[Artifice] No money maker...

Elminster_cs

2.5 - 5k each is what they are typically going for, depending on the item. Not huge bank, but for a lvl 29 char it's not bad.

Yeah, when my Armormech is making 1 mil a day I can't justify gathering mats for crystals going for 5k. Since I have all of them I can make money regardless, but I don't think it's right that one crew skill makes so much less than the rest, not everyone has leveled up all the crew skills and shouldn't have to in order to make a profit.

First off, your main money makers will be for rare items (magenta crystals come to mind). Next up will be Level 50 purple enhancements and then hilts.

Second, if you run the numbers, it is quite clear that the market price for any given craftable item is usually at-or-below what the minimum market cost should be if gathering missions were the sole source of crafting materials. If you don't mind the time-cost, try gathering the required mats by hand when possible. Only run gathering missions if it is an emergency.

Take this situation: if an Advanced Resolve Hilt 22 is selling for 50~55K, check the GTN price for purple crafting mats (since you were an eager beaver and gathered all of the green mats). If the cost per required number of units is less than the average market price for the Advanced Hilt 22 (as it should be -- remember to sanity-check the numbers -- nobody is going to pay 2mil for a hilt, leave that one out of your average), craft the hilt then place it on the GTN for a price somewhere in the middle of your cost for the purple mats and the average price of the Hilt. This will slightly decrease your profit, but slightly increase the chance to sell your item.

If it looks like somebody is trying to corner the market, ie: GTN shows a high percentage of items are from the same user and are set to expire at multiple different times, then that users is probably watching the market and trying to "flip" items for a quick profit. Try taking advantage of the situation by setting your price to meet the condition of "material cost + (min. market price / X) < minimum market price". If you feel like "X" is low enough to be worth selling your item and think it is high enough to entice the would-be Saber Hilt monopolist, pull the trigger.

You can also try selling rare crystals - magentas sell quickly and at high margins.

This might not be the best way -- or even a good way -- to use the GTN, but it has worked for me. Since I'm sacrificing higher margins for increased turnover, I'm not going to be maximizing my profit but I will be increasing the probability that my item will sell and I'll get enough credits to pay my repair bills and satisfy my highly embarrassing speeder-hoarding habit.

First off, your main money makers will be for rare items (magenta crystals come to mind). Next up will be Level 50 purple enhancements and then hilts.

Second, if you run the numbers, it is quite clear that the market price for any given craftable item is usually at-or-below what the minimum market cost should be if gathering missions were the sole source of crafting materials. If you don't mind the time-cost, try gathering the required mats by hand when possible. Only run gathering missions if it is an emergency.

Take this situation: if an Advanced Resolve Hilt 22 is selling for 50~55K, check the GTN price for purple crafting mats (since you were an eager beaver and gathered all of the green mats). If the cost per required number of units is less than the average market price for the Advanced Hilt 22 (as it should be -- remember to sanity-check the numbers -- nobody is going to pay 2mil for a hilt, leave that one out of your average), craft the hilt then place it on the GTN for a price somewhere in the middle of your cost for the purple mats and the average price of the Hilt. This will slightly decrease your profit, but slightly increase the chance to sell your item.

If it looks like somebody is trying to corner the market, ie: GTN shows a high percentage of items are from the same user and are set to expire at multiple different times, then that users is probably watching the market and trying to "flip" items for a quick profit. Try taking advantage of the situation by setting your price to meet the condition of "material cost + (min. market price / X) < minimum market price". If you feel like "X" is low enough to be worth selling your item and think it is high enough to entice the would-be Saber Hilt monopolist, pull the trigger.

You can also try selling rare crystals - magentas sell quickly and at high margins.

This might not be the best way -- or even a good way -- to use the GTN, but it has worked for me. Since I'm sacrificing higher margins for increased turnover, I'm not going to be maximizing my profit but I will be increasing the probability that my item will sell and I'll get enough credits to pay my repair bills and satisfy my highly embarrassing speeder-hoarding habit.

On my server people are selling level 50 crit magenta crystals for 150k, the crystals that make it are going for 100k each, so it's a 150k loss just by clicking combine on that one. I am sure there is some high end, raid gear, way to make money as an artificer, but that shouldn't be the only way.

I think the best way to judge the prices for mats is having some statistic regarding how much the missions cost and how much do you get in return.

Prices on the GTN are nuts. They vary from day to day, from server to server. Gathering nodes aren't reliable at all and they cost actual time from you. In populated servers, they might be constested.

But, once you've ran a 100 missions (maybe less), you'll have a pretty decent idea on how much mats cost

For example, after a few hundred of sliced tech missions, I know that 1 advanced neural augmentor (grade 6) costs slightly less than 4k, so when I see it at 25k or even 40k, something's wrong.

Magentas sell at high margins. That I agree with. Not on the quickly part though, at least not on my server.

I've sold a few but each of them were listed several days each, even undercuting a bit other crafters. Granted, I don't have the schematic for the most rare one (+41 power)

Only the 3 can make the Augment Kits, but on my Artifice I craft the lvl 48+ green shields, and on RE you get a augment mk-6 component. I also do it on my Biochem, I craft lvl 48+ implants and RE them for the same thing.

And cybernectics can make the components with the earpieces.

I but Adept Enhancement 26 from an artifice crafter for around 700k each! I bought 4!

Yeah I just got a bunch of biometric crystals off the GTN for a lot cheaper than I've seen in awhile. Haven't needed the Corusca crystals too much lately but I will buy some more and get busy with selling high level crystals

wrong one lol

Edited by VigDiath

I make plenty of cash selling Shields and Foci. People want the want the purple stuff especially below lvl 50. Also I make Gormak Inhibitor thingy and people buy that up on my server. Since they nerfed Treasure Hunting, I switched to slicing and make even more money even though I have to buy all TH mats for crafting, it's still cheaper then having to go through 12 TH missions to get one Corcusca Gem. I don't think the OP understands reverse engineering, no enhancement, hilt or handheld drop below 50 has been better than the purple gear I craft.