Vendor "sell-back" option?

DarthManiku

I was trying to preview a companion customization option for Khem Val and by accident i ctr + left clicked and bought it (12,500 credits) by mistake. with no way to get my money back (except for about 10% if i vender it back) on this unwanted purchase i'm worried that i'll be unable to buy my mount now in two levels. i'm not expecting much execpt maybe to suggest a future implementation of some kind of buy-back feature, so accidental purchases like this can be undone within a certain time after purchase. loving the game though.. keep up the good work Bioware! Edited by DarthManiku

same thing happened to me. 14 commendations blown because apparently the system things ctrl-right click is the same as right click....very annoying. at the very least, if there's no buyback system, add a pop up for commendation purchases to confirm whether or not the player wants to purchase the item.

I was trying to preview a companion customization option for Khem Val and by accident i ctr + left clicked and bought it (12,500 credits) by mistake. with no way to get my money back (except for about 10% if i vender it back) on this unwanted purchase i'm worried that i'll be unable to buy my mount now in two levels. i'm not expecting much execpt maybe to suggest a future implementation of some kind of buy-back feature, so accidental purchases like this can be undone within a certain time after purchase. loving the game though.. keep up the good work Bioware!

exactly what happened to me also, i created a ticket right away, and no response from any CSR since 3 days ago. seems like its 12k down the drain

Agree, it happens and it needs to be addressed.
Your opinion.

Buyer beware - you try it, you buy it. This is no different than getting a "quote" and accidentally buying that plane ticket you never wanted under the non-refundable option.

In short, you're out 12k creds.

Your opinion.

Buyer beware - you try it, you buy it. This is no different than getting a "quote" and accidentally buying that plane ticket you never wanted under the non-refundable option.

In the UK distance sales have a 14 day cooling off period when you can unconditionally cancel, by law :p

(OK, so this only applies when your analogy is working on the basis of online sales, which it probably isn't when you're talking to a vendor directly...but then I don't think many people buy plane tickets in person any more.)

And anyway, a sell-back option would be useful. Although I'm not going to cry and demand one be added, I've had it happen to me and just gone "bugger", then continued with my game.

Edited by HELhikari

More important things for them to work on at the moment, but a more reliable way to preview items of clothing would be useful and confirmation of commendation purchases would be good.

I would never submit a ticket for a silly user mistake, don't waste their time like that, you messed up deal with it.

Your opinion.

Yes of course its just like that. we all know that no game has the option mentioned so it must be beyond the capabilities of the devs to implement it. Please stop defending bad design.

In short you are being bullheaded and contrary fro no reason

Your opinion.

lol, really? buyer beware of scumbags? you touch it you buy it? i mean seriously, this is another BASIC feature this game lacks at launch... forgivable for a free-to-play production from a basement company, but not BW

More important things for them to work on at the moment, but a more reliable way to preview items of clothing would be useful and confirmation of commendation purchases would be good.

I would never submit a ticket for a silly user mistake, don't waste their time like that, you messed up deal with it.

now, that's really silly, lack of basic game feature, this guy does a completely expected thing, opens a ticket, that has not been anwsered for 3 days! totally unacceptable (and please, dont tell me these temp drones have "more important things to do, hehe like picking their noses??

wow what's up with all the hostility going around.. i didn't submit a ticket on this and i'm not whining about it. i just submited on this forum what I thought would be a good addition for a game feature. you people all need to relax... serriously :)

I'm not understanding what the OP wants. Vendors have the ability to purchase back Items you've sold. Are you referring to a grace period after you've purchased an item to get a full refund? How long a grace period, 30sec, 1min? I've never seen something like this before.

WoW has it, Rift has it. Implemented to save on Customer Service calls to get refunds. Grace period is usually an hour or 2, provided you don't equip it, or use it, split the stacks, etc.

I myself just bought the wrong crew skill item from a crew skill vendor. Almost the same name, difference is, it cost me 20k for what I bought, instead of 2500, and my profession doesn't even use them. If I want to sell them back currently, I will get 2k credits.

Edited by Khri

It wouldn't hurt to have a sell-back to match the identical buy-back already in place. You have one, why not the other. If we can go 'oops I didn't mean to sell that item' why not 'oops I didn't mean to buy that item'. Once you close the vendor, all decisions are final.

Given that you have to click on items to preview and so on, it's not enormously hard to either miss or find that the game thinks you're not holding Ctrl etc. etc. to mis-buy.

In the meantime, be careful, I guess.

Edited by Grammarye

I bought the 99k epic speeder for Tier 5 darkside points.

I was going to buy it anyway so money really lost, however it did mean I had to farm like a madman for the credits to by my T2 speeder skill and bike for 275,000 creds as I was skint!

DOH!