Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stat Diminishing Returns

Buellzebubba's Avatar


Buellzebubba
05.25.2019 , 04:10 PM | #1
So anything above 110% accuracy is a waste of stat points, which I find equals 736 accuracy points to get to 110% exactly. Likewise anything above 704 Alacrity (1.4s GCD) is a waste unless you get to the next tier at 15 hundred or so.

At what point does Crit stop being effective? How about Mastery & Power?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.26.2019 , 02:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
So anything above 110% accuracy is a waste of stat points, which I find equals 736 accuracy points to get to 110% exactly. Likewise anything above 704 Alacrity (1.4s GCD) is a waste unless you get to the next tier at 15 hundred or so.

At what point does Crit stop being effective? How about Mastery & Power?
One thing to bear in mind if you go often to level-synced planets (e.g. doing the tour of the sub-max heroics and dailies) is that Mastery, Power, and Endurance are all clipped there (and way far below what's achievable in top-tier gear), while Crit is not. I'm not saying that you should "obviously" use that information as the primary guide for your selections, merely that it's worth at least considering.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Darkrebellord's Avatar


Darkrebellord
05.26.2019 , 03:31 AM | #3
You can forget any of the status when it comes to sith sorcerer DPS they useless at the best of time because of the nerfing it got while operative, smugglers, troopers, powertech got all the goodies and still do now.

I tried all different arrangements on sith sorcerer and made no different what so ever this includes critical it simple put the gear on and die as you go even your companions are useless in a fight on sith sorcerers.

The only ability on a sith sorcerer that make any imprint is force lightning the rest are so nerfed you might as well throw snow balls cause that is how status and ability are on a sith sorcerer now useless.

Buellzebubba's Avatar


Buellzebubba
05.27.2019 , 04:40 AM | #4
How about tanks? Old school tanks, not skanks. Is there a limit at which you should go ahead and put points to Crit, etc?

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
05.27.2019 , 07:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
How about tanks? Old school tanks, not skanks. Is there a limit at which you should go ahead and put points to Crit, etc?
I'm don't play tanks, so take this with a grain of salt, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in general the numbers I've seen say ~2000 Shield, ~1800 Absorb, don't worry about your Defense number because you'll have more than enough (you'll end up with over 4000), then you can play around with putting points into Endurance or Crit depending on what you want to accomplish. If you want more End you'll need the Lethal-B mods, which have to be crafted or found in crates. If you run the non-lettered Lethal mods you'll have less End but do a little more DPS.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
05.27.2019 , 09:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I'm don't play tanks, so take this with a grain of salt, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in general the numbers I've seen say ~2000 Shield, ~1800 Absorb, don't worry about your Defense number because you'll have more than enough (you'll end up with over 4000), then you can play around with putting points into Endurance or Crit depending on what you want to accomplish. If you want more End you'll need the Lethal-B mods, which have to be crafted or found in crates. If you run the non-lettered Lethal mods you'll have less End but do a little more DPS.
The actual best numbers vary with the different tank types, but that's essentially right. Around 1800 shield/absorb is reasonable for endgame gear.

If you're just started to gear for level 70 then I would suggest you aim for around 1500 points in shield and absorb to start with. You can get close to that with 230 gear and 228 shield/absorb augments.

Defense hits diminishing returns over 2000 points, and pretty much zero returns for anything over 3000. That's why it's common to run with lethal mods instead of warding. (and never use redoubt (defense) augments they are absolutely useless)

*more crit/power also helps a tank keep aggro, so keep that in mind when gearing.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.