (wouldn't it be great for there to be some sort of in-game index/register to wade through guild-wise and read their descriptions and whatnot? but alas).
You can find some mentioned if you do a search for LGBT. Given the way guilds can come and go, they might not still be active though.

vadess's Avatar


vadess
03.27.2016 , 06:49 PM | #5072
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Are there any LGBT guilds out there? I have looked around and have not come across any. (wouldn't it be great for there to be some sort of in-game index/register to wade through guild-wise and read their descriptions and whatnot? but alas).
Here's a place where some LGBT-friendly guilds have advertised themselves- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=112319

TarotMage's Avatar


TarotMage
03.28.2016 , 09:39 PM | #5073
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Are there any LGBT guilds out there? I have looked around and have not come across any. (wouldn't it be great for there to be some sort of in-game index/register to wade through guild-wise and read their descriptions and whatnot? but alas).
Knights of Stonewall is on The Harbinger server. I used to be with them but their numbers have really dropped. Try contacting them at knightsofstonewall.com and see if they are still active and recruiting.

Hope this helps!
"That's gonna leave a mark."

Banetek's Avatar


Banetek
03.30.2016 , 04:39 PM | #5074
I was against the same sex romance because of Star wars being family friendly and all but I am happy at least its toned down and not done in such a mundane political manner. The wording on the options it gives you is not pushy and I don't feel at this point it will push any of the younger players to make choices that go against their nature.
My hatred fuels me...
Enoy the music

Saelinne's Avatar


Saelinne
03.30.2016 , 04:52 PM | #5075
Quote: Originally Posted by Banetek View Post
Spoiler
.
...ugh I am not sure if troll bait or not...

....anyway to answer you somewhat - yes you are right that in vanilla game they handled our romances badly, as (if I am not horribly mistaken) in most you needed only be polite and nice to someone to make the game think you were interested in them and start the romance. Thankfully from what I have seen in SoR and KoTFE this is not the case and you actually need to select the [flirt] option for the above to happen...?
....feel free to correct me if that actually is not the case

Edit: on the other hand I guess there is a realism in someone who likes you like that, twisting what you are saying and getting the wrong thing from it....
...I think this was the case with my JC and Iresso (it was long time ago) - if you continue to be polite to him, even without taking a single flirt option, it will inevitably lead to kiss....and as my JC was such a person to be always polite....

vadess's Avatar


vadess
03.30.2016 , 04:54 PM | #5076
Quote: Originally Posted by Banetek View Post
I was against the same sex romance because of Star wars being family friendly and all but I am happy at least its toned down and not done in such a mundane political manner. The wording on the options it gives you is not pushy and I don't feel at this point it will push any of the younger players to make choices that go against their nature.
Curious question: Were you not oK with Luke and Leia kiissing in ESB, or is incest family friendly?

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
03.30.2016 , 06:44 PM | #5077
Same-sex romance has nothing to do with a game (or that romance) being kid-friendly or not. You could have Disney's Cinderella, change Cinderella to a man, keep everything else the same and it's kid friendly. It's not like there's explicit sexual scenes in SWtOR and if there were, straight scenes wouldn't be any more "kid-friendly" than gay/lesbian ones.

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
03.30.2016 , 06:53 PM | #5078
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Curious question: Were you not oK with Luke and Leia missing in ESB, or is incest family friendly?
It wasn't direct incest really... They and the audience had no idea about them being related.

vadess's Avatar


vadess
03.30.2016 , 09:10 PM | #5079
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
It wasn't direct incest really... They and the audience had no idea about them being related.
True... What about destruction of Alderaan, or Darth Vader killing the younglings? Those were on screen, and the audience had an idea what happened.

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
03.30.2016 , 11:12 PM | #5080
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
True... What about destruction of Alderaan, or Darth Vader killing the younglings? Those were on screen, and the audience had an idea what happened.
Definitely! You also have Han murdering Greedo in cold blood on screen, Obi-Wan chopping off a guy's arm on screen, pregnant Padme getting slapped around on screen, an innocent slave woman being eaten alive by a rancor, etc...Even in the supposed kids shows the Clone Wars and Rebels, you have a ton of violence, slavery, racism, and people getting killed. That stuff is sure a lot worse for kids to see than this: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...6-28-166_1.png