Romances

alreadyprepared

So I've returned to swtor after a year and I'm curious about romances. I don't know if something has changed, but I tried to romance Lana, but for some reason, there were no flirt options during the whole KotFE and KotET (except that one where you are interfered by Koth). I had romance with Lana during SoR, but that was before I left swtor for a year. My question is if there is something new about romances, if that depends on influence level or whether is there something else, which i'm missing.

Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Edited by alreadyprepared

You can romance Lana in Fallen Empire. It happens when you get to Odessa, and your mission objective is to relax in the Cantina. You get the choice to flirt Theron, Koth, or Lana to establish your relationship.

There are several (poorly understood) ways to mess it up by making the wrong choices, as well as at least one way to mess it up because of game bugs.

At least in theory, it's possible to make choices (before the cantina scene) that will prevent the romances going forward. For Lana, that probably includes using V's power in all encounters where he offers it combined with lying about it in Chapter IV.

In any event, it's best to flirt with Lana at every opportunity before Chapter IX, which includes at least the ones in the spoiler box:

Chapter III if you save the reactor

Chapter IV in the scene by the pool of water

Chapter V in the scene where Koth interrupts you

Chapter VIII before you go out to meet Heskell

Chapter VIII after the fight with Arcann

The most likely choice to cause problems is, in fact, in the cantina scene in Chapter IX, at what I call the Atrocity Wheel (because it's a dialogue wheel that's part of an atrocity in the field of game-story management):

1. I want to speak with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you.

The exact wording varies according to your class, but the two options are always the same except for the [Flirt] tag. If you are pursuing one of the romances, pick option 2 because it really means:

2. [Flirt] I want to establish a romance with one of you.

It does *not* mean:

2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron.

There's also a bug that affects some people, where the game essentially semi-forgets that you flirted with Lana / Koth.

1. You begin playing through Chapter III of KotFE.

2. You flirt with Lana / Koth.

3. There's a patch. (Not back-end maintenance, but an actual patch where the launcher has to download content.)

4. You continue flirting with Lana / Koth.

5. You reach Chapter IX.

6. Option 2 is missing from the Atrocity Wheel.

Item 3 is the trigger, and item 6 is the bugged result.