[Artifice] No money maker...

Elminster_cs

Why artifice is totaly useless...???

Simple... with a few daily and few time you can have what you whant...

you can craft enachment totally useless (you can have it in a few day doing daily...)

you can craft hilt... oh wait you can just buy a better one on for 8 daily comm.... nice...

you can craft relics... oh yeah the first 2 are BoP

You can craft sword... totaly useless... Blu (level 23?) enachment, mod, ecc inside are worst then the purple 22... that as i say you can gain with daily...

You can craft augment sabers... try... and try... and try to get it... oh wait i can just buy an augmentation kit... so totaly useless...

You can craft campaing relic... oh yes.... you have to farm about 10 day and try to reverse one... probably it will take a month to get a schematics... and then when you have it? Nobody but it... they just do 10 day of daily... because you can obtain them in another way... be serious... no way to make money with them.

So at least the crystal. Ehm... the most beautiful are gained from PvP vendor and you can't reverse them. There is no way to get a beutiful recipe for making good money, you have to farm a lot and when you are lucky you can sell a +41 endurance (random color) for 30k... yeah... but you have just spent much more for doing it.

The only way is the +41 expertise one. But color SUCK and nobody bought them, crating them is impossible, you have to drop the schematics with 1000 wz commendation... then 2 Flux for each crystal... AND NOBODY BUY THEM!!!!!! And for those ones that take this profession before 1.2 and are PvErs? -.-"

there are no way to make money with this profession, no way to craft anythig usefull to your characters.

So the question is. Dear Bioware what is the economy behid artifice? Why all artifice stuff can be gained in another way, and other profession does not have this problem?

There is another way to obtain augmentation kit? No... and no better

There is another way to obtain augment? No... and no better

There is another way to obtain medpack and stim? No... and no better

There is a way to obtain all artifice stuff? Yes... also better...

I don't really catch the point. Sorry. So frustrating.

Edited by Elminster_cs

I craft level 26 Hilts, sell them for 2-3mil each, very quickly too. Mats are practically free from guild's raiding.

Artifice is profitable.

EDIT: Here's another tidbit. People talk about being able to get full Campaign/Black Hole level gear through wearing Tionese with Black Hole mods, the offhand, implants and earpiece, and the relics through dailies (or as of now PvP).

You can't get the hilts or barrels through Black Hole comms, you have to raid HM EC, or pay out the *** to have them crafted.

Edited by AxeX

I craft level 26 Hilts, sell them for 2-3mil each, very quickly too. Mats are practically free from guild's raiding.

Artifice is profitable.

EDIT: Here's another tidbit. People talk about being able to get full Campaign/Black Hole level gear through wearing Tionese with Black Hole mods, the offhand, implants and earpiece, and the relics through dailies (or as of now PvP).

You can't get the hilts or barrels through Black Hole comms, you have to raid HM EC, or pay out the *** to have them crafted.

What you say is quite right, yes you can make this thing, but there are no exlusive!!! Tell me why people have to buy this thing, pay milions credit when they can just ride a bit to get them? Enachment, hilt, and so on are already in the item that you buy... Is there any way (for exaple) to obtain augmentation kin or some augment? NO... idem for biochem and many other thing. Artifice has no exlusive item, and for making some enacment, hilt (that only stupid i think will buy one, they are already in the tier...) you have to farm a month, first you need recipe (20% reverse for a schematics...) that is insede a campaign gear... so 1 a week.. 2 max... and there is no certainty you will get the schematic... later you have to farm matherial... also other member of the raid need them and you can do it one time a weak... lockout... so not so easy to farm... and then? You can only craft this thing FOR YOUR CLASS... yes because if you whant other class... you have to buy useless gear... nice!

Sinthweaving can craft in easy way augment (150k each) and they are EXLUSIVE... no other way to obtain them... and also augmentation kit 60k each... oh yeah artifice is money maker... there is no balance betwen crew skill.

Artifice is profitable.

You're talking about a very limited amount of people that is going to have access to something like the Hilts seeing as those come from Hard Mode Kephess. Part of the issue is that is just so damn time consuming in comparison. It costs 200 Daily Comms to buy the relics and praying you get lucky on the RE. Which means you're maybe doing 1 RE every 7 days assuming you do dailies every single day which used to take me 2-3 hours.

Alternatively, you could take a shot on REing the Enhancements from the Blackhole gear and pray you get lucky there. That is probably easier and slightly faster than the relics (assuming you can get through SM Denova anyways).

