Weak to Fire

acholin

Things off the top of my head...

All mobs hit harder in all content in 6.0

Sin tank lost the MASSIVE DR on force speed which worked on all damage types

And kinda related, companions heal less so damage feels even higher.

In 6.0 a sin tank will be getting slapped harder but idk about something special for elemental damage.

Armor damage reduction was reduced in 6.0 but that doesn't affect elemental/internal damage.

If you are using your damage log you can compare hits to older content while taking into mind hp differences.

Edited by Gyronamics

You can catch into EACH armor mod/piece one of

1. general damage reduction upto 0.5%

2. tech damages reduction 1.5%( or 2 max...)

3. force damages reduction 1.5%( or 2 max...)

4. dots reduction.

So you need to play random on your tank to balance all that as you like. However it remains weaker then it was but with bigger damage. So now, unlike full 258 on 5, you need to use defensive cds.

Things off the top of my head...

All mobs hit harder in all content in 6.0

Sin tank lost the MASSIVE DR on force speed which worked on all damage types

And kinda related, companions heal less so damage feels even higher.

In 6.0 a sin tank will be getting slapped harder but idk about something special for elemental damage.

Armor damage reduction was reduced in 6.0 but that doesn't affect elemental/internal damage.

If you are using your damage log you can compare hits to older content while taking into mind hp differences.

I don't think it is elemental damage across the board. I think it is fire. Companion healing is irrelevant as we are talking operations. It is not something I can document with logs, as I don't keep logs very long. They tend to fill up my computer.

What I have noticed is, while in Dxun operation, I can handle everything up to the 3rd boss fight. One of the trandoshans uses a fire attack and it almost one shots me. I can survive it with a cool down...once. I would think fire would be similar to acid, which Red casts. The acid hurts, but is no big deal when you have a decent healer. The same boss can be fairly easily tanked by a Jug. Mind you, I am wearing 306 set bonus gear complete with new augments. The Jug is wearing 296 unaugmented gear.

Are we to assume amplifiers are required for story mode ops? I could see them being necessary for HM or NiM, but story?

Edited by acholin

They're not necessary for any mode of anything.

Devs have said they are pure bonus on top of our gear for the content (you might also say they are a massive credit sink and still be correct).

I think you should try operations forum and see how other assassin tanks handle boss 3.

Edited by Gyronamics

What I have noticed is, while in Dxun operation, I can handle everything up to the 3rd boss fight. One of the trandoshans uses a fire attack and it almost one shots me. I can survive it with a cool down...once.

Is that Greus? Don't stand still in front of him, you have to keep moving and when he does his big attack just go to the side or behind him. I can take him for the full fight as a dps sin in HM doing just that.