Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

kodrac
09.11.2018 , 07:37 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
...... then you should let the game be completely. If you can create a char and even mark the romances etc. Why then play? I'm in favor of skipping Kotfe + Kotet. But then people should also live with what is given to them.
What?
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

kodrac
09.11.2018 , 07:44 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You asked why anyone would want to create an insta60..
No I didn't. I asked why the studio made the insta 60s without options for previous character choices. What a waste.
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Haruen
09.11.2018 , 09:56 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
This would also be perfect for the level cap tokens (Master's Datacron). I discovered too late that when creating an alt to level cap with the token, it locks you out of all romance options and other character defining choices. It almost felt like a punishment for wanting to save myself a ton of time levelling a new toon up from 1 to 70. Had I known this beforehand, I probably wouldn't have spent the CC and would have just asked my wife level up the toon (unlike me, she loves levelling toons, and has 16 characters compared to my 5).
Master's Datacron let's you run all story. If you don't wan to do the content, just don't do it. You both want and don't want story? Don't understand what you're wanting/expecting here.

Mournblood
09.11.2018 , 10:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Haruen View Post
Master's Datacron let's you run all story. If you don't wan to do the content, just don't do it. You both want and don't want story? Don't understand what you're wanting/expecting here.
I should have clarified that I used the free level 60 character slot, which essentially auto-completes your class story, then I used the datacron (because I hate levelling) to get that toon the rest of the way to 70. At the end of it all, I was locked out of the important choices that help differentiate the character, in particular, romance options. In hindsight, I should have just used the datacron I guess so that I could go back and play through his class story for things like his love interest.

My point was to support the idea of giving us another mechanism for making key decisions in our character's story.
Mourne, Founder

IanArgent
09.11.2018 , 11:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
I should have clarified that I used the free level 60 character slot, which essentially auto-completes your class story, then I used the datacron (because I hate levelling) to get that toon the rest of the way to 70. At the end of it all, I was locked out of the important choices that help differentiate the character, in particular, romance options. In hindsight, I should have just used the datacron I guess so that I could go back and play through his class story for things like his love interest.

My point was to support the idea of giving us another mechanism for making key decisions in our character's story.
Using the Master's Datacron to skip those 10 levels seems an extravagant use of CCs (your own or someone else's). Admittedly, I own a suit of the Fast Level armor that was a DvL reward, but still...
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Mournblood
09.11.2018 , 11:55 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Using the Master's Datacron to skip those 10 levels seems an extravagant use of CCs (your own or someone else's). Admittedly, I own a suit of the Fast Level armor that was a DvL reward, but still...
I had purchased it a while back, but ended up never using it. Since it was just gathering dust in my bank, and my time is valuable to me, it was an obvious choice.
Mourne, Founder

DarthCasus
09.11.2018 , 11:03 PM | #37
Would love if Eric could even pop in for a second and say if he's at least heard a whisper about this sort of option
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

denavin
09.12.2018 , 01:26 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
No I didn't. I asked why the studio made the insta 60s without options for previous character choices. What a waste.
The insta 60 was created so that you could quickly jump into KOTFE if you did not have a character high enough to play or if you did not want to risk your main characters yet. That is the only reason it was created. You were tolled that you would get NOTHING and would have no chance to get ANYTHING from your class missions or anything else. As far as I know it is still the same you get a level 60 character with NOTHING>..... Want a character with the whole story and everything done?.... Then Start One at Level "1".....Enjoy.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

fabsus
09.12.2018 , 02:20 AM | #39
i don't support that wish, because choices should matter!
but i do understand you, but let me explain my position.

when i started playing swtor, i was forced to play the class story. of course this was entertaining,
but starting the game, my first goal was, to reach max level. so during this time, i would skip
the story, for a faster leveling. but all these class stories built a positiv view on swtor, because they
did the extra mile, writing this different stories, each class, with differences by your choices.
but yes! i was thankfull for getting the option to skip all that with a simple token and the most
chars i have are made with these.
but if i would start right now, i don't know if there would be any incentive, to play the story even once.

so there are only small incentives to play the story and maybe enjoy it. of course they are much
higher with the classic story, then the new storylines.

it is the same with kotfe and kotet. at the first time i enjoyed playing the new story,
the second time it was okay, too. and i really can understand, that you get bored, playing
it on and on; me too. and at first, i hated it, to be forced playing it so often, just to unlock
the eternal championship, when it was released with the special competition. so i'm totally with you,
that skipping story is a great thing, for player with some more toons.

but even here, i would not want the possibility to pick up the raisins of the story,
without playing it. this would downgrade the story, because playing it, you maybe
would not choose a option just to get a romance or a companion. so there should be a
small disadvantage for them, using the fast and easy way. i did that a lot and i'm fine with that.

but of course, i can understand your position.
but again...

if i could skip makeb, to unlock every h2 mission, i would do so.
if i could skip yavin 4, to unlock it, i would do so, too.
and at the end i would have skipped everything, just to use the
mmo-part of the game, not knowing, that there are great storylines
in the game, what would change my mind towards the game itself.

and because of this, i'm against a free choice with skipping everything.
the choice to skip the story should really matter. and the way they did
that now, is fine (for me).
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

kodrac
09.12.2018 , 07:24 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
The insta 60 was created so that you could quickly jump into KOTFE if you did not have a character high enough to play or if you did not want to risk your main characters yet. That is the only reason it was created. You were tolled that you would get NOTHING and would have no chance to get ANYTHING from your class missions or anything else. As far as I know it is still the same you get a level 60 character with NOTHING>..... Want a character with the whole story and everything done?.... Then Start One at Level "1".....Enjoy.
Really? I had no idea... Congrats on missing the point of the suggestion, Captain Obvious.