The main thing is, in comparison with the other professions, they have much easier access to things that sell whereas Artifice really doesn't.

Edited by Blev

I, too, desperately hope that Artifice gets some attention in the next couple of patches. I would love to see us with craftable lightsabers - other than the Custom or Elegant - that Artifice can craft while leveling, like the Primal Champion green sabers that drop all over. Beyond that, increasing the colors of crystal available while leveling - instead of just RBGY - would be great for folks who don't want to wait for 50 to have their desired saber color (like my Sentinel's orange).

I don't have the experience with the other crew skills to say that there's an imbalance, but I definitely see less utility out of my Artificer than my Cybertech (who is only at 350, and already making more parts for my gear).

They can do some thing to improve artifice, as you say

- not only RGBY low level crystal.

But also:

- put a standard color crystal in all weapon, and like augment, the only way to obtain new color is the artifice way...very, very simple! Maybe the schematics are rare to obtain, world boss, denova hard, lot of PvP and so on, BUT GIVE TO THE ARTIFICE the possibility to craft them!!!! It no sense they can keep all crystal in other way!!!

I make plenty of cash with artifice now. just make tons of lvl 49 green focus/shield/generator then RE to get the augment mat. I sell those and make bank.

also, the +41 crystals sell pretty well. just pick up the schems from the daily vendor or pvp vendor.

I make plenty of cash with artifice now. just make tons of lvl 49 green focus/shield/generator then RE to get the augment mat. I sell those and make bank.

What ? Did they change it ? I thought only the 3 professions able to craft augment kits (synth, armstech, armomech) were too the only ones able to produce those mats. I re-read the 1.3 patches and I couldn't find anything on this.

Only the 3 can make the Augment Kits, but on my Artifice I craft the lvl 48+ green shields, and on RE you get a augment mk-6 component. I also do it on my Biochem, I craft lvl 48+ implants and RE them for the same thing.

What ? Did they change it ? I thought only the 3 professions able to craft augment kits (synth, armstech, armomech) were too the only ones able to produce those mats. I re-read the 1.3 patches and I couldn't find anything on this.

anything that you can crit-craft with an augment slot can be RE'd to get augment kit components (mats needed to make the kits). you can crit-craft shields/focus/generators with augment slots in them, so you can RE them to gain the components. those components sell really well.

also, the +41 crystals sell pretty well. just pick up the schems from the daily vendor or pvp vendor.

I play every crafter and I can say since 1.3 artifice has very few options in making any profit at all. Sure there is selling level billion enhancements that raiders get, but that's only if your artificer is 50 and a raider, what about all the rest of them? My armormech is 33 and is making money hand over fist with the augments.

As for making augment components, armormech takes 4 mats to RE to get the component, cybertech takes 6, artifice takes 10 and their components are more expensive per piece, it would be a loss of income for me to RE those when I have every crafter. There was a time I could get by pretty well on lowbie crystals and enhancements, then there were the crit sabers, now my artificer is basically shelved because she has nothing I can churn out that sells for over 3k on my server.

Only the 3 can make the Augment Kits, but on my Artifice I craft the lvl 48+ green shields, and on RE you get a augment mk-6 component. I also do it on my Biochem, I craft lvl 48+ implants and RE them for the same thing.

oh, Thanks. nice to know. I was convinced that kit mats were also restricted. I'm only crafting +41 stuff crystals with my artificer atm, so I didn't notice it

everyone is complaining about Artiface, Armstech and Cybertech not having a profit.... I make plenty off of each... maybe i am on a sever that pays, idk?

Yeah, server makes a huge difference too. With Armstech I can sell purple weapons, the mats from investigation are dirt cheap, you can buy them and make a big profit from the weapons. With Cybertech I can sell ear pieces, ship and droid parts. But with artifice while I used to be able to sell crystals and enhancements, the market is now flooded with both, and shields never sold before, and the only things I hear about selling come from raids that my 30 sorc isn't going to ever be on, so right now she's the black sheep my other crafters have to send money to.

Most of the posts about crafts not making money are talking about not having any level 50 items they can sell for 400k a pop, when I say a craft isn't making money, I mean no items that are selling for 10k a pop. Churning out stacks of lowbie crap is what I do best, and right now, for artifice the mats are more profitable than what I can make with them.

i can make all the +41 (not expertise) they are selled 30k each when you are lucky... so not a big gain... corusca gem are not easy to obtain!

