Crew Skill Missions Failing Significantly More Often

YetiSwarm

I've been noticing low-mid level crew skill missions (so far tested archeology and treasure hunting) are failing significantly more often, even if they're grey stuff you've been running for months with barely any issues. This may be a bug, but it seems like a nerf to crew skills that I haven't heard about yet. Anyone know which? Is it part of the big middle finger to crafters that is 6.0?

I've been noticing low-mid level crew skill missions (so far tested archeology and treasure hunting) are failing significantly more often, even if they're grey stuff you've been running for months with barely any issues. This may be a bug, but it seems like a nerf to crew skills that I haven't heard about yet. Anyone know which? Is it part of the big middle finger to crafters that is 6.0?

congratulations, you've found the hidden "gem" to crafting changes.... not only were difficulties raised, but the failure rate for all difficulties was ALSO raised..... oh and fun fact, failure rates are flat percentages that are checked FIRST

so the logic flow is:

roll for failure

if not failure, roll for crit

which means your critical rate for running a missions is actually (critical_rate - failure_rate)

• 2 weeks later...

it seems the critical chance for crafting has also changed even though the information in the window has not changed.

With the crafting window showing me a companion has a 78% chance to crit I am seeing something closer to a 20-25% chance. Since we have to do a lot more crafting to actually craft something it stands out. It is odd hos Bioware made crafting much more work for a game that is a shell of it's former self. Backwards thinking.

it seems the critical chance for crafting has also changed even though the information in the window has not changed.

With the crafting window showing me a companion has a 78% chance to crit I am seeing something closer to a 20-25% chance. Since we have to do a lot more crafting to actually craft something it stands out. It is odd hos Bioware made crafting much more work for a game that is a shell of it's former self. Backwards thinking.

Crafting window crit and efficiency display numbers have been various kinds of wrong since 5.10 dropped...

The Max you should be able to crit (not including Amps) is 53% for Crafting, and 50% for everything else....

sources of crew skill crit are:

Companion Level * 0.5% (rounded down to nearest whole percent): Max 25%

Subscriber Bonus: +10% for Orange difficulty, +15% for al others (not displayed)

Legacy Crafting Bonus: +3% Max, crafting only

Guild Set Bonus: Fortune set gives 2%

Guild Perk (static): various +crit bonuses, Max +3%

Guild Perk (Skill): +5% while active, checked at crew skill completion

Those are the ones that affect Base Rate....

Amps are NOT added to base rate, they are applied AFTER base rate is applied, and max out at 13.5%

Failure Rate is a completely separate roll, so you will want to discard them when calculating your critical rate for crew skill missions. (Critical rate is only checked IF you don't fail)

The Max you should be able to crit (not including Amps) is 53% for Crafting, and 50% for everything else....

sources of crew skill crit are:

Companion Level * 0.5% (rounded down to nearest whole percent): Max 25%

Subscriber Bonus: +10% for Orange difficulty, +15% for al others (not displayed)

Legacy Crafting Bonus: +3% Max, crafting only

Guild Set Bonus: Fortune set gives 2%

Guild Perk (static): various +crit bonuses, Max +3%

Guild Perk (Skill): +5% while active, checked at crew skill completion

Those are the ones that affect Base Rate....

Amps are NOT added to base rate, they are applied AFTER base rate is applied, and max out at 13.5%

Do you have a source for these numbers? I would be very interested to dig a bit more into them.

Has anyone tested the mission / mission specific + % success amplifiers (on mods - such as +1.5% slicing success or +0.75% mission success)?

If I recall - the failure chances were 0% for grey, 1% for green, 10% for yellow, and 15% for orange, though it appears those have changed as I have failed grey missions post 6.0.

Just wondering if the mission success amplifiers are fully maxed, if it is possible to push failure for most mission back to zero.

Knowing Bioware, they increased the failure chance and coded the amplifiers to only reduce the chance of failure as a percentage of the failure rate such that a.1.5% success amplifier only reduced the failure rate itself by 1.5%.

Edited by DawnAskham

Do you have a source for these numbers? I would be very interested to dig a bit more into them.

Companion bonuses were told to us in some dev post after the change to glabal bonuses (and the rounding beg discovered by testing)

Hidden Subscriber Bonus is (IIRC) what used to be the base crit rates before F2P

Legacy and Guild bonuses are listed in t heir description

All the Above have been tested by multiple people on the forums, myself included. you can check them too by plugging in the above values as they apply to you (and use it to figure out the base time for missions and crafts if you're plucky)

Amp Bonuses for efficiency have also been tested by me against known base times (such at the 4hr Invasion force base craft time)

I haven't seen any numbers posted for how success/critical amps work yet, and only recently got a set to test with so it'll be a bit before I figure those out... when I do, I'll post it so others can check my numbers.

6.0 made crafting not profitable at all. It also makes it too expensive just to gear your own legacy characters. I loved crafting, now I'm meh not worth it.

• 3 weeks later...