Blueheart's PvE Sharpshooter Guide 1.0

Fearheart

I've been playing a pure SS build for both PvP and PvE and haven't really had many issues with it, and I enjoy it quite a bit. A plus side is that it doesn't have a real steep learning curve, so it's pretty fast to pick and and get good at (at least for PvE) without too much practice.

I have been tempted to do a SS/Sab hybrid for quite a while, it looks like a lot of fun with a bit more options, but I've been holding off to wait and see how the numbers play out. Or, at the very least, the addition of training dummies will let me mess around with specs and rotations in an easy environment.

The Cull build looks like a bit more of a "practiced" and complex build to me (could be wrong), and I would say that it might be your best bet if you're looking to practice your spec as you're going, but I don't think it would really work well until level 50 (or mid 40s). You'd either be missing out on too much energy regen or too much damage/abilities.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cull would be more of a raid spec then?

I think I'll go the Hybrid build for now, 23/16/2, and see how that pans out.

As I dont have all my abilities yet I'am still working on a viable rotation, I just need to get comfortable with what I'am doing.

The class doesnt seem to flow with dps, its stagnate at times or maybe its just me and I havent nutted it out fully yet.

Correct about the cull spec. Again, I haven't given it much personal experience, so I'm simply stating what people who *have* tried it are telling me, but it's pretty subpar as a PvP spec. It's more of an enrage-beater in HM ops where your focus is really on just pure DPS. In terms of utility or ease of rotation while learning fights, I find more pure SS builds to fit better.

As far as flow goes, if I understand you correctly I do agree. We have extremely high sustained DPS, but it's sustained in short sets of burst, unlike what most people are used to from a game like WoW. The longer the fight, the more normalized your rotation becomes and it starts to flow together nicely, but if you take a closeup of a small section of any given fights it breaks down into a lot of prep -> burst -> prep -> burst cycles, or so it feels.

I have a Bounty Hunter and the dps seems to flow, no bursts or gaps between anything and I'am always firing something.

As a Gunslinger yeah it seems to be short sharp bursts off this and that, its different but I enjoy it.

I'll give the Hybrid build a go as I like the energy regen from it from what I can see, thanks for the help and guidance :}

Are there any good solo leveling builds/guides for this class? I am currently level 24 and i am struggling a bit with the class. Fighting mobs several levels below me feels like a real chore.

This is my current build

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/smuggler/gunslinger/#::f24ef7ef2e3fef18e:

Imo you are probably at the hardest part as a Gunslinger, both in terms of fun and difficulty. But I would encourage you to stick at it because this class is a lot of fun. Your skills are correctly allocated for SS, although I might be tempted to remove the points in cunning (streetwise) and put them back later, when your base stat is higher. I would recommend getting to Trick Shot asap.

Your next skill points should go into snap shot, it makes charged burst cast instantly when going into cover, which is very nice indeed.

Edited by CrixusBoR

• 3 weeks later...

I love this guide and it helped me alot! From my first glimpse yesterday Id say that nothing big had changed for us.

But Id love to have that "seconded" and if I am wrong (and for sure I am :rolleyes: ) I would really appreciate an update to Patch 1.2

Thanks alot for your efforts and ideas!