Sell the +48 level green item, maybe you can do some good credit... but i repeat... THIS IS NOT AN EXLUSIVE. This is the point, the only exlusive we have (some crystal... not the most profitable) are selled cheap.

It takes 4 primeval artifact fragments and 6 upari crystals to make that focus. Did you know that synthweaver can craft a belt for 2 fragments and 2 crystals and RE for the same kit component? And then they actually get to craft the kit itself. You are better off just selling the fragments and crystals from archeology.

Now, about the +41 crystals. Check the GTN for the price of primeval artifact fragments and corsuca gems (and that's not even all the mats required). Profitable? Yeah right. Sure you can gather your own mats. But it doesn't change the fact that artifice sucks. Artificers need to rise up together and increase the price of crytals accross the board by a substantial amount.

I've been running operations and flashpoints for a while now. I have seen numerous schematics for the other crafters and not one artifice schematic.

Reverse engineering 26 enhancements and Campaign relics? Seriously? I'll let you guys know how that goes once I eventually get the recipes from wasting my daily and black hole comms to RE them. In the meantime everyone else has full black hole gear and rolling in credits due the new credits for dummies system that the augment/augment kit system has created.

Oh but wait, I forgot, we get to make a pink (megenta) lightsaber crystal that sells for a decent amount :rolleyes:. You just have to jump through hoops on 6 different planets to get the mats and the recipe.

It takes 4 primeval artifact fragments and 6 upari crystals to make that focus. Did you know that synthweaver can craft a belt for 2 fragments and 2 crystals and RE for the same kit component? And then they actually get to craft the kit itself. You are better off just selling the fragments and crystals from archeology.

Now, about the +41 crystals. Check the GTN for the price of primeval artifact fragments and corsuca gems (and that's not even all the mats required). Profitable? Yeah right. Sure you can gather your own mats. But it doesn't change the fact that artifice sucks. Artificers need to rise up together and increase the price of crytals accross the board by a substantial amount.

I've been running operations and flashpoints for a while now. I have seen numerous schematics for the other crafters and not one artifice schematic.

Reverse engineering 26 enhancements and Campaign relics? Seriously? I'll let you guys know how that goes once I eventually get the recipes from wasting my daily and black hole comms to RE them. In the meantime everyone else has full black hole gear and rolling in credits due the new credits for dummies system that the augment/augment kit system has created.

Oh but wait, I forgot, we get to make a pink (megenta) lightsaber crystal that sells for a decent amount :rolleyes:. You just have to jump through hoops on 6 different planets to get the mats and the recipe.

you catch the point... you totally right...!!!!!

That's beacause i wuold like to ear from BW what is the economy they see behind artifice... so what is?

There may not be any huge money makers (200K +), but there is good money to be made if you study the market and figure out what people want. I am selling lower lvl hilts and crystals just about as fast as I can make them and put them on the GTN.

Selling them for what? They are going for 200 to 2k credits on my server right now. Wasn't that way before but now it's blah.

I've gotta admit that since the server merges/transfers I've been selling a few crystals, enhancements, hilts everyday now. Add to the fact that I see people selling +41 crystals for anywhere from 200k and up and someone is making money off of artifice. Hell, even a purple crystal goes for about 1 mil and up on my server. I do wish it was easier to make credits as an Artificer but I'm at 400 now and I'd hate to have to start over although I have considered it.

I'd love to see them make it easier to get the mats needed to make most items for artifice tho. A corusca gem can be a pain to get and then having to purchase the crafting missions over and over again is an effing drain! But like I said, I still do well. I sell a lot of lower level purple quality items on a regular basis since people who are leveling buy them up pretty quickly.

I make quite a lot of credits with Artifice.

I make 26 Enhancements and Hilts and Campaign Offhands.

Enhancements go for 500-700k each and Hilts for 2mill-4mill each.

That plus special requests for magenta and green crystals.

It's actually very good to make a nice stash of credz.

I'd love to see them make it easier to get the mats needed to make most items for artifice tho. A corusca gem can be a pain to get and then having to purchase the crafting missions over and over again is an effing drain! But like I said, I still do well. I sell a lot of lower level purple quality items on a regular basis since people who are leveling buy them up pretty quickly.

Couple of days ago I bought a stack of 99 Corusca Gems at 400k :o