New Hypergate Hack/Exploit

CaptianFordo

So this is something I sent a ticket on, but BEWARE:

I went against Imperials (I won't name them, because they know who they are and will probably show up later in the thread) who were capping on hypergate exactly right after the explosion. They would somehow beat the timer on the respawn to cap the node exactly the very second we finally get out of the barrier. I'm going to fraps them this time now that I have the software. They would do this to cap before we had a chance each round and shut us down while were in spawn. Pretty crappy.

I'll add this for extra emphasis.

What you're saying here is pretty much the same as saying that if you could use legitimate abilities to "push" or "teleport" through a spawn lockout door in voidstar or novare coast, or somehow manage to spawn directly at the node you are defending in alderaan (or possibly the end-point of the speeder to mid), even though no battle rezz is being used, that should not be considered an exploit... The warzone Ancient Hypergate has without any reasonable doubt been designed with the intent that you HAVE to start from spawn or mid after each explosion, so that both teams will have to travel the same distance to reach their goal. Saying working arround this design is not an exploit, is just unreasonable.

That being said, it is simply redicilous that bioware didn't think this through before implementing it, because of how obvious this loophole is.

Edited by CaptianFordo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went against Imps who were capping on hypergate during the explosion (they were out in the middle of the yellow destruction field capping the node while we were in respawn). That's supposed to insta kill, right? Well it wasn't. I'm going to fraps them this time now that I have the software. They would do this to cap before we had a chance each round and shut us down while were in spawn. Pretty crappy.

Didn't you hear? Imperial Scientists have created a Shield that is resistant to 99.9% of explosions.

Gotta say '99.9%' incase someone ends up dieng.

I went against Imps who were capping on hypergate during the explosion (they were out in the middle of the yellow destruction field capping the node while we were in respawn). That's supposed to insta kill, right? Well it wasn't. I'm going to fraps them this time now that I have the software. They would do this to cap before we had a chance each round and shut us down while were in spawn. Pretty crappy.

Wow...I hope this gets fixed/reported and players banned. How pathetic...how worthless...this kinda behavior should be insta ban with absolutely no 2nd chance.

i played against you and did this to you today. just battle rez'd after explosion was over, not hacking.

GJ.... now EVERYONE is gonna be doing it... :D

Probably considered an exploit to some degree... I would bet $ it's not working as intended and just an oversight by the devs.

However... not a hack. Just a simple mechanics failure overlooked by BW I'm sure.

You can't battle rez on the node.

Nice try. You get kicked to the platform. Now we know who's responsible. QUICK! Edit your post before BioWare sees it. ;)

You misread him. He receive a battle rez, like the ones that Sorcerers learn at lvl 50 which allow you to respawn where the caster rezzing you was. If you wait the pylons to blast before rezzing this way...

Do anyone has tested to mitigate the blast damage with Undying Rage ? I wonder what will happen.

Edited by Altheran

An exploit is an exploit.

dont see how its an exploit, battle rez is an ability which has been usable in pvp since the game came out. just because you and the rest of your team fail to use it to your advantage doesn't mean other teams have to stoop to your level of fail

dont see how its an exploit, battle rez is an ability which has been usable in pvp since the game came out. just because you and the rest of your team fail to use it to your advantage doesn't mean other teams have to stoop to your level of fail

That's very funny because I'm watching members of your guild do it. So keep the 'holier then thou' preachings away, because they are participating in this.

You misread him. He receive a battle rez, like the ones that Sorcerers learn at lvl 50 which allow you to respawn where the caster rezzing you was. If you wait the pylons to blast before rezzing this way...

To clarify, the strategy is this:

1. Go near a pylon

2. Die.

3. Receive a battle rez

4. Wait until after the explosion passes you to click it (pretty sure you have 10 minute timer on a battle rez)

5. Cap node before enemy team can approach

6. Kill yourself for being such a cheeseball.

(step 6 is optional and for honorable players only)

Do anyone has tested to mitigate the blast damage with Undying Rage ? I wonder what will happen.

Probably the same thing that happens when you are thrown into the Voidstar pit when you have Undying Rage.