LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

Transairion

Just logged in expecting a little note about "once per day" around the flashpoints.

Oh no, now it's got the one-off symbol. So you can now only do a certain FP once per week.

At least my guild didn't invade those planets, thank goodness for that.

Edit: Just checked, there's now only TWO to FOUR repeatable PvE objectives total. All the others are now one-off!

Edited by Transairion

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont do PvP, nor do I do GSF, yet I will still EASILY be able to hit the 35k mark in the 5 days or so the event runs

.......... so?

Good luck conquering a planet with about 10 once-per-week objectives at 1000 a pop.

Just invading a PvP planet gets 1000 for showing up, discounting everything else.

This exploit fix was like doing surgery with a sledgehammer.

I couldn't do the 250 kills on Balmorra on multiple characters - I can only assume that this (flashpoint once a week) is therefore also a legacy wide thing.

Man, two weeks of whining (first, commander farming, and now flashpoint farming) has leeched the fun out of doing conquests REAL fast.

EDIT: yep. It's now once per LEGACY that you can do the flashpoint. Unbelievable.

Edited by ghoul_drool

I couldn't do the 250 kills on Balmorra on multiple characters - I can only assume that this (flashpoint once a week) is therefore also a legacy wide thing.

Man, two weeks of whining (first, commander farming, and now flashpoint farming) has leeched the fun out of doing conquests REAL fast.

EDIT: yep. It's now once per LEGACY that you can do the flashpoint. Unbelievable.

Just zerg WZs with your guildies and go afk. You'll earn points fast and, if enough pvp'ers complain by this, BW might review things... Who knows...

Good luck conquering a planet with about 10 once-per-week objectives at 1000 a pop.

Just invading a PvP planet gets 1000 for showing up, discounting everything else.

Why did your guild invade a x2 PvP planet if you didn't intend to do PvP?

Wait, the change only effects the conquest rewards, correct? Otherwise flashpoints have not changed. In the past you could farm FPs like BT/Esseles for light or dark points, and the Foundry for mats. Has that now changed?

That is correct

Bioware does this a lot. first they release a big new system after a long wait and big fanfare. then they nerf the rewards into oblivion so almost no one does them any more. they did it with seeker droids...now they have decided that conquest will be majority pvp content. following gsf which is all pvp content.....waiting to see if 3.0 will be pvp content.

That is correct

Ok, I was worried that one couldn't do Flashpoints outside of groupfinder multiple times any longer. There are many reasons to run them multiple times, including grinding alignment points. Changing them to once per day or week would have effected much more than just conquest rewards.

Good on Bioware for adjusting these rewards. You're supposed to be fighting other guilds for control of these planets. It makes sense that you would get more out of a pvp/gsf match where you are doing just that, fighting other guilds, rather than farming level 10 mobs on Black Talon or Esseles. Remember your competing against actual players on the leaderboards, not npcs.

Good on Bioware for adjusting these rewards. You're supposed to be fighting other guilds for control of these planets. It makes sense that you would get more out of a pvp/gsf match where you are doing just that, fighting other guilds, rather than farming level 10 mobs on Black Talon or Esseles. Remember your competing against actual players on the leaderboards, not npcs.

You are so badly and so sadly mistaken about what the conquests are about. You are supposed to grind, grind, grind, grind some more and then grind a bit more. No "fighting other guilds", unless you consider fighting to mean seeing who has more grinders and can grind more.

This patch is absolutely absurd and gives a hugely unfair advantage to PVPers and PVP guilds. They can infinitely repeat doing warzones/ GSF matches, so it only makes sense to be able to infinitely repeat flashpoints. I thought part of the point was that there would be a variety of ways people could earn points with conquest, and this flies in the face of that. I hardly ever post on the forums, but this has me incensed enough to actually feel like I have to say something. I'm not LOLing as the thread name implies, imagine more like the Cathar roar social ability snarling/growl-type thing. I'll give BW the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time, but this is utterly absurd. Seems like Bioware has completely lost their minds and maybe actually listened to the QQIng of PVPers once again... perhaps whoever there had the horrible idea to do this could use a Gibbs-type smack upside the head.

I also have to agree with one of the other threads about this that makes the point of how completely unfair it is to change the objective points/ "scoring" halfway through the week. Guilds chose planets based on the rewards as they were at the beginning of the week, and people planned what they would be doing accordingly. I'm happy to grind out content for conquest rewards and I do PVP somtimes, but I'm not about to grind PVP when all the PVP guilds will be doing the same with premades.

My first comment in my guild chat upon logging in and confirming that the patch was as bad as the notes made it sound was basically "what the frack". That pretty much sums it up.

Well, for people on a PvE server playing against other players kind of defeats that purpose.:p

Seriously? People must be really bad at math if they think PvP is somehow giving more points post change.

If you didn't invade the one PvP planet a warzone is 500 points for 15-20 minutes time investment depending on the queue time.

GSF of course has more objectives tied to it, but it also has longer queue times and often longer matches.

But Crinn! PvP objectives are repeatable!

Well yes that's true, but you have to factor in the amount of game time available to a player in a day. Even though most of PvE objectives are once a day or single time, the average player doesn't have enough gametime is exhaust every single PvE objective. Thus a PvP'er with the same average daily gametime has roughly the same point earning potential. The only way this would be false is if people have around 6 hours or more of daily game time, something that most people don't.

Oh and crafting is still repeatable.

the amount of one shot PVE objecvtives is a bit nuts. right now there's no way for a player to hit the weekly cap on a single char without enaging in PVP, without factoring in planetary invasion bonuses. sure maybe thats intended but boy it sucks for people in small shipless guilds who just wanna hit their personal objectives, BW if you're going to do this you need to give more PVE objectives. stop catering to the PVPers, they make a TINY portion of your player base

only the war supplies is, not the invasion force. and crafting is a net drain on resoruces, which does limit the viability of relying on it.

If I could actually DO something with those war supplies it wouldn't be so bad to craft them. Right now, all they are good for is making invasion force, which then subsequently goes into a Dark Project MK-1, which in itself is only moderately useful... unless you have a guild ship, that is.

Dear devs, please fin a way where we can use the crafted war supplies as some sort of currency because right now, they're simply sitting in my cargo hold until you do.

Yea.. PVP and GSF prepare for a swarm of AFKr's.. LOL

This conquest content just took a turn for the crapper... oh well. Time to play less again as BW attempts to fix yet another knee jerk reaction.

Remind me.. WHY did they need extra months to deploy this? Oh yea QA! Oh wait... they did QA? Really? LOL :eek:

Edited by dscount