Rakghoul Plague

deepdarksoul

I cannot believe this! I just had to spend 2k creds to get a vacine for something I should be Immune to, since IF you've completed Taris on Rep side, you helped create the vaccine!

I know that this storyline is ment to be fun for all but, it is an affront to continuity of storyline.

Besides, I first got infected becausse I logged in next to someone who was on Fleet standing by the GTN and exploded just to infect as many people as he could. This was not fun for me. At least make the vaccine usable on other players, so you can stop thier infection even if they don't want to spend the 2k creds on one for themselves.

Also, what's to stop an infected person from travaling to one of the starter worlds to infect as many newbies as they can, where 2k credits is about 1/2 of what you've collected so far on your starter character.

This is a great way to RUIN the gameplay of those that are just starting to enjoy the game of Swtor.

Personaly, I think Bioware took everyones least favorite part of Taris and spread it accross the galaxy, even though you worked hard to prevent just that!

This is a terrible storyline and should be removed from the game as quickly as possible!

Ugh, you should really have enough credits by the time you reach 20 to not even notice those 2k being gone. Unless you spend your money on junk or shove it into crew skills asap. Don't be such a spoilsport, brighten up. Edited by StormNaara

Ugh, you should really have enough credits by the time you reach 20 to not even notice those 2k being gone. Unless you spend your money on junk or shove it into crew skills asap. Don't be such a spoilsport, brighten up.

Thing is, I was only 10th going from shuttle to shuttle, and some idiot did the same exploding thing in front of the Fleet Cargo Lockers. While 2k may not be much for those with ships, this cost was 1/3 of my resources, and almost all of my tolerance for others.

Reason for solo play simply gets stronger....

P.S. Ironically, I recently discovered that WoW did this in the early stages, and it is written as one of the first big mistakes of the franchise on the Wiki.

Edited by Elhanan

You don't get durability loss when you let yourself die from the plague, plus when you die you get currency (rakghoul dna) to either buy fun stuff with, or sell to other players

This. There is no negative to it. You should enjoy the event. It is a lot of fun! :)

So I heard that this is part of a quest with one of the possible rewards being a black-green saber crystal among other things... If this is true then I basically spent a ton of money for nothing on razer special edition gear in hopes that the black-green crystal I got as a bonus would set me apart from the crowd. Sure the gear is decent but the main reason I got the damn things is cuz I wanted a unique crystal! I sure hope Bioware doesn't screw me and all others who purchased their razer special edition stuff on this! Edited by JRRedlich

Lore wise, did anyone read the Rakgoul story arch in Darkhorse's "vector"

The raks are a creation of the Muur Talisman, a sith....well not true, A Pre-sith Jedi cast out after the 2nd(?) great schism. they guys who would invade korriban and become the genisis of the sith cult.

So how did this Doctor weaponise it?

its fun infecting people

kinda reminds me of the undead invasion in WoW just before Lich King. people used to die pretty often there ha ha

You might find it fun. I do not.

Not a question of money, I have plenty, not a question of the effect itself. To me ot just feels like encouraging morons to annoy ( grief ) other player who did not want to be included in this dumb idea.

I feels like an event that was conceived around a couple of beer with no though of how it would impact those who find no humor in spreading diseases around. Even fake virtual disease.

I would have been fine if the only way you could get infected was to go to tatoine . Then I would have been ok simply ignoring Tatoine until it was over. This "feels" like non-concensual PvP.

Sorry I really do not like this event.

Edited by KidRaid

Oh bother.

I myself visited the "Kaon Under Siege" flashpoint many times over, so I had plenty of hints that some nutty professor wannabe had used the Rhakghoul virus to create a new strain of the plague, that he then planned on distributing through the galaxy. He tricked a little smuggler girl into carrying it to Kaon, in fact, where it was quick to spread through the local populace. Most of my Imperial buddies have a good time tossing that girl over a railing to her death, in fact.

Your complaints about the storyline are moot, imo. It's certainly well within the storyline of a fantasy-based science-fiction tale that a mad scientist could be playing around with germs. Heck, it happens in real life, too, right?

FWIW, it's always fascinating, to me, how players react to these sorts of events in MMOs. I've seen them play out before in other games, anyway. There're, of course, the griefers, who seem to delight in spreading the plague far and wide. Should've seen the ZG-virus-thing way back when, when Zul'Gurub first opened in WOW. There were some lowbies who utterly avoided well-populated areas, out of fear of virtually instantaneous death, complete with supposed blood bursts. Believe it or not, real scientific research has been done on such virtual plagues: read this. Kinda makes me wonder how many researchers are watching us run around Tattoine hunting down infected Sand People and quarantine-fleeing refugees, hehe.

At least Bioware has provided some boon to the death this plague brings. Die enough times and you win a prize, lol.

Thank you for this link to the corrupted blood incident. Not being a WOW player I was not aware of that story and found it very interesting.

I remain not amused by the current event but at least it was interesting reading.

Thank you for this link to the corrupted blood incident. Not being a WOW player I was not aware of that story and found it very interesting.

I remain not amused by the current event but at least it was interesting reading.

Such world events will not appeal to every player, no. I find them fascinating, though, and enjoy the different and varied reactions they inspire, in my own gameplay and in the community as a whole, too. But then again...I studied history and anthropology in college, so I tend towards such considerations of group dynamics, regardless.