Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


MagicTerror's Avatar


MagicTerror
03.08.2021 , 04:38 PM | #10141
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Whatever Irating the healer had was fine, provided he knew what he was doing. Which thankfully was the case, of course, that didn't stopped the tank from lecturing everyone how someone under 306 was "making everyone's job's harder". Put him on ignore after that, I have no need of gatekeeping elitists in my PUGs.
Honestly I'm sick of extreme gatekeeping like this, they think that because it's sooo easy to get to 306 now that there must be something wrong with you as a player if you aren't there.

My raid team had to kick a healer for this general attitude: That content they went through is so easy to them, so if someone screws up and wipes on it they must be brain-damaged. So you can guess how every post-wipe regroup felt.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
03.09.2021 , 09:10 AM | #10142
Most people have done Veteran mode Athiss many times, and those that haven't usually just follow along with the group.

Also, most of us know the "standard" way of doing Athiss**. However, last night I again ran into a tank that basically had 'their' way of doing Athiss. This guy was an LoS monster. Not only did he try to los 'everything', but even groups that no one ever even attacks.

The group consisted of 1 tank and 3 dps. The tank was level 74 (I think) and the other DPS were 64 & 74. (Also, the other DPS were both new to the FP) This, of course meant that I, as a level 75, iRating 306, was taking most of the damage (most threat?) and was constantly being left out to dry while this tank tried to pull stuff around various corners.

We hadn't even gotten to the Beast yet, but I already died for the third time. I was going to tell the tank to stop typing "stack here" in chat and do the FP in the normal way, but I was in a 'mood' and I confess I simply left the group. (Joined a Korriban GF group 3 mins later. 🙂 )

The point of this is to yet again say to some Tanks out there, that:
1. Veteran FPs can, and more often than not, are done without a tank. (I've done Athiss VM solo as a dps with a healer companion. 99% of the time it's 4 DPS.)
2. Don't join a Vet FP and think you are in control of the FP. In MM, this may often be the case, but not in VM. In VM you need to at least try to fit in with the group.
3. LOS, while a good strat in various cases, is not needed for every freakin' mob. Simply gathering the mobs up in the normal place(s) is just fine.

** There are of course, some variations to doing Athiss VM. Such as, whether to jump up on that 'ledge', and which NPCs to 'mez' if the group has a character with a stun, whether to tank the Beast at the wall or down the steps, etc.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
03.09.2021 , 08:42 PM | #10143
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Had a Battle of Ilum run on Pubside, tank kept complaining that our healer wasn't geared in 306... at first I don't mind that much since the healer admitted he had just returned so he probably should be doing an even easier flashpoint to get his rotation right again. So I'm fine with kicking them and taking another healer, again not a 306 healer and the tank keeps complaining about it. While I understand certain flashpoints would require higher Irating... this is Ilum. Whatever Irating the healer had was fine, provided he knew what he was doing. Which thankfully was the case, of course, that didn't stopped the tank from lecturing everyone how someone under 306 was "making everyone's job's harder". Put him on ignore after that, I have no need of gatekeeping elitists in my PUGs.
hot take:

constant complaining is harder to do than popping def cds properly
RiP Forum

eabevella's Avatar


eabevella
03.09.2021 , 09:48 PM | #10144
Got an interesting Red Reaper last night.
3DPS and a Tank. The tank greeted us and fast run at the beginning so I began to move.
A dps said he's new. He's lv56, the others are lv75. It should be a piece of cake.
After the first lift, the tank said los and put a mark behind the wall.
The new guy was walking slow, not yet reaching the lift, so the tank pulled.
The other dps didn't los, was dead because of it.
The tank kicked the dps right away saying he's terrible. Dps left on their own, angry.
I thought it's a bit over dramatic, the tank was probably going to be real harsh to the new guy.
But he reassured the new dps "there's a difference between a noob and being bad" and was actually nice to him?
Like, he didn't say anything when the new guy ran right into the two turrets in front of the droid boss (many people losing their **** about that) or when the new guy was slow. We even did some small chat on the rest of the FP and generally had a good run even though it's not that much of a "fast run".

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
03.09.2021 , 10:27 PM | #10145
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
Got an interesting Red Reaper last night.
3DPS and a Tank. The tank greeted us and fast run at the beginning so I began to move.
A dps said he's new. He's lv56, the others are lv75. It should be a piece of cake.
After the first lift, the tank said los and put a mark behind the wall.
The new guy was walking slow, not yet reaching the lift, so the tank pulled.
The other dps didn't los, was dead because of it.
The tank kicked the dps right away saying he's terrible. Dps left on their own, angry.
I thought it's a bit over dramatic, the tank was probably going to be real harsh to the new guy.
But he reassured the new dps "there's a difference between a noob and being bad" and was actually nice to him?
Like, he didn't say anything when the new guy ran right into the two turrets in front of the droid boss (many people losing their **** about that) or when the new guy was slow. We even did some small chat on the rest of the FP and generally had a good run even though it's not that much of a "fast run".
1 was kicked, 1 left, 1 tank, 1 you, 1 newbie....
if i add up thats 5....
or do you mean the kicked guy left before the timer expired?
RiP Forum

