Smaller assault cannons

Floplag

One of the reasons I dont play Commando as a Merc main is the idea of carrying a small house on my back, give us some smaller options or more realistic size if possible and i might be tempted to try again :)

I'm not sure what "realistic" means in the context of a cross between a heavy machine gun and a light autocannon.

But if you look through the Collections interface, you can preview the various types of Assault Cannon, and find some skinny ones:

* Imperial E-1 Enforcer's

* Defiant Technographer's

* Grantek F11-D

* Breyar's MK-3 (which is also *short*, with a top-mounted magazine like a Bren gun)

* Resolute Guerilla's (less skinny than the Breyar's, but still short)

* Ordtech F-7 (very long, but skinny)

* EL-34 Rotary Plasma Cannon (very long, skinny)

* SL-34 Rotary Plasma Cannon (looks almost identical to the EL-34)

* DA-AC1 (bulky in the middle, skinny ends)

and short ones:

* Kyber (not skinny at all, Death Star dish in front)

* Interstellar Regulator's (various types), less bulky than the Kyber

* Various skinny ones noted above

The Iokath and GEMINI command crate cannons look a lot like the Interstellar Regulator's series cannons.

I'm not sure what "realistic" means in the context of a cross between a heavy machine gun and a light autocannon.

But if you look through the Collections interface, you can preview the various types of Assault Cannon, and find some skinny ones:

* Imperial E-1 Enforcer's

* Defiant Technographer's

* Grantek F11-D

* Breyar's MK-3 (which is also *short*, with a top-mounted magazine like a Bren gun)

* Resolute Guerilla's (less skinny than the Breyar's, but still short)

* Ordtech F-7 (very long, but skinny)

* EL-34 Rotary Plasma Cannon (very long, skinny)

* SL-34 Rotary Plasma Cannon (looks almost identical to the EL-34)

* DA-AC1 (bulky in the middle, skinny ends)

and short ones:

* Kyber (not skinny at all, Death Star dish in front)

* Interstellar Regulator's (various types), less bulky than the Kyber

* Various skinny ones noted above

The Iokath and GEMINI command crate cannons look a lot like the Interstellar Regulator's series cannons.

Thank you for the feedback, and i assure you ive gone thru the collections, the GTN, anything i can think of to find something i can stand, and ive failed.

Its going to vary person to person of course, i simply find most of them far too large for my tastes. There are a couple of exceptions, but then they are ugly as hades :)

I would prefer to use a rifle, but thats not an option.

What can i say, im picky, lol

• 1 month later...

I feel you 100%. I don't run a commando because of the assault canons. Especially in star wars when people who are considered commandos do not carry giant canons with them. It not only looks silly but actively gets in the way of the commando doing their job.

Definition of a commando: a military unit trained and organized as shock troops especially for hit-and-run raids into enemy territory.

Running around with an assault cannon will not aid you in hit and run raids. Especially when one of your specs is to be a literal medic, this makes no sense. Commandos are supposed to be versatile troops who conduct special operations, assault canons are not versatile weapons, yes they have fire power but conducting ops that commandos would be sent to are more then just firepower. They really should allow blaster rifle to be used with all commando abilities. The sniper can equip a blaster rifle and still do some damage. Need to infiltrate a enemy stronghold covertly you are not bringing and assault cannon. This is even true in star wars. ARC troopers (Advanced Recon Commandos) are not seen carrying this weapon because it does not help with their mission. Republic commandos literally use a smaller assault rifle with carious firing modes for you guessed it versatility. The idea that these troops carry around these guns on top of guns weapon platforms makes no sense.