Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race

Hoshkar

Was there ever a plan to do this again? Just seen someone riding by on the mount from it, so I did some digging around online to see how to get one myself....Seems it is from this Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race event.... That doesn't seem to be in game :mad:

As fun as the BBA stuff is after 3 straight months, anything new/old/different/notBBA would be nice...

While I would love to see the event myself (I wasn't playing yet when it happened the first time), most of the rewards are available in game still.

The 2 pets can be found as random rare drops on Makeb (I got the lobel pet that way) and occasionally in the Makeb comms lockbox, and one can be obtained from the BBA vendor with a certain level of rep from the Bounty Contract Week events. Similar weapons can be purchased from the BBA vendor with the right level of rep. The speeder, which I was most upset about missing out on, can be found with the seeker droid as a special treasure at