How do u defeat the Iokath sentinels?

RaunchyRancor

I'm trying this mission as we speak. The stomp thing is not horrible, but I can get one down, and one to 50% before they kill me. I summon a probe to pup up there and repair. But, both go back to full health. By the time the second one is down, I am at 10% and the remaining sentinel is abour 80%. He kills me, I rezz again, but now the first one has respawned. Can never get all 3 down. This is BEYOND frustrating. I am going to try the "wlker armor bonus" as someone else suggested, but at this point, it feels like a 2 year old bug should be fixed. Maybe the engineers could wake up and resolve this for us.

I used stomp to get one down, died. Went to the med center and there were only two there. Rinse and repeat. Don’t know if it was a lucky bug for me or not. But going to the mend center got them down.

Edited by mhobin

I used stomp to get one down, died. Went to the med center and there were only two there. Rinse and repeat. Don’t know if it was a lucky bug for me or not. But going to the mend center got them down.

As it happens, with the armor buff, if you stand in the exact center of the 3, and continue to stomp, you will do equal amounts of AoE damage to each simultaneously and drop them all within a few seconds of each other while never dipping below 30% health. Every other weapon on the toolbar is not worth it, and moving away from exact center will actually minimze the AoE damage. It is a cheesy work around at best to simply stand in the center and just stomp, but at least I am finally past the god-forsaken mission and onto the FPs. Thanks for the info though.

Wow this mission is a pain!!

At level 72 and got wiped after killing one.

Read this thread and went back with 2 Sentinels left.

Stood in the middle and just Stomped!

Killed them both but a 3rd Sentinel spawned!

BUT i leveled up to 73 at this point and got back full health!

Continued stomping and killed the last Sentinel.

This mission really needs to be fixed...

• 2 weeks later...
The Stomping tatic worked fine for me. But avoided the aoe, by running out of it. Got killed once, respawed once at the med center, teleported back and killed the last one. Worked on the first attempt. Good luck guys. Also spammed the lasers, while stomp was on cd.

yea, I ran into this last week. Same thing, keep dying and the sentinels kept respawning...no matter if I rezzed there or med center. The stomp did nothing, so I was trying to figure out how to do it with other weapons. Can't be done. After logging and reading online for a bit, it said stomp was supposed to work. So, I tried it again and stomp worked after logging back in. Buggy!

Anyway, that is how I finally got past this. I immediately started stomping one, until the red circles appear, then I ran around avoiding them, and started stomping the same one again when they stopped. Killed two and died. Immediately respawned and healed (got to about 75% before combat started), and killed the last one before the others respawned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm trying this mission as we speak. The stomp thing is not horrible, but I can get one down, and one to 50% before they kill me. I summon a probe to pup up there and repair. But, both go back to full health. By the time the second one is down, I am at 10% and the remaining sentinel is abour 80%. He kills me, I rezz again, but now the first one has respawned. Can never get all 3 down. This is BEYOND frustrating. I am going to try the "wlker armor bonus" as someone else suggested, but at this point, it feels like a 2 year old bug should be fixed. Maybe the engineers could wake up and resolve this for us.

I generally (in the past and successfully on other toons with 6.0) kill one or two, die, rez and kill remaining. This time on smuggler just as #3 is about to die a 4th one spawns. Die, rez (and can't fully heal) and almost get 4th one down when 5th spawns. Gave up. Read forum postings. This AM was able to get it done successfully using a tanking fortitude stim and I bought the walker armor bonus using another toon (as my Smuggler was locked out from getting to the republic base area where the rep vendor is) and mailed. Stood in the center and stomped. When they started rocketing the center I moved out and charged weapons to kill one using the over-charged blasters. Stomped again back in the center to kill the remaining 2 (but with almost no health left).

• 2 weeks later...

I was so mad about this one, kept failing, but I finally figured out that if I stood in between two of them and kept stomping, not moving, just stomping, then I could kill them really fast and then with only one left it was a breeze to complete it.

Oh and this was after resurrecting right on the spot, using the heal while "in stealth", so I only started the fight with about 75% health and I was still able to do it, so with full health this whole fight should be easy enough after all :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm just curious why they keep making these walker related missions. They're annoying, clunky, and pretty much a joke (stomping = win), add to it that they struggle to make it bug free and it's just sad.

Agree, they are not enjoyable, just end up pissing me off. . :mad:

Edited by Ribbonflower

• 4 weeks later...
This mission is a goddam joke. I revived at the medcenter and now have to do the tedious fight allll the way back in this cursed walker. What awful game design. Not enjoyable at all.

Had trouble with this too. Bad scaling or poorly tuned, who knows.

Standing in the center of the three sentinels so Stomp hit all three at once, worked for me. Did not need any boost items or anything. Don't even dodge any attacks. Just spam Stomp and they will die first.

If you happen to fail, just teleport out and re-enter with the "launch chapter" button. It will drop you in the exact center of the room, in the walker, where you can Stomp all three.

Cheesy, but it works.

Why is this so hard to understand for some people? Do they need to create a pinned topic about this because you people are lack of creativity and basic thinking?

You defeat first one, you die, you respawn, defeat second, and so on

This is not a mario game and there is no one going to hold your hand, just think for once perhaps? do strategy in your mind and then apply that plan. See if it works and if not try another one, try and use another walker attack abilities.