Time To Vote For Your Sentinel Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Sentinel Class Representative?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Sentinel Class Representative?

• JediMasterSLC
    • Crawelc
    • KrunchyMedia
    • KeyboardNinja
    • Tman_AC

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Based on the nominations that many of you made in your nominations thread, the poll above highlights the top possible candidates to be your Class Representative. This poll will run until Monday, July 29th. At that point whoever has won the poll will be your new Class Representative! Around that time I will also post the schedule for each AC on when they will be submitting their top 3.

As a note, if for some reason you do not see someone who was nominated in the above poll it could be for a few reasons:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Again, please vote in the poll above by Monday, July 29th. Good luck everyone!

-eric

Is there a way to see the credentials of the nominated players? i.e. Do they play all specs effectively, do they pve AND pvp successfully? Parses and/or nomination 'speeches'? I don't doubt that these are good choices, but seeing as I really just know KBN out of all (and that is only from his presence on the forums), I feel very uninformed and uneasy about voting for or against players I just know nothing of. Edited by Dage

What was the point in posting that? Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?

You're like the only "watchman/anni is underpowered in PvP" denier in the game dude. I don't what you're trying to prove by posting on the forums saying "no no guys anni is fine, you're all just bad". Pretty much everyone either knows it should get at least a little PvP buff, or is alright with consigning it to PvE for some reason. If I were you, I especially wouldn't be saying it's fine in PvP (nor would I call out the nominees for not knowing their class), considering that you don't even break 1k DPS with it in any of your youtube vids. If you want generically call us out for being bad without any substantiation, I suggest you at least remove the link to your youtube channel in your sig to avoid being made fun of.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

ive seen JediMasterSLC do very very well as watchman comabt and focus. Doubling the DPS you have uploaded to youtube (NOT HATING) hes a very good player. I voted him because hes a good friend of mine but mainly because i know he actually cares about the game and wants it to succeed in the future. There are some ppl that might deserve it more then others as some ppl are only doing it to "troll" or be funny be thats how mmos are. He would have made a great rep tho. Luckily for us Gudarazz was doing pretty good in votes last time i checked and hes a great player and will do the marauders/sentinels proud in every aspect of the game :)

What was the point in posting that? Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?

You're like the only "watchman/anni is underpowered in PvP" denier in the game dude. I don't what you're trying to prove by posting on the forums saying "no no guys anni is fine, you're all just bad". Pretty much everyone either knows it should get at least a little PvP buff, or is alright with consigning it to PvE for some reason. If I were you, I especially wouldn't be saying it's fine in PvP (nor would I call out the nominees for not knowing their class), considering that you don't even break 1k DPS with it in any of your youtube vids. If you want generically call us out for being bad without any substantiation, I suggest you at least remove the link to your youtube channel in your sig to avoid being made fun of.

Not attempting to accomplish anything, this is going to happen whether I like it or not. But I can comment on how much of a joke this will be. The fact that I'm the "only one" to recognize anni/watchmans capabilities in pvp is a scary thought indeed. Especially compared to those who are up there on the poll. Create excuses all you like, but the spec is perfectly fine.

People with that same mindset are exactly whats going to ruin this whole opportunity. If you watch my videos, you'd see that early on not only was I undergeared severely, but that in PVP you are constantly moving, and therefore rarely put up high dps unless its a deadlock at an objective point, and are specificially going for numbers. Maybe thats nice in PVE, but in PVP the point is objectives, not numbers. A low dps also indicates that I actually kill people, and don't waste time beating on healers or other dps who simply shoot themselves back up. That is unless I'm the only person doing it, which isn't always the case, and as you can see in some of the individuals videos who are nominated above they generally have pocket healers on them the entire match and just go for kills/numbers, completely ignoring objectives. Thats not how you play a class, and it certainly doesn't represent skill.

One last point, my youtube videos are hardly an indication of what I do. They are put up there for fun. I often contemplated not uploading them just because of the difference in performance when the game is fps dipping, and made worse when fraps is fired up. The reason I haven't been uploading as much lately is due to SWTORs continued performance degradation coupled with fraps own impact on fps. (Which has a serious impact on performance as a player) If you would like to meet me in game perhaps, I can show you all about annihilation, we can see who bursts who down the fastest, and who will really be the one made fun of.

ive seen JediMasterSLC do very very well as watchman comabt and focus. Doubling the DPS you have uploaded to youtube (NOT HATING) hes a very good player. I voted him because hes a good friend of mine but mainly because i know he actually cares about the game and wants it to succeed in the future. There are some ppl that might deserve it more then others as some ppl are only doing it to "troll" or be funny be thats how mmos are. He would have made a great rep tho. Luckily for us Gudarazz was doing pretty good in votes last time i checked and hes a great player and will do the marauders/sentinels proud in every aspect of the game :)

Which can easily be done given the circumstances of a match as outlined above. Nothing amazing there. High DPS does not = good player. It indicates an inability to execute your target. Gudarzz is a clear example of someone who would not do this role justice at all. Watching his performance on stream is enough to make one cringe. As I said before, this is a popularity contest, nothing more.

That post certainly shows a kind of (anti-)social attitude I would never ever want to see in a class representative, regardless of any skill or competence said person has or claims to have.

Not at all. I merely care about my class and am voicing my concerns that players who have absolutely no idea what they're doing are being chosen to represent it. I wouldn't even take the opportunity myself if it were given to me, I don't consider myself to be the best, but I know more than those who are listed above, and thats a scary thought.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Sentinel - KBN, is there a class you don't play

<3

:D

LOL I declined the nomination to be a Guardian representative, since I don't play that class. I also don't have a Powertech. I play pretty much all of the others though, and I try to play them at a high level (jury's out on how successful I am). :-)

I could say the same thing about you. Every time I turn around, you seem to be mentioning something about raiding with YET ANOTHER class.

Man you don't even know the half of it. This is going to be such a joke. The people up there just happen to be familiar faces on the forum, and do not have any credibility to back them up other than their self proclaimed knowledge of the class, and the nominations which was essentially based on a popularity contest. Most of these guys don't even know how to properly gear. For those that do have footage of their gameplay, they're either half asleep, or don't fully grasp the basic fundamentals on how to kill a simple target in pvp with their respective specs. (most of which are lolsmash). These are also players who erroneously whine that Annihilation isn't viable in pvp, or that carnage is too difficult to play, and stack accuracy while in rage spec. I can only imagine what its like for other classes.

I have parses up on torparse and on my server's leaderboard thread. My sentinel's name is in my signature. There are some videos of me floating around, but not many as my sentinel *is* an alt and I don't record myself.

I'm not sure exactly what credentials you're looking for. Screenshots of million+ damage warzones with high objective points? Videos of prospective representatives downing nightmare bosses? Testimonials from guild mates? Class representatives are to bring the *community* needs to the developers. Being a consistent forum contributor is exactly the qualification that matters. Knowing the class is important so you can communicate sanely and sift through what community questions are the most significant, but it's not like you need to be an Elite Warlord from Beyond to achieve that.

My vote goes to oofalong, just for the record. He was only nominated for marauder though, so I had to vote on those forums.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

The fact that I'm the "only one" to recognize anni/watchmans capabilities in pvp is a scary thought indeed.

Or maybe the entire PvP community isn't wrong and you just need need to wake up? Do you seriously think it's ok that it's not viable for ranked in any map? It's obviously great for duels and pug stomping, but why be content with relegating it to those PvP situations? It's very similar to the situation with scrapper scoundrel/concealment op. Anyway, we've had this argument before and obviously neither of us is going to concede, so we should probably just agree to disagree.

One last point, my youtube videos are hardly an indication of what I do. They are put up there for fun. I often contemplated not uploading them just because of the difference in performance when the game is fps dipping, and made worse when fraps is fired up. The reason I haven't been uploading as much lately is due to SWTORs continued performance degradation coupled with fraps own impact on fps. (Which has a serious impact on performance as a player) If you would like to meet me in game perhaps, I can show you all about annihilation, we can see who bursts who down the fastest, and who will really be the one made fun of.

That's fine- normally I wouldn't call someone out for underperforming in their videos- but since you're the one who started s*** talking the candidates, I don't really feel bad about it. What server are you on? Please, teach me your ways oh great one.

Which can easily be done given the circumstances of a match as outlined above. Nothing amazing there. High DPS does not = good player. It indicates an inability to execute your target.

Or just that a decent main fight occurred with competent healers on both sides.

Not at all. I merely care about my class and am voicing my concerns that players who have absolutely no idea what they're doing are being chosen to represent it. I wouldn't even take the opportunity myself if it were given to me, I don't consider myself to be the best, but I know more than those who are listed above, and that's a scary thought.

If you honestly think you know more what you're talking about than the current candidates, maybe you should run for the position next time around?

I'm not sure exactly what credentials you're looking for. Screenshots of million+ damage warzones with high objective points? Videos of prospective representatives downing nightmare bosses? Testimonials from guild mates? Class representatives are to bring the *community* needs to the developers. Being a consistent forum contributor is exactly the qualification that matters. Knowing the class is important so you can communicate sanely and sift through what community questions are the most significant, but it's not like you need to be an Elite Warlord from Beyond to achieve that.

This is exactly what needed to be said. My vote was based on who knows the class well enough (i.e. knows the name of the abilities and can read the skill tree), who has proven to be a good communicator, and would respect the position and its role.

Whoever is the most skilled at PvP/PvE isn't what Bioware is looking for. Bioware just wants someone who can reliably relay primary concerns of the community about a class to the community team who hands it off to the combat team. To put it simply, they want someone to do the work of an intern without officially bringing them into the company. :p

Let me know when you guys feel like putting your e-peens back in your pants. In the mean-time, I don't care if you've seen one of the nominated players do great one time somewhere somehow. Show me some screenshots/videos/written guides/parses or anything that can show me:

1. Their devotion and commitment to them being my representative.

2. Their qualifications and knowledge of the class (Otherwise it really is just a popularity contest).

Please BW, choosing representatives for class balance is a great idea on paper. Do not botch it up by wanting to speed up the process. If you don't want to put in the work, time and effort in choosing a well rounded and qualified representative, then do not do it at all. Otherwise, the least you could do is oblige my request for credentials.

