Meeting up with friends from Sith and Jedi?

Afezeria

Hi there~

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried to use the search option but the forums have so many posts, it just ended up picking up everything! xD

I've got a friend who I'm trying to play with (we both purchased the game at the same time) but shes a Jedi, and I'm a Sith.

Is there a way to meet up with her to play together? Being by myself sucks, when I bought this game to play with someone else.

I'm hoping its not level 25 when you get your ship? I'm currently level 11. Is there a quicker way other then this? The games really fun so far, but. :confused:

Thanks a lot for the help!

To answer your first question, unfortunately no, there's no way for Republic and Empire characters to play together, even on the same server. The quests and even planetary layouts are specific to each faction. About the only time Republic and Empire characters are on the same "field" together is in the PvP games and open PvP areas.

Wow, really? That totally sucks. D: That gets my hopes down. Oh well, I guess one of us has to start over onto the same side.

Even in RP servers you cant meet up? That seems so silly, because then you'd only be able to Roleplay with other Sith. Jedi and Sith meeting up is fun to see their reactions, gotta admit that. Seems like if there was a glass wall between them there would be no war at all! xD

Well, awesome game otherwise. But honestly, sometimes.

Thanks for your help though.

Wow, really? That totally sucks. D: That gets my hopes down. Oh well, I guess one of us has to start over onto the same side.

Even in RP servers you cant meet up? That seems so silly, because then you'd only be able to Roleplay with other Sith. Jedi and Sith meeting up is fun to see their reactions, gotta admit that. Seems like if there was a glass wall between them there would be no war at all! xD

Well, awesome game otherwise. But honestly, sometimes.

Thanks for your help though.

It makes even less sense on a RP server. The Sith and Jedi hate, HATE, each other. Well, the Sith hate the Jedi, the Jedi see them as an absolute threat to freedom and civilization. They have been at war, in one form or the other, for thousands of years, and the Empire and Republic are nations that just spent a decade in a brutal war ended only by a treaty signed through an act of terrorism and mass murder.

The "peace" between them is fragile at best and crumbling in the time period that the game takes place. They are not meant to be able to party up or do things together -- they are meant to kill each other. There's no glass wall between them, Empire and Republic players can interact in a single meaningful way: they can kill each other. Which is how it should be.

• 7 years later...
Funny, I literally just ran into a Sith Assassin player on my Jedi Knight character. :D

When those people were discussing this *SEVEN*YEARS*AGO*, what they meant was that although you can physically encounter player characters on the other side (only on "shared" planets), you cannot group up with them, adventure together, do the same missions together, etc. You can talk to them in the in-game chat *if* you use /say.

That's it. But well done for unearthing a topic that had been dead for seven years.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, frostyzxaga said:

So I can find jedi on neutral worlds??

Nice Necro.

Yes you can.  Like on Odessen and other daily areas you will run into them.  Now with the changes of 7.0, you can select the Jedi Knight story but choose a Sith Assassin as combat style.  This is why you can see opposite factions on normally exclusive parts of the game i.e. fleet and all vanilla story areas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2012 at 8:48 AM, jsalemi said:

To answer your first question, unfortunately no, there's no way for Republic and Empire characters to play together, even on the same server. The quests and even planetary layouts are specific to each faction. About the only time Republic and Empire characters are on the same "field" together is in the PvP games and open PvP areas.

IIRC the Promenade/cantina sections on Nar Shadaa can be accessed by both factions.

12 hours ago, Milolan said:

IIRC the Promenade/cantina sections on Nar Shadaa can be accessed by both factions.

True, but not really relevant to the original discussion, which was about Empire-side characters playing with Republic-side characters.  You still can't group up there, nor go on missions together.