Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

Lyralove

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To take a more optimistic view, those were packages offered in conjunction with KOTFE/KOTET and they were at least two years old. It could be that they're preparing to release new ones. Or it could have been that there was an issue between Amazon and EA that needed to be resolved, or that the Battlefront issues carried over.

Does this mean the end is near? :'(

Or... enough people are buying cartel coins and subscription time from the SWTOR site directly that it had become an unnecessary detour to buy it on Amazon. Are we all collectively forgetting we can also buy those things from the Store on this site which is frankly the easiest and direct way? I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the players bought their sub time and cartel coins directly from this site.

Also, do you think SWTOR would enter in a promotional contract with NVIDIA again like they did now if they were shutting down anytime soon? Think, think before you start assuming the worst. What is more likely? The devs invested a lot of resources, time and money into new soft and hardware for server merges to shut down the game a few months later? It is more likely the devs are silent because they are working on the as of yet unofficially confirmed expansion rather than that they are shutting down.

Again, think before resorting to doomsaying.

Edited by Ylliarus

One of these days, these threads will be right, then they can come out and say "See, I told you so. I saw it coming months ago" Even if no-one will be here to hear it. Yay.

The only reason why doomsaying posts are made. But rational thinking and reasonable logic? Sorry, you won't find them here except in replies such as yours or mine.

Or... enough people are buying cartel coins and subscription time from the SWTOR site directly that it had become an unnecessary detour to buy it on Amazon. Are we all collectively forgetting we can also buy those things from the Store on this site which is frankly the easiest and direct way? I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the players bought their sub time and cartel coins directly from this site.

Also, do you think SWTOR would enter in a promotional contract with NVIDIA again like they did now if they were shutting down anytime soon? Think, think before you start assuming the worst. What is more likely? The devs invested a lot of resources, time and money into new soft and hardware for server merges to shut down the game a few months later? It is more likely the devs are silent because they are working on the as of yet unofficially confirmed expansion rather than that they are shutting down.

Again, think before resorting to doomsaying.

Sush, Logic doesn't exist on the forums, all that can be posted are doom and gloom, and "The sky is falling!" :p

Maybe could be related to recent exploit? Bioware pulling digital codes for sub from 3rd party retailers so in the future (or maybe there is another exploit going on now?) they'll have easier time tracking down exploiters if they are stupid enough to use same credits cards on their fake accounts to sub.

Familiar people I know do the 60 Day paid cards on Amazon including myself. Most of this sites pages have 'Not Secure' .Amazon is fully secure. Back in the day a few of my guild mates had their accounts hijacked, the ones that had their card on file were really in deep bantha doo doo. If they want the only way to play this game be through this website then best of luck to them with that I'll have nothing to do with it. Edited by HuaRya

Personally the only reason I ever used digital cards vs. the swtor site was to get the pets. The pets have been the same for a LOOOONG time, so it doesn't matter now. To add to this though--I'm no longer seeing cards (digital or otherwise) at Target either, and the only one listed at Best Buy now is a 2400cc one. I'm assuming that 2400 BB one was an oversight and it will disappear too.

I hope they are not being pulled back to Origin or this site only. I stopped purchasing directly from here after the first time couple times I had issues. I have stuck to digital and physical time cards from Amazon for my sub for a long while now. This may spell the end for me if they only option is to direct purchase from here.

To take a more optimistic view, those were packages offered in conjunction with KOTFE/KOTET and they were at least two years old. It could be that they're preparing to release new ones.

I'm going to hope this is exactly what it means. Maybe next month we'll start seeing cards with Chiss on em :)

WTB Explanation.

Amazon seems to have pulled all the KOTFE/KOTET digital sales - Cartel Coins, game time cards etc...they still sell the physical and generic SWTOR game cards, but it seems like everything that had Valkorian or Arcaan pictured has been pulled.

Theories include (but are not limited to):

• Game is shutting down (proof being digital codes are gone)

• New expansion is coming soon (new artwork instead of 2-year old Eternal Throne crap)

I'm betting on the second...maybe not an expansion, but something other than KOTET for marketing.

Edited by TUXs

Amazon seems to have pulled all the KOTFE/KOTET digital sales - Cartel Coins, game time cards etc...they still sell the physical and generic SWTOR game cards, but it seems like everything that had Valkorian or Arcaan pictured has been pulled.

Theories include (but are not limited to):

• Game is shutting down (proof being digital codes are gone)

• New expansion is coming soon (new artwork instead of 2-year old Eternal Throne crap)

I'm betting on the second...maybe not an expansion, but something other than KOTET for marketing.

I think you're right. There are still "things" on the roadmap and now there's this little promotion with NVidia, which would be silly to do if the game were closing.

I think you're right. There are still "things" on the roadmap and now there's this little promotion with NVidia, which would be silly to do if the game were closing.

Agreed. Seeing NVIDIA mention the games existence is rare...I haven't seen them mention SWTOR since launch.