[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

IGotRawr

That just sounds like a lag issue for you and him. People need to know what the difference between a hack and what Bioware has given us with this ****** engine of theirs.

I don't lag ever with 100fps and a 25ms ping in a warzone. I would agree lag causes some strange things to happen but not in every warzone with the same person from the same guild 100% of the time there in the warzone what are the chances of that. Once every now and again ok but not every time you see this person in a warzone is there lag. Also this sage has no resolve and you can not CC them ever.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad players, everything seems like hacks.

It's true. I've had to explain a lot of things people complain about on my side of the warzone, are not in fact hacks, but well played and well coordinated players. We've had a great influx of newbs on the Imp side of BC.

Regardless there is still the macroers and hackers out there, and some are smart enough to only do a 10% or so speed hack, only macro for huttball grabs, etc.

But even in one example of a huttball grab last night, the guy was just really well practiced and fast when I reviewed my fraps, but it certainly looked bad while playing.

I just get the feeling that its small enough of a problem, or hard enough to detect BW hasn't taken it very seriously. Sure, its annoying. But it's only really bothersome when you face the same person/group over and over. There is always another warzone, playing an alt, or coming back to PvP later on.

Although its a newb fest right now, I'm actually kinda happy most of the most notorious of BC's sploiters transferred. Sucks for the imps tho, as a lot of them were on our side and helped us with wins :\

Edited by Maelael

Hacking happens...about 5% of the time it's accused. The other 95% are people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I've seen exactly 1 hack in the last month or so, despite constant pvp on multiple toons. Should something be done? Yes, definitely. Hacking is ridiculous. Anyone willing to do so, is clearly terrible to begin with, and should be punished for cheating. The problem is, something else needs to be done about people who don't know crap about other classes. Yelling haxz0rs bc you got your butt whooped or failed to understand a class mechanic, is the reality of the vast majority of supposed hacking cases.

It's true. I've had to explain a lot of things people complain about on my side of the warzone, are not in fact hacks, but well played and well coordinated players. We've had a great influx of newbs on the Imp side of BC.

Regardless there is still the macroers and hackers out there, and some are smart enough to only do a 10% or so speed hack, only macro for huttball grabs, etc.

But even in one example of a huttball grab last night, the guy was just really well practiced and fast when I reviewed my fraps, but it certainly looked bad while playing.

I just get the feeling that its small enough of a problem, or hard enough to detect BW hasn't taken it very seriously. Sure, its annoying. But it's only really bothersome when you face the same person/group over and over. There is always another warzone, playing an alt, or coming back to PvP later on.

Although its a newb fest right now, I'm actually kinda happy most of the most notorious of BC's sploiters transferred. Sucks for the imps tho, as a lot of them were on our side and helped us with wins :\

I personally have noticed a few more huttball clickers but for the most part the scene on BC as far as exploiting is concerned seems to have died down for the time being. Maybe it was just coincidence that a lot of PVPers transferred off the server.

I see hackers all the time!

Entire teams using speed hacks where they run 50% faster.

Entire teams in stealth, even non stealth classes.

Characters that stealth away then come back with half their health recovered

Sith assassins that disappear from one location and immediately appear in another.

Commandos that can't be slowed down.

They should be banned for using these cheats to win games over my team!

;)

Sith assassins that disappear from one location and immediately appear in another.

;)

This made me smile :)

;)

Theres a difference between "hacking" and "exploiting".... 99% of really odd things you see are exploits and are eventually fixed (bolster exploit, scamper over shields)

I do have a question though, I've only seen this happen a few times, but I have always been 1 on 1 with a specific sorc... and we all know sorcs have no stealth... who will be losing (I am also a sorc) and suddenly "fall" through floor be untargetable for a while then suddenly pop back up through the floor healed back up. Now 1, every time this happened it was in Huttball against the same Sorc 1 v 1... 2, they always ran over to the wall close to the medpac before they fell through floor... 3, the first time I gave it the benefit of a graphics glitch or lag, after that it was obviously an exploit. Any answers for that one? Oh and no they didn't get stealthed by someone else because my toon stayed locked on them and showed them targeted under the floor with him looking down at them, but getting a message about not able to see target.

My UI is displaying the class logos on everyone so I'm pretty sure the dark blue ones are sorcerers ;) Not that I need the community's recognition for I am intelligent and experienced enough in this game to recognize what plays are legit and those that aren't. Capping novare nodes while on the corner so you can't be targeted was an exploit, instant voidstar bomb plants was an exploit, rolling to get past forcefields was an exploit, there only way a sorcerer can simply vanish is if he's in the operative's infiltration radius and that can't be used on people in combat.

Wether you believe this is an unskilled player's QQing or the real thing that's really up to you, I don't have anything to prove, just looking to improve the gameplay for everyone. I've had over 20 good PvPers with tons of MMO pvp experience simply put SWTOR aside for the lack of support that's given to this aspect of the game. Just now 2.3 on the test server what did they give us? 2 FPs and a new daily area, YAY! This game has the potential to have the best PvP competition in any MMO, though right now it's close to the worst. Class balance issues aren't even that big of a deal as far as I'm concerned, teamwork and coordination will still top any FoTM/OP class.

