[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

Onyxus

All the dark council members know what the emperor is planning to do thanaton told them in exchange for the darth title.

Imperial Agent spoilers

If you sided with jadus he tells you he knows of the emperor plans and is leaving to prepare for it and he gives you his power and authority while he is is away.

Thanaton told them about the Children Of The Emperor, NOT the Emperor's plan concerning the destruction of all life in the Galaxy. Also...

Even though Jadus know of the Emperor's plans, he doesn't share them with you.

Not quite, the sith warrior has the option to tell Marr that the Emperor's hand has confirmed with him that the Emperor is dead in body (Voice) but not in spirit and that he will return when he has recovered his strength.

And yet again misinformation prevails, as Darkondo had the chance to rectify... It would be really freaking awesome if people played most of the storylines in the game, instead of spewing random BS, concerning the fate of some characters, without knowing all the facts.

When the Emperor eventually returns and becomes a boss in an operation or something, I'll expect everyone who was silly enough to think that Bioware would throw away such character, to bow and ask forgiveness a 1000x, especially since it only goes to show they're clueless when it comes to writing.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet again misinformation prevails, as Darkondo had the chance to rectify... It would be really freaking awesome if people played most of the storylines in the game, instead of spewing random BS, concerning the fate of some characters, without knowing all the facts.

When the Emperor eventually returns and becomes a boss in an operation or something, I'll expect everyone who was silly enough to think that Bioware would throw away such character, to bow and ask forgiveness a 1000x, especially since it only goes to show they're clueless when it comes to writing.

It sounded like Darkondo played the Sith Warior story. If not, then he/she should. It lays out where the Emperor has been, and what has happened to him. As I remember it, the Emperor does have a body, but he takes over other bodies to prevent his death.

He must be alive, much like Revan was kept alive. That is speculation. Either way, the Emperor is returning, if BW decides to make that expansion.

this is a complicated subject. altho its tru not really anyone knows his plan as stated its possible he may alter his plans later. I mean he doesn't really gain much destroying the galaxy.... and im sure his hand knows of his goals as they are connected to him. now idk bout the wrath.... it would be interesting him takin down the emperor eventually and claiming the throne for himself but it would also be cool him being a loyal servant and the emperor realizing perhaps killing all life isn't the smartest of plans. the game is definitely set up for either outcome. as the wrath we are literally one step away from being emperor. but we don't have a powerbase yet so I doubt any of this will occur any time soon.

this is a complicated subject. altho its tru not really anyone knows his plan as stated its possible he may alter his plans later. I mean he doesn't really gain much destroying the galaxy.... and im sure his hand knows of his goals as they are connected to him. now idk bout the wrath.... it would be interesting him takin down the emperor eventually and claiming the throne for himself but it would also be cool him being a loyal servant and the emperor realizing perhaps killing all life isn't the smartest of plans. the game is definitely set up for either outcome. as the wrath we are literally one step away from being emperor. but we don't have a powerbase yet so I doubt any of this will occur any time soon.

His plan makes perfect sense. Seriously, did you even pay attention to the storyline?

IMO to ask why Empire follows Emperor is like asking why fish lives in the water. Serving the Emperor is the only reason why Empire exists. From what I understand from the history I've read, Empire probably wouldn't exist today or definitely wouldn't be anywhere close to it's strenght if he didn't lead them when they escaped after the great hyperspace war. I think Empire isn't classic state as we know it from the real world. I think it's more like the Emperor owns everything and everybody in it.

Thanaton told them about the Children Of The Emperor, NOT the Emperor's plan concerning the destruction of all life in the Galaxy. Also...

Even though Jadus know of the Emperor's plans, he doesn't share them with you.

If they bring the Emperor back, they basically screw over the JK storyline. A storyline they never should've done in a MMO for one class, but it still screws it over.

Everyone to JK: You said you killed him. We have these vids from T7. You obviously forged the vids, or were mistaken on who you fought and have been riding on that lie forever.

:p

If they bring the Emperor back, they basically screw over the JK storyline. A storyline they never should've done in a MMO for one class, but it still screws it over.

Everyone to JK: You said you killed him. We have these vids from T7. You obviously forged the vids, or were mistaken on who you fought and have been riding on that lie forever.

Only if class storylines NEVER return but again, I do feel that's the case unfortunately. Also, both my Guardian and Sentinel felt a bit screwed over the fact they were NOT consulted by the committee they assembled to discuss the Emperor's ultimate fate.

:D:eek:

Not bring back The Emperor pretty much screws over the SW storyline.

Basically my SW killed The Emperor as well, but he reappears in the JK storyline.

Most likely he will return since they only kill another vessel(voice)

Basically my SW killed The Emperor as well, but he reappears in the JK storyline.

Most likely he will return since they only kill another vessel(voice)

The difference being that you killed the Voice with his consent, at the time where the vessel itself was weakened. The same cannot be said from the Emperor's encounter with the Jedi Knight.

The difference being that you killed the Voice with his consent, at the time where the vessel itself was weakened. The same cannot be said from the Emperor's encounter with the Jedi Knight.