Finally, I am posting this only in the sentinel forum but this truly applies to all advanced classes currently in game, I just don't have the desire to needlessly multi-post to prove my point. If you agree with me, please let your opinion be heard and spread the demand around. Oh, and keep the e-peens away from this.

Edited by Dage

Excuse the double-post.

You make me out to be unreasonable and crazy for asking such basic proofs of the people I'm voting for. Any and all of those would be great proofs of your qualifications to represent me. That said, none of you have provided any of these. I don't blame you for that, I blame BW in the way they are rushing the voting process. If you or any of the candidates don't have the time or desire to post these now, they I also assume you don't have the time to be my representative. Asking of me to fetch that data amounts to the same thing.

However, you even mentioning the title Elite Warlord as a proof for one to be a good pvp'er is reason enough for me to worry. All that title shows is that one has time, A LOT of it. And that one chooses to spend it in Warzones. That's it. Now, if you indeed believe that Elite Warlord is a representation of your skill in pvp, then I do not consider you qualified to represent Sentinels when it comes to PVP.

Titles such as 'from Beyond' are different. They imply you have the experience of the elder game content under your belt as well as the dps/ehps required to complete them in a timely manner. By all means, if you possess the title, then you should flaunt it.

Finally, I am grateful for your contribution and response and I expect the same from all other nominations. I also understand that your presence on the forums is a positive criteria for your nomination and I whole-heartedly support that. However, it is and should only be a minimal part of the reason I vote for you or anyone else, the rest being your knowledge of the class.

Edited by Dage

Please BW, choosing representatives for class balance is a great idea on paper. Do not botch it up by wanting to speed up the process. If you don't want to put in the work, time and effort in choosing a well rounded and qualified representative, then do not do it at all. Otherwise, the least you could do is oblige my request for credentials.

You seem to be mistaken about class rep role, like so many other people.

BW wants to create some in-depth replies to issues community finds most pressing. But if they picked those issues, someone is bound to get mad "They avoid my issue on purpose". So they delegate responsibility of picking issues to community, and that is where class rep comes in. Gets selected. Gathers from community what he should ask about. Submits his list. And he's done. He might get called in if his counterpart from mirror class is unavaible 2 months later, but that's it. For next round of questions, next representative is selected.

Why oh why would they spend few months between each 4 month cycle of questions to carefully to pick who gets to make a list of questions? Representative does not get any power outside of his 3 questions. He can't get BW to do 'this' or 'that'. He does not provide any 'personal' feedback that BW is supposed to act upon. He makes list of 3 questions from community. We don't need rocket scientist with diploma and bunch of certificates for that.

That was entirely uncalled for and uninformed. I have no idea where your persistent personal dislike for me is coming from, but I would respectfully ask that you take it elsewhere (or even better, take it up with me in PMs). Spreading disinformation around the forums is serving no purpose.

I voted for JedimasterSLC. Hopefully he'll win the election for sentinel class representative so that watchman spec may finally get buffed and be a strong PVP spec again.

That being said, if Keyboardninja wins the election, please try to ask some questions about watchmen spec even though combat is the spec that you have listed in your signature.

Edited by TheCourier-

I voted for JedimasterSLC. Hopefully he'll win the election for sentinel class representative so that watchman spec may finally get buffed and be a strong PVP spec again.

That being said, if Keyboardninja wins the election, please try to ask some questions about watchmen spec even though combat is the spec that you have listed in your signature.

Thanks, but as you can see, there's no way I'm winning this :/

I'm sure keyboard will do just fine at compiling the community's questions and picking the best three.

I would *never* bias my questions simply toward the specs I prefer to play. They're not really "my" questions anyway; they are the community questions. Watchman viability in PvP is just as much a concern to me as Focus viability in single-target PvE fights.

I would *never* bias my questions simply toward the specs I prefer to play. They're not really "my" questions anyway; they are the community questions. Watchman viability in PvP is just as much a concern to me as Focus viability in single-target PvE fights.

Great point people seem to not understand exactly what the rep is going to do. This really is about the community and communication and having a singular voice that represents us. Not just what they want to ask or know however that could happen but let's hope the integrity of those voted for comes through.

The reason why I was being very skeptical about whether or not you would represent watchman spec isn't personal, it's just because you don't play on Pot5, and I've not watched any of your Twitch streams. :)

I know that a lot of class representatives are just going to push their own questions, instead of the most popular questions (look at some of the other class representative elections threads if you don't believe me). Politicians will sometimes campaign on things such as taxes, and then totally change their opinion on taxes when they get elected.

Edited by TheCourier-

I know that a lot of class representatives are just going to push their own questions, instead of the most popular questions (look at some of the other class representative elections threads if you don't believe me). Politicians will sometimes campaign on things such as taxes, and then totally change their opinion on taxes when they get elected.

If you have any proof to support this, you should PM it all to me. Sounds juicy. :jawa_cool:

Not just PvP, but it's inability to pull comp competitive numbers in PvE fights that have any downtime due to loss of stacks.