I play to win, I'm not a QQer or a sore loser, I just like to see an even playing field. In ToFN 3/5 RWZs come down to who has the best hacks, most often file modifications because when you get smash for 15k as a geared guardian tank yourself, you know something's fishy ;)

My UI is displaying the class logos on everyone so I'm pretty sure the dark blue ones are sorcerers ;) Not that I need the community's recognition for I am intelligent and experienced enough in this game to recognize what plays are legit and those that aren't. Capping novare nodes while on the corner so you can't be targeted was an exploit, instant voidstar bomb plants was an exploit, rolling to get past forcefields was an exploit, there only way a sorcerer can simply vanish is if he's in the operative's infiltration radius and that can't be used on people in combat.

Wether you believe this is an unskilled player's QQing or the real thing that's really up to you, I don't have anything to prove, just looking to improve the gameplay for everyone. I've had over 20 good PvPers with tons of MMO pvp experience simply put SWTOR aside for the lack of support that's given to this aspect of the game. Just now 2.3 on the test server what did they give us? 2 FPs and a new daily area, YAY! This game has the potential to have the best PvP competition in any MMO, though right now it's close to the worst. Class balance issues aren't even that big of a deal as far as I'm concerned, teamwork and coordination will still top any FoTM/OP class.

I play to win, I'm not a QQer or a sore loser, I just like to see an even playing field. In ToFN 3/5 RWZs come down to who has the best hacks, most often file modifications because when you get smash for 15k as a geared guardian tank yourself, you know something's fishy ;)

You have no proof whatsoever? I play on TOFN most of the day and night I am on it now and I rarely see hackers. Not saying it doesn't happen, but don't Dramatize If you were complaining about macros I would of agreed but hack?. dude!

You have no proof whatsoever? I play on TOFN most of the day and night I am on it now and I rarely see hackers. Not saying it doesn't happen, but don't Dramatize If you were complaining about macros I would of agreed but hack?. dude!

If I started complaining about macros we'd run out of posting room on this forum mate :p Most entertaining thing about macros would be as a knight/warrior AC when you use your leap ability and get stunned before you even reach a target that's being focused by several people haha.

Yet, hacking in this game is easy, if you're a skilled coder you can totally edit your abilities to give you a 'god mode' period, for as I've said all the class/spec files are contained on the game client, being client side and not server side they're subject to all kinds of changes, it would be similar to packet editing in other MMOs, your client sends out of the ordinary information into the server. So really easy to spot if somebody actually gives a crap :p

And for the evidence, evidence has been deleted from these forums in the past over 10 times with the people who presented it being banned or threatened of being banned at least. Bioware apparently doesn't let you name hackers publicly which really turns me down to be honest.

Without mentioning names, could you elaborate on these so called "hacks". Are we talking about basic speed hacking or something els?

And since I don't think this is against the rules, could you give us your in-game names so we get an idea where this is coming from?

Edited by MidichIorian

My UI is displaying the class logos on everyone so I'm pretty sure the dark blue ones ...

Shadows are dark blue. They stealth. Not that I'm sure being unable to tell Imp from Rep is something you'd be happier to accept than just being wrong about stealth sorcs. Could even be someone entering a Smuggle field.

Also, damage is calculated server-side, you can't up smash damage 100% by changing client-side files.

I play tons and dont see hacking anymore .. i used to see it, but Bioware has since then been cracking down .. The hackers talk about how Bioware was clamping down and banning for speed hacking ..

i started playing again after a while and every warzone ive been in since was full of hackers. i even started recording them again. actually hackers talk like you, denying the issue. yes after months and several threads about it they finally banned that famous speedhacker. shows how much bw cares for real. but there are tons of other hacks, and speedhacks are still around, just less noticeable..

Shadows are dark blue. They stealth. Not that I'm sure being unable to tell Imp from Rep is something you'd be happier to accept than just being wrong about stealth sorcs. Could even be someone entering a Smuggle field.

Also, damage is calculated server-side, you can't up smash damage 100% by changing client-side files.

so if charstats are clientside, the dmg must be calculated serverside, because they are totally unrelated. like gear, has nothing to do with dmg. and if these stats arent clientside, why does ce work ?

Edited by feuer

i started playing again after a while and every warzone ive been in since was full of hackers.

This only tells me that you're either deliberately spreading nonsense for your own ends, or have no idea at all what you're talking about.

I'll pay you the compliment of assuming you're honest - that you didn't extend to me - which leaves the second option.

Edited by Wainamoinen

This only tells me that you're either deliberately spreading nonsense for your own ends, or have no idea at all what you're talking about.

I'll pay you the compliment of assuming you're honest - that you didn't extend to me - which leaves the second option.

no, you see thats the point. you are spreading nonsense and you know it ! otherwise you would have answered my question without starting to kiddy. i started recording hackers again, its on yt, easy to find with little research.

Edited by feuer

I am on Jedi Covenant and i do not see hacking going on like you say. What i do see is player not knowing what abilities other classes have and going there hacking not all ways the case. I not saying there is not hacking going on just saying there is a lot of cry wolf when you do not know the class who just killed you,

This. I could not have said it better.