2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Kishekzun able to clip ravage exactly .002 or .003 seconds after the last tick every single time? Looking at his log, I can't touch his APM because of that.

Every jugg / guardian clips (or should clip ^^) master strike that way, just keep on trying to get the good time :)

How is Kishekzun able to clip ravage exactly .002 or .003 seconds after the last tick every single time? Looking at his log, I can't touch his APM because of that.

The simple answer is that he's parsed so much that it's engraved in his muscle memory.

Every jugg / guardian clips (or should clip ^^) master strike that way, just keep on trying to get the good time :)

I understand how the clipping works. Looking at your #1 parse Elitran, some of your clips are .2 seconds after the last tick. Some are faster. That seems reasonable and is what I usually see. But somehow Kishekzun is clipping at .002 or .003 every single time. That's 2 or 3 thousandths of a second. Not tenths or hundredths. Doesn't seem possible to me.

Edited by Ssaffin

I understand how the clipping works. Looking at your #1 parse Elitran, some of your clips are .2 seconds after the last tick. Some are faster. That seems reasonable and is what I usually see. But somehow Kishekzun is clipping at .002 or .003 every single time. That's 2 or 3 thousandths of a second. Not tenths or hundredths. Doesn't seem possible to me.

I personnally know him, and as Falver said, I can tell he's done so many parses, I bet he perfectly knows the time (much more than me ^^).

Actually i was looking a bit at that parse http://www.torparse.com/a/576826/time/1391527538/1391527799/0/Overview and noticing some flaws (in my opinion):

16:27:54.975 Kishekzun activates Blade Storm.

16:28:03.968 Kishekzun activates Blade Storm

That's less then the 9 seconds cooldown on Blade Storm

16:25:39.393 Kishekzun activates Force Leap.

16:25:40.876 Kishekzun activates Master Strike.

That's less then 1,5 seconds gcd (he may have alacrity in his gear, i don't find an amr Profile)

I don't know anything about the reaction timer of swtor combat logs.

Personally i have never seen abilitys being activated faster then their actual cooldown (like Bladestorm in that parse), would be nice if someone more experienced looks over it, as i could easily have overseen a lot.

Claimed - Gunslinger - Hybrid - 7/16/23 - 4'42.847s

http://www.torparse.com/a/576926/time/1391532346/1391532628/0/Overview

Flyby nerf hurts. A lot.

I did couple of tries at PTS on sun these were my best doing like 4-5 parses per sec:

http://www.torparse.com/a/575505/20/0/Damage+Dealt 3628 hybrid

http://www.torparse.com/a/575425/10/0/Damage+Dealt 3542 MM

http://www.torparse.com/a/575477/3/0/Damage+Dealt 3687 Leth

Actually i was looking a bit at that parse http://www.torparse.com/a/576826/time/1391527538/1391527799/0/Overview and noticing some flaws (in my opinion):

That's less then 1,5 seconds gcd (he may have alacrity in his gear, i don't find an amr Profile)

I don't know anything about the reaction timer of swtor combat logs.

Personally i have never seen abilitys being activated faster then their actual cooldown (like Bladestorm in that parse), would be nice if someone more experienced looks over it, as i could easily have overseen a lot.

Weird, i doubt anyone would waste their time adjusting a parse for such a small difference, its probably either Torparse, or combat logging issue, not sure honestly

Indeed, that's 8.993 s, not 9s.

That's less then 1,5 seconds gcd (he may have alacrity in his gear, i don't find an amr Profile).

= 1.483s

Looking for weird things in parses, ok, but 8.993s instead of 9s ....

In my own parse :

20:34:22.191 Elitran activates Saut de Force.

20:34:23.673 Elitran activates Frappe experte.

That's not 1.5s gcd, I get 1.482s, no alacrity.

And I can swear I never edited my log to get a free 0.018s for my opening... lol

Edited by LongHornTx

Indeed, that's 8.993 s, not 9s.

= 1.483s

Looking for weird things in parses, ok, but 8.993s instead of 9s ....

In my own parse :

That's not 1.5s gcd, I get 1.482s, no alacrity.

And I can swear I never edited my log to get a free 0.018s for my opening... lol

I looked at all the abilities that were casted around the time when master strikes was clipped (as someone was stating something about that being very fast) and i looked at the very beginning of the parse.

I don't really know any explanation for that, it was just something that i was recognizing (e.g 8,993 instead of > 9 seconds).

i Don't know why you are doing that. It is my fault if you can't play a guardian ? Is it my fault if you have the reaction time of a 80 years old person ? No. Im playing my class since 2 years, i know him by heart, doing maybe 2 hours of dummy each days to plays this class like that.

If you want to do that, just kilss thousands and thousands dummies and it will be fine. But don't insinuate that im a cheater because you can't play that class !!:mad:

The simple answer is that he's parsed so much that it's engraved in his muscle memory.

I'm sorry, but that's not normal. No amount of muscle memory can produce results like that. The slightest lag or ability delay would throw it off by hundredths of a second.

Even looking at his previous parse currently on the leaderboard (the two of these being mysteriously in two different languages) it is clear that the ability is interrupted as fast as the system can possibly process it. There's a tick inbetween the cancellation and the loss of Unremitting, etc.

This 'player' cancels Master strike a single tick after the last hit, without exception. You cannot tell me with a straight face that this is legit.

Edited by idnewton

I'm sorry, but that's not normal. No amount of muscle memory can produce results like that. The slightest lag or ability delay would throw it off by hundredths of a second.

Even looking at his previous parse currently on the leaderboard (the two of these being mysteriously in two different languages) it is clear that the ability is interrupted as fast as the system can possibly process it. There's a tick inbetween the cancellation and the loss of Unremitting, etc.

This 'player' cancels Master strike a single tick after the last hit, without exception. You cannot tell me with a straight face that this is legit.

Then I ask you of the contrapositive, if the parse is not legitimate, then it is fake. In which case, can you tell me with a straight face that someone would edit every time stamp of their parse to do what? Fit in an extra attack?

Then I ask you of the contrapositive, if the parse is not legitimate, then it is fake. In which case, can you tell me with a straight face that someone would edit every time stamp of their parse to do what? Fit in an extra attack?

Sure, if that's the only other option you can think of. Someone with an elementary understanding of coding could put together a program to add or subtract time to/from every event after a certain time, it wouldn't be that hard. Either that, or more likely some kind of computer program to automatically interrupt it right as it hits.

The parser doesn't update every hundredth of a second, it updates about every second or two. The question then, is whether that delay is from the parser client or from the combat log generation. In either case, one could theoretically write a program to constantly check if Master Strike has been activated yet (it has its own line in the log, as I'm sure you know). If it finds it to be activated, it can simply activate the next ability X seconds after the activation, however long that happens to be.

In conclusion, no, I can't. On the contrary I'd rather just come up with a rational alternative.

Come on the guy is just the best of his class since before the 2.0, all his parses are legit, he just know what he's doing, and parse very often like all the posters of this thread.

I know the man and believe me he's got the sense of Rhythm, and maybe 12ms of server lag maximum.

IMO it's a well deserved buff to this class.:)

he's got the sense of Rhythm,

I'd agree, that's the point. If server lag doesn't change in the exact 2,7 secs from Master Strike avtivation until the next button to be pressed (and that's pretty unlikely) all you have to do is to know exactly when to press the next button. You just always do it in the exact same time interval. That's exactly what a good drummer does and he can get even more precise than the 0.002 secs you listed. As this is not done as a reaction to an outside "event" triggering it (and of course reaction times like that to an outside trigger would be impossible) but a sense of rhythm just practiced to perfection so your fingers themselves have an "internal" clock.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo