Mace Windu vs Galen Marek

BrandonSM

Galen is the perfect example of terrible EU writing. He's freakin' Goku and goes Super Saiyan with the most exaggerated and ridiculous powers from moving Star Destroyers to vaporizing people with force lightning.

He could own anyone in canon. Even Luke with no trouble at all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galen is the perfect example of terrible EU writing. He's freakin' Goku and goes Super Saiyan with the most exaggerated and ridiculous powers from moving Star Destroyers to vaporizing people with force lightning.

He could own anyone in canon. Even Luke with no trouble at all.

You haven't read the Dark Empire series have you?

You haven't read the Dark Empire series have you?

I think it's canon that Starkiller is the most powerful Force User of all time, but yeah. Later EU Luke would destroy him.

Power does not equal expertise.

I think it's canon that Starkiller is the most powerful Force User of all time, but yeah. Later EU Luke would destroy him.

Power does not equal expertise.

No. Galen had potential to be one of the strongest but he never achieved that potential. That being said, Anakin was said to have the potential to be the most powerful force user but he never achieved that potential either. According to Lucas Luke could reach that potential and if you go by the novels. I'd say that potential was realized. Luke has demonstrated quite a bit more power than Galen has. Everything Galen has shown EU Luke has trumped in sheer power.

Not to mention Sidious "out powered." Galen as well. Galen was about equal to Vader. Which is extremely impressive but yeah. Not the most powerful.

No. Galen had potential to be one of the strongest but he never achieved that potential. That being said, Anakin was said to have the potential to be the most powerful force user but he never achieved that potential either. According to Lucas Luke could reach that potential and if you go by the novels. I'd say that potential was realized. Luke has demonstrated quite a bit more power than Galen has. Everything Galen has shown EU Luke has trumped in sheer power.

Not to mention Sidious "out powered." Galen as well. Galen was about equal to Vader. Which is extremely impressive but yeah. Not the most powerful.

Erm.... Don't you mean "yes"? Because that's pretty much exactly what I said.

Given time, Marek might have become the most talented Force User in the SW universe, but as it is everything he did was uncontrolled.

Notice how, as Galen becomes stronger through each FU game, his Force attacks become bigger? Way more damaging, yes, but the most obvious effect was that they become exponentially larger. Just imagine the power a fourty year old Galen could have condensed into a single bolt of Force Lightning.

Erm.... Don't you mean "yes"? Because that's pretty much exactly what I said.

Given time, Marek might have become the most talented Force User in the SW universe, but as it is everything he did was uncontrolled.

Notice how, as Galen becomes stronger through each FU game, his Force attacks become bigger? Way more damaging, yes, but the most obvious effect was that they become exponentially larger. Just imagine the power a fourty year old Galen could have condensed into a single bolt of Force Lightning.

I said no because you asked if he is the most powerful. Luke had the same potential as his father and he realized that potential. Most powerful goes to him :p. Basically, I disagreed with your wording. Is being present tense.

I said no because you asked if he is the most powerful. Luke had the same potential as his father and he realized that potential. Most powerful goes to him :p. Basically, I disagreed with your wording. Is being present tense.

Present is a bit.... Iffy when we're talking about fictional, long-running universes.

Nevertheless, I stand by "is" even when compaired to later EU Luke. I think. It depends on what exactly we're talking about.

Edit: IE, if we're talking about base power in the Force, and peak potential, I believe Galen is the strongest Force User of all time.

Edited by Velaran

Present is a bit.... Iffy when we're talking about fictional, long-running universes.

Nevertheless, I stand by "is" even when compaired to later EU Luke. I think. It depends on what exactly we're talking about.

Edit: IE, if we're talking about base power in the Force, and peak potential, I believe Galen is the strongest Force User of all time.

Again, I disagree. Luke had the same potential as his father who was the chosen one. Look at Luke from ANH compared to his strength in Dark Empire.

Look at Galen's power. Galen Marek was trained since childhood and most of that was under the harsh tutelage of Darth Vader. Despite this Luke, within a few short years, eclipses Galen Marek in power and ability. Starting his training at a very late age mind you. Galen was killed by Sidious in an old body. Luke fought Sidious in a body in it's physical prime and a much more powerful incarnation. This sidious was able to move faster than Leia could physically see. Despite this, Luke cut off his hand. Luke was able to withstand Sidious' Force Storm which could devastate Starfleets and even re-direct it.

I really don't see a correlation here. Luke had far less training. Luke started way later. And within some years of said training completely surpasses Marek. Luke even had him beat in raw power. Not long after Dark Empire he was able to tear down an entire citadel on a whim and re-build it entirely with ease. He could create an illusion of an entire starfleet which he admitted after was far more difficult than moving a Star Destroyer. He manipulated a small black hole with the force.

Luke had the same potential as his father who was created FROM the force. I know Anakin didn't display such power but he was more focused on himself than his training. Which Obi Wan admits in AOTC.

Edited by Rhyltran

Again, I disagree. Luke had the same potential as his father who was the chosen one. Look at Luke from ANH compared to his strength in Dark Empire.

Look at Galen's power. Galen Marek was trained since childhood and most of that was under the harsh tutelage of Darth Vader. Despite this Luke, within a few short years, eclipses Galen Marek in power and ability. Starting his training at a very late age mind you. Galen was killed by Sidious in an old body. Luke fought Sidious in a body in it's physical prime and a much more powerful incarnation. This sidious was able to move faster than Leia could physically see. Despite this, Luke cut off his hand. Luke was able to withstand Sidious' Force Storm which could devastate Starfleets and even re-direct it.

I really don't see a correlation here. Luke had far less training. Luke started way later. And within some years of said training completely surpasses Marek. Luke even had him beat in raw power. Not long after Dark Empire he was able to tear down an entire citadel on a whim and re-build it entirely with ease. He could create an illusion of an entire starfleet which he admitted after was far more difficult than moving a Star Destroyer. He manipulated a small black hole with the force.

Luke had the same potential as his father who was created FROM the force. I know Anakin didn't display such power but he was more focused on himself than his training. Which Obi Wan admits in AOTC.

YMMV. I get the feeling that if Vader (or, well, someone, because God knows Vader wouldn't have) had trained Marek to his full potential (especially on the more spiritual and mental side of the Force) he would have at least equaled Luke in power.

It's like the difference between a dull blade and a sharp blade. Luke is the sharp blade, honed to perfection over years on a grindstone. Galen is the dull blade, battered from the start, and never properly cared for. Something something something super-sharp katana.

Sorry, but i'm a bit tired for a good analogy tonight.