Suggestions for a gaming laptop

AureliaSulis

I am looking for a recommendation for a new gaming computer.

I’d prefer a laptop as it has to wear many ‘hats’ as I am also a writer and a university student, so the machine needs to be portable.

Clearly it needs to be able to easily run games like SW-TOR without needing to adjust graphics right down, but most importantly it needs to have a decent cooling system as I live in regional Australia and summers here can get quite warm and taxing on computers.

I’m open to suggestions, as I’ll be looking to buy towards the end of this year.

I am looking for a recommendation for a new gaming computer.

I’d prefer a laptop as it has to wear many ‘hats’ as I am also a writer and a university student, so the machine needs to be portable.

Clearly it needs to be able to easily run games like SW-TOR without needing to adjust graphics right down, but most importantly it needs to have a decent cooling system as I live in regional Australia and summers here can get quite warm and taxing on computers.

I’m open to suggestions, as I’ll be looking to buy towards the end of this year.

Is weight an issue? Is resolution an issue? Do you play other games (if so, what)? These are things that need to be addressed.

That being stated, I highly recommend looking at MSi. They make some amazing systems (some even very "portable") at reasonable prices. And don't worry, whatever you find that you like for gaming will work more than adequately for your writing. :t_wink:

Edited by AlienEyeTX