Low Population By Design

Halofax

I am now convinced this game PURPOSELY has low population servers.

I mean look at the facts:

1. Launched with more servers than WoW has now with an eighth (at least) as many subscribers.

2. Developers bragging openly about a lack of griefing and quest mob stealing.

3. Complete and utter silence regarding any form of merge/transfer systems.

Just look at it this way. The less people are on your server, the more it feels like you are the main character, which is EXACTLY what the point of this game is as an mmo.

I mean, they went so far as to have Gabe say in the live stream that Heroic Moments are designed to let a companion help you on hard mode flashpoints.

HARD MODE FLASHPOINTS.

I mean, when the entire premise is to let you TWO MAN a HARD MODE FLASHPOINT, how are we supposed to assume the developers intend to have more than 50 people anywhere at any time?

I for one could care less if the servers are giant, but they need to get cross server stuff in quick, because I have personally seen people quitting because they consider the servers to be "dead'.

Just my two cents, take them or leave them.

I mean, they went so far as to have Gabe say in the live stream that Heroic Moments are designed to let a companion help you on hard mode flashpoints.

HARD MODE FLASHPOINTS.

I mean, when the entire premise is to let you TWO MAN a HARD MODE FLASHPOINT

You really know what you are talking about. Especially with the heroic moment which is a) on a 20 minute Cooldown and b) regenerates about 200-300 health per Tick.

All heroic moment is good for is to give you a boost against your class-quest end bosses, and it does the job just fine.

You really are talking yourself into rage about something, that does not exist in game. There currently is not one single hard mode flashpoint which can be solved by 2 entry-geared ( Rating 118 gear, crafted ) people. Some hardmode operations raiders with full Rakata gear or what it is called may be able to do so with full pimped out companions, but then on the other hand: Who cares?

So what is your point? Not using your brain much lately?

Yes, there is a fundemantel design flaw inherent in the low server populations. Bioware DID screw up. But once they will have the numbers, I am in favour of Bioware being able to repair things ( i.e. Server merge, transfers, etc. ). Just give em time. Cancel your sub and come back in 3 months, if it is that bad for you.

Edited by Vangguard