Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A female Jedi padawan named Kira was supposed to be in Lucas' 7-9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
A female Jedi padawan named Kira was supposed to be in Lucas' 7-9

phalczen
09.23.2019 , 06:35 PM | #1
Source: https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...low-his-plots/

So, apparently Lucas had this idea for Luke to reluctantly train a female padawan named Kira.
Quote:
Disney’s sequel trilogy ultimately incorporated ideas that resembled Lucas’: Lucas once envisioned a female Jedi Padawan, “Kira” — eventually materialized as Daisy Ridley’s Rey — and an aged and exiled Luke Skywalker, played by a returning Mark Hamill. The story between an in-training Rey and reluctant teacher Luke in Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi was inspired in part by Lucas’ original concepts, with the “Jedi Killer” character imagined by Lucas earlier being realized as The Force Awakens villain Kylo Ren (Adam Driver).
Now, Bioware was working on SWTOR long before Disney even bought Lucasfilm. And, if recent threads are to be believed, had a vision for KOTOR 3 before it sort of became the JK class story and then KOTFE/KOTET of SWTOR.

But the Jedi Knight player character does sort of reluctantly take on Kira Carsen.

Coincidence? What are the chances that concept of Kira was given to BW because they [Lucasfilm] already decided they were going in a different direction than GL's original plan? What if Rey was Rey partly because the name Kira was taken down the soon-to-be-Legends pipeline?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.