bgstranger's Avatar


bgstranger
03.10.2021 , 01:11 AM | #10146
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
3. LOS, while a good strat in various cases, is not needed for every freakin' mob. Simply gathering the mobs up in the normal place(s) is just fine.
I've always found it funny how most people LoS the regular trash dogs in Mando raiders I mean, they will jump instantly on the person who pull them, no need to hide behind walls. Even worst - someone will attack before that and spread them instead of stack them. Same goes for every melee trash pulls.
Some tanks doing it even more wrong - pulls and hide 3-4 corners back, so now we have a mob at every corner

eabevella's Avatar


eabevella
03.10.2021 , 03:26 AM | #10147
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
1 was kicked, 1 left, 1 tank, 1 you, 1 newbie....
if i add up thats 5....
or do you mean the kicked guy left before the timer expired?
The one who's kicked logged out before the count down.
So it's the tank, me, the newbie, and the tank's comp.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
03.10.2021 , 07:59 AM | #10148
Quote: Originally Posted by bgstranger View Post
Some tanks doing it even more wrong - pulls and hide 3-4 corners back, so now we have a mob at every corner
Yes. There's sort of an LOS inflation happening. For example, in Hammer Station. In the early days, the 'tank' if there was one, would simply attack the first mobs and bundle them up where they were. Then people started LOS'ing them at the first corner. Now it's moved back to the second corner. Then the other day, a tank was even trying to go even further back. Why? Who knows. Perhaps it's a sort of a "to appear expert, you must LOS" sort of thing.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Wolvel's Avatar


Wolvel
03.14.2021 , 10:45 AM | #10149
Finally have one to add to this thread


Ran into a tank last night in hammer station. He ran ahead of the group in stealth and agro'd ALL of the mobs before 1st boss. They couldn't shoot him because they couldn't target him because he was in stealth.

I don't think you understand me. He was in stealth, agroing more mobs, they where trying to shoot im and all they could do is stand 0.0 meters on top of him as he agro'd more.

I've played this game for ~6 years. I have never seen anything like that before. I think it was noclip (i remember people in ranked getting banned for it)

Thankfully I was a Cut to Pieces Vengence jugg and it was hammer station vet mode so we could kill some of it, run away to the kolto stations (I could click on one and intercede back up) and we could clear the mobs he pulled.

Finally we cleared the mobs and had a second before he agro'd a new wave of hell and we kicked him. He then proceeded to harass me in whispers for the next 15-20 minutes about how I was not a good enough DPS to kill the mobs legit and how much of a p***y I was for running and using the tunnel and kolto stations.

eabevella's Avatar


eabevella
03.14.2021 , 10:41 PM | #10150
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvel View Post
Finally have one to add to this thread


Ran into a tank last night in hammer station. He ran ahead of the group in stealth and agro'd ALL of the mobs before 1st boss. They couldn't shoot him because they couldn't target him because he was in stealth.

I don't think you understand me. He was in stealth, agroing more mobs, they where trying to shoot im and all they could do is stand 0.0 meters on top of him as he agro'd more.

I've played this game for ~6 years. I have never seen anything like that before. I think it was noclip (i remember people in ranked getting banned for it)

Thankfully I was a Cut to Pieces Vengence jugg and it was hammer station vet mode so we could kill some of it, run away to the kolto stations (I could click on one and intercede back up) and we could clear the mobs he pulled.

Finally we cleared the mobs and had a second before he agro'd a new wave of hell and we kicked him. He then proceeded to harass me in whispers for the next 15-20 minutes about how I was not a good enough DPS to kill the mobs legit and how much of a p***y I was for running and using the tunnel and kolto stations.
The selfish ignorant bad-at-gaming *****s in HS.
A tank of lv75. Simply said "run" when a lv27 player just logged in the game.
I sighed "one of those *********** idiot runner" and typed "you mean run to the droid, right?", hoping the tank realize there is a lv27 player in our group.

The tank ran just as I pressed enter. Nothing explained.
Who the **** knows what do you mean by run as a new player?
I ran and hoped the lv27 catch up because I don't want to *********** die because of a *********** selfish player.
Lv27 thought we're going to attack (like normal people) and leap at an enemy, got aggro and died even though he did caught up fast and try to run along.
I typed "this tend to kill low levels (if the tank is being a *********** jerk)".
The lv27 said what the **** and left angrily (understandable).
We finished the FP with no problem (ofc with a lv50 comp *roll eyes*) but that kind of players are the *********** worst.