[Armstech] - SO SO USELESS NOW

WillHolmes

Comon BW your always fixing and changing around the crew skills how about giving armstech something decent to make it a much more valid end game or proffitable skill to have. i have over 1500 ultrachrome just sitting around for prices to go up or something to craft with them that will actually sell more then 3 lvl 50 guns a week.

Comon BW your always fixing and changing around the crew skills how about giving armstech something decent to make it a much more valid end game or proffitable skill to have. i have over 1500 ultrachrome just sitting around for prices to go up or something to craft with them that will actually sell more then 3 lvl 50 guns a week.

LoL i have a lot of utlrachrome sitting there too, so uesless. i wish they got rid of the slicing requirements atleast for augments. i dont touch armstech at all anymore..no ones buying the augmented orange weapons anymore.

It has always been the least useful crafting skill. Lets do a quick run down of what's available at Max Level. (Note: I'm not including Companion or Leveling crafting because all skills can do that, though arms falls behind here for the same reasons)

Armormech - able to craft 6 slots for 50% of the available classes. 2 BiS items w/ Belt and Bracers as early drops in HM EC. Primary Attribute and Tank augments

Artifice - able to craft crystals, enhancements and relics usable by every class in game. Mainhand for 50% of classes once HM EC is on farm.

Biochem - able to craft stims and adrenals. REQUIRED for end game raiders. Also implants for every class in game

Cybertech - able to craft armoring, mods and earpiece for every class in game

Synth - same as Armor

Armstech - available endgame crafting - Secondary Attribute DPS augments. Mainhand for 50% of classes once HM EC is on farm. ZERO schematics from operations.

Armstech is SO FAR BEHIND other skills, it may be the least balanced aspect of the entire game.

Edited by Wapakguy

I'm going to chime in as a serious Armstech wanting some love. I support my guildies during leveling, but the only endgame-useful stuff I can make is augments and augged orange weapons. (I hope to RE some Campaign swag in the near future, but I'm still on Story Mode EC.)

We're also the only crafting profession that doesn't craft anything exclusive to itself. Biochem has reusable stims, adrenals, and medpacks, Cybertech has reusable grenades, Armormech and Synthweaving can craft Rakata wrist and waist pieces, and Artifice can craft Rakata relics. Armstech can't make anything that can't be bought from them.

I'm going to chime in as a serious Armstech wanting some love. I support my guildies during leveling, but the only endgame-useful stuff I can make is augments and augged orange weapons. (I hope to RE some Campaign swag in the near future, but I'm still on Story Mode EC.)

We're also the only crafting profession that doesn't craft anything exclusive to itself. Biochem has reusable stims, adrenals, and medpacks, Cybertech has reusable grenades, Armormech and Synthweaving can craft Rakata wrist and waist pieces, and Artifice can craft Rakata relics. Armstech can't make anything that can't be bought from them.

I too am going to be trying to craft campaign main hand but the item is currently only dropped from the hardest boss in the game I only have 1 chance a week to get it. And because crafting is lower priority than actually equipping the raiders I'll need to wait 8 wks before having a 20% CHANCE to learn the schematic.

in 1.3 you can make augment kits for weapons, and are the ONLY ones with the ability to do so, or so ive heard

my understanding is augment kits are not limited to item types. so all three crafters that can make kits can put them on weapons or anything else.

my understanding is augment kits are not limited to item types. so all three crafters that can make kits can put them on weapons or anything else.

The present state on the PTS favors Armor and Synth over Arms. Armor/Synth can craft 1 kit for 20 metal and 20 compound. Armstech costs 60 metal and 40 compounds. Meaning the kits are 250% more expensive to create for Armstechs.

So the problem with r.e-ing campain and rakata is not that it will take forever but its worth nothing, all you get it an empty orange schematic so basically useless noone is going to pay more then 10k for a weapon skin and augmented its worth the same as elegant modified cause its JUST AN EMPTY ORANGE.

IT SUCKS still have ultrachrome on super farm tho since i get 4 for 4k and one day they will be worth 7-10k if were lucky

Hey would one of you get on the Jedi Covenant server and put some orange shotguns on the GTN? I been looking for one of those FOREVER!!! ...and wouldn't think twice about throwing down 100k even for a non-aug version.

Doc is a favorite companion for MANY Jedi and his offhand is hard to find.

Wait can armstechs make moddable shotguns? ...if so, man you guys are missing a market.

Hey would one of you get on the Jedi Covenant server and put some orange shotguns on the GTN? I been looking for one of those FOREVER!!! ...and wouldn't think twice about throwing down 100k even for a non-aug version.

Doc is a favorite companion for MANY Jedi and his offhand is hard to find.

Wait can armstechs make moddable shotguns? ...if so, man you guys are missing a market.

No, we can not....

You need to be asking for moddable shotgun schematics then...

Moddable shotguns would equate to moddable offhands. Not a horrible idea, but not one that will make really make Armstech pop though. It would be a good upgrade for Arms and Artifice (the other offhand crafter) though.

TBH, I'm only QQing and not really asking for anything. I'm not a system developer (well IRL I actually am, but not this system) I don't really know what to ask for beyond targeted consideration of improving Armstech as a profession. Arms in general seems to "feel" DPS focused. Based on that, suggestions within the existing system would be:

- moving the grenades from cyber to arms where they make more sense.

- Moving DPS adrenals from bio to arms with the animation being adjusting the scope, adding special ammo or brightening a blade instead of injecting a steriod.

- maybe the skill and aim augments should be here too, while will and str augments go to artifice

These are all rob peter to pay paul scenarios which mean they suck, but it's a place to start thinking.

Edited by Wapakguy

they need to add some incentive for armstech and have some sort of benefit only to people who have armstech..i dunno add a +80 stat to your weapon for example for 2 hours, like a stim, something, ANYTHING! it sucks so hard right now. and i just read that post about the augment kits costing more to make as armstech?...what..the...

Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher

"Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread."

So thats from the moderators so my main question is

SO WHY THE **** HAVENT U DONE ANYTHING CAN YOU NOT TAKE A BLOODY HINT LOL

they need to add some incentive for armstech and have some sort of benefit only to people who have armstech..i dunno add a +80 stat to your weapon for example for 2 hours, like a stim, something, ANYTHING! it sucks so hard right now. and i just read that post about the augment kits costing more to make as armstech?...what..the...

I LOVE THAT

call them Cylinder Chargers and for artifice *str, will* call them focus enhancers

SO BALLIN

youde think they would let them make ofhand rakatta off hand weapons (ie knife shotgun ect) very strange if they dont.

Few reasons thats perfect.

Off-hand (currently unmoddble)

1 Off-hand ~ 2 relics ~ Wrist/Brace

So works out perfect its just 1 with stats of 10 instead of 2 peices with 5 stats.