He was at his full power before killing himself or being killed, so I expect he didn't instantly wake up from his true body.

But regathering strength while in his slumber. So basically somebody is going to be unhappy depending on if BW continues the class storyline(hopefully)

The vessel wasnt weakened -.-....In fact it was amped because of Sel Mekor.

I don't see why. The Warrior's authority doesn't actually come from the approval and backing of the Emperor and his Hand; those weren't enough to even get her an audience with the Dark Council at the end of Chapter 3. Instead, it was the Warrior's allies, like Darth Vowrawn, that got her into the Council chamber. And it was the Warrior's own martial prowess and skill in defeating Baras that convinced the Council to acknowledge her as the Wrath, again, not the Emperor or the Hand.

If the Emperor is really gone, or incapacitated, then the Wrath still has those allies, and the Wrath is still as powerful as she ever was. Far from screwing her over, the disappearance of the Emperor would liberate her. A DS Warrior would no longer even have the minor restrictions that the Hand might have tried to place on her; an LS Warrior would just have considered the Emperor a tool for reforming or destroying the Empire, and only one of many.

I don't see why. The Warrior's authority doesn't actually come from the approval and backing of the Emperor and his Hand; those weren't enough to even get her an audience with the Dark Council at the end of Chapter 3. Instead, it was the Warrior's allies, like Darth Vowrawn, that got her into the Council chamber. And it was the Warrior's own martial prowess and skill in defeating Baras that convinced the Council to acknowledge her as the Wrath, again, not the Emperor or the Hand.

If the Emperor is really gone, or incapacitated, then the Wrath still has those allies, and the Wrath is still as powerful as she ever was. Far from screwing her over, the disappearance of the Emperor would liberate her. A DS Warrior would no longer even have the minor restrictions that the Hand might have tried to place on her; an LS Warrior would just have considered the Emperor a tool for reforming or destroying the Empire, and only one of many.

Iirc the Emperor's wrath is the Emperor's personal executioner and body guard.

Without the Emperor being around, who's the wrath going to protect/execute for.

The warrior still has allies around, but being the personal body guard for someone that killed while on there watch would suck. :(

Iirc the Emperor's wrath is the Emperor's personal executioner and body guard.

Without the Emperor being around, who's the wrath going to protect/execute for.

The warrior still has allies around, but being the personal body guard for someone that killed while on there watch would suck. :(

If the Wrath were the Emperor's bodyguard, she would've been on Dromund Kaas to fight the Hero of Tython instead of faffing around on Korriban with Darth Cartman. She's an enforcer, probably the most prominent and powerful such enforcer available to the Emperor, but the Hand, at least, saw her more as a weapon against Baras than as the Emperor's personal shield.

Much as the Warrior found something better to do when Baras stabbed her in the back, the Warrior would unquestionably find something better to do without an Emperor to try issuing orders to her. Like I said earlier, a light-side Warrior doesn't even see the Emperor as something positive, but merely wishes to use his power as the means to an end. And a dark-side Warrior would presumably be happy, if not ecstatic, to gain even more personal power and authority with the Emperor no longer holding onto her leash.

This is where you are wrong. If you knew the lore and paid attention to the storyline you would know most of the council members didnt even know the Emperors hand existed and the Emperor hadn't contacted the dark council in decades. It was already stated in the storyline the warrior couldve went straight to the council after Quesh but wouldve been killed by all the members there.

To further this some actually believed Baras was the Emperors voice while the others were using Baras to gain more power on the council.

IMHO that the weakest part of whole lore's history..

\not only jedi knight, i playing as SW, and its also known that Emperor is insane idiot. Absolute NON-sith way to serve such Emperor. Not Jedi Order - Sith council should be the first who decide to destroy old idiot.

Very upset that in SW storyline, thrers not such option to kill both, Baras and then Emperor.

This is where you are wrong. If you knew the lore and paid attention to the storyline you would know most of the council members didnt even know the Emperors hand existed and the Emperor hadn't contacted the dark council in decades. It was already stated in the storyline the warrior couldve went straight to the council after Quesh but wouldve been killed by all the members there.

To further this some actually believed Baras was the Emperors voice while the others were using Baras to gain more power on the council.

There's a considerable difference between the Dark Council running blind, without knowing the true will of the Emperor, and said Council not knowing ALSO of the Hand's existence, which they sure do.

In other words, if you paid more attention, you would know that at least Baras, Marr, Acina and Vowrawn knew of its existence and thus, there's no logical reason to assume that others like Mortis or Ravage didn't know about it, not to mention that the organization itself has been around for centuries(!!!), just like the Wrath. In the Encyclopedia, it is even mention that Vowrawn had been studying the previous Wrath ( Lord Scourge ), in order to know of any potential weakness.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There's a considerable difference between the Dark Council running blind, without knowing the true will of the Emperor, and said Council not knowing ALSO of the Hand's existence, which they sure do.

In other words, if you paid more attention, you would know that at least Baras, Marr, Acina and Vowrawn knew of its existence and thus, there's no logical reason to assume that others like Mortis or Ravage didn't know about it, not to mention that the organization itself has been around for centuries(!!!), just like the Wrath. In the Encyclopedia, it is even mention that Vowrawn had been studying the previous Wrath ( Lord Scourge ), in order to know of any potential weakness.

Nope.

SITH WARRIOR CODEX EMPERORS HAND

Few on the Dark Council are even aware that there is another layer of power between themselves and the Emperor: a mysterious group called the Emperor’s Hand. These men and women work entirely behind the scenes to carry out the Emperor’s most secret orders.

In other words, if you paid more attention, you would know that few on the dark council are aware.

Edited by Girdeux

You say "this is where you are wrong", but I don't actually see where you're disagreeing with me.

You stated that the Dark Council's members were mostly unaware of the Hand; whether that's true or not is irrelevant, because even if it is true, it means that the Hand has virtually no influence on them, and that means that the Hand's support did not help the Warrior gain her audience on Korriban or grant her the power necessary to prevail in the struggle against Baras.

You also stated that the Warrior could've gone to the Council immediately after Quesh, but that she would've been killed. "Killed" is a pretty strong term, but it seems reasonable to say that the overwhelming majority of the Council would'e ignored her and/or denied her the right to face Baras. That's almost exactly what I said: even though, after Quesh, the Warrior had the backing of the Hand, and therefore, presumably, the Emperor as well, the Council would've ignored both of those things. Therefore the Warrior's power does not rest on her relationship with the Hand or the Emperor, because neither of those was sufficient to allow her to confront Baras and defeat him. In fact, since the alliance with Vowrawn was based in significant part on a mutual loathing of Baras and on the Warrior's actions on Corellia, not on the backing of the Hand or Emperor, one might even say that the Warrior's position vis-a-vis the Emperor is irrelevant to her status in the Empire.

SITH WARRIOR CODEX EMPERORS HAND

Few on the Dark Council are even aware that there is another layer of power between themselves and the Emperor: a mysterious group called the Emperor’s Hand. These men and women work entirely behind the scenes to carry out the Emperor’s most secret orders.

In other words, if you paid more attention, you would know that few on the dark council are aware.

* facepalm *

I'd take everything you read in the Codex with a grain of salt, since in case you don't know, which you CLEARLY DON'T, there are numerous codex entries that have been either fixed, such as Darth Acina taking over Darth Karrid and NOT over Darth Hadra, as initially suggested or Darth Arho taking over Darth Vengean, apparently completely IGNORING that Baras took over that Sphere, when he had Vengean killed.

But take it as you will though, despite the actual game, NOT the codex implying otherwise.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

* facepalm *

I'd take everything you read in the Codex with a grain of salt, since in case you don't know, which you CLEARLY DON'T, there are numerous codex entries that have been either fixed, such as Darth Acina taking over Darth Karrid and NOT over Darth Hadra, as initially suggested or Darth Arho taking over Darth Vengean, apparently completely IGNORING that Baras took over that Sphere, when he had Vengean killed.

But take it as you will though, despite the actual game, NOT the codex implying otherwise.

I clearly do since Karrid and Acina happen years after the end of Act 3. That doesnt dispute anything the codex says.

99% of the Empire doesn't know, the 1% that does either is moronic and thinks Emperor will resurrect them (lololo) or they're not competent enough to start putting together plans how to get rid of the Emperor.

The set-up couldn't be more obvious of course. The Emperor is planned to be the uber-villain for both factions at some point. I would bet he's gonna be a massive FP or Operation boss concluding some long "Emperor tries to kill everything" plot arc/expansion where the Empire and the Republic will often align with each other for common goal etc.

Edited by Pietrastor

I clearly do since Karrid and Acina happen years after the end of Act 3. That doesnt dispute anything the codex says.

Do you have a link for that? I honestly doubt you do, since no timeline has been established, when it comes to a time span, after act 3.

Also, in case you failed to pay attention, they actually had to RECTIFY, I say again, RECTIFY their own mistake by not mentioning Kharrid in the codex and again, it's even in the patch notes. Glad to see you couldn't be bothered to address my mention of the Codex completely IGNORING the rise of Baras after the fall of Vengean, unlike one of the codex entries might suggest.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Do you have a link for that? I honestly doubt you do, since no timeline has been established, when it comes to a time span, after act 3.

Also, in case you failed to pay attention, they actually had to RECTIFY, I say again, RECTIFY their own mistake by not mentioning Kharrid in the codex and again, it's even in the patch notes. Glad to see you couldn't be bothered to address my mention of the Codex completely IGNORING the rise of Baras after the fall of Vengean, unlike one of the codex entries might suggest.

The events of Karrid and the Annihilation Novel happen around 2 years after the end of Act 3 iirc, stated in the novel. Which is why you need to read lore outside of this game, the novel gives a good insight into the dark council and its workings. A little interesting tidbit being the Inquisitor not having any sort of influence or power in the Empire.

Darth Marr mentions to you at Makeb that its been years since the emperor was "killed" at the hands of the JK. I'm sure its really suprising to alot of people that thought Makeb only happens a few months after Act 3 but it doesnt.

What I said had nothing to do with Baras, only the Emperors Hand.

Edited by Girdeux