EC extra bombers

So ran EC story mode today. Took 5 attempts to down kephess due to additional bombers spawning during the third and final burn on the walker. Each time the additional bomber appeared it went right for the nearest healer and consequently wiped the raid.

I would like to know if anyone else has seen this happen, and what the cause of it might be? I did try more then one search on the subject and came up empty. thank you for your time.

So ran EC story mode today. Took 5 attempts to down kephess due to additional bombers spawning during the third and final burn on the walker. Each time the additional bomber appeared it went right for the nearest healer and consequently wiped the raid.

I would like to know if anyone else has seen this happen, and what the cause of it might be? I did try more then one search on the subject and came up empty. thank you for your time.

Usually only get 2nd spawns if you fail to kill the 1st one in time. Sounds like a bug to me. Never seen it personally.

Yep its happened to us quite a few times. Infact bombers are a reason for a lot of our wipes these days :p sometimes one extra spawns that needs tank to grab asap or insta-CC or it'll fire a rocket at your healer.

Another bug we've had is where the 3rd bomber just doesn't spawn at all.

Not found any work around for the extra bomber bug, my advise is that now you're aware of it, have a CC such as sorc whirlwhind ready to cast incase he spawns. The bomber will then explode while still CCd not harming anyone.

the extra bombers is due to the fact that when you kill the bomber at the same time it explodes, it does this weird simultaneous thing that it gives a bomb to one of the raid members and send a "fail to kill" signal to the server to spawn another one

it usually happens when boss comes down for us

i usually tell the dps to stop being lazy and kill it, that will solve it

Usually only get 2nd spawns if you fail to kill the 1st one in time. Sounds like a bug to me. Never seen it personally.

They spawn in certain intervalls and stop doing so once the walker is destroyed.

The reason for the extra bomber is simply that the walker didn't die fast enough.

okay a fair number of responses so far. However none of the replies seem to fit the situation i saw.

I shall elaborate on what i saw.

We kill the third bomber with 5ish seconds to spare, bomb carrier goes up and gets pulled back, burn commences. Walker is somewhere between 30% and 20% at start of this final burn. Kephess comes down tank picks him up. About halfway through the burn the additional bomber pops up and 2-3 shots the healer he picks. Total time between the kill of previous bomber and the new one somewhere in the 20-40 sec range.

Now i know the bombers come out pretty quick at the end if you miss one entirely but we are getting the bombers pretty quickly unless its the way far away door for the spawn even then it doesn't time out usually.

okay a fair number of responses so far. However none of the replies seem to fit the situation i saw.

I shall elaborate on what i saw.

We kill the third bomber with 5ish seconds to spare, bomb carrier goes up and gets pulled back, burn commences. Walker is somewhere between 30% and 20% at start of this final burn. Kephess comes down tank picks him up. About halfway through the burn the additional bomber pops up and 2-3 shots the healer he picks. Total time between the kill of previous bomber and the new one somewhere in the 20-40 sec range.

Now i know the bombers come out pretty quick at the end if you miss one entirely but we are getting the bombers pretty quickly unless its the way far away door for the spawn even then it doesn't time out usually.

This happened to us this week with one notable exception: we didn't wipe, because the second tank picked up the extra bomber, pulled him off to a corner, and let him explode. Trivially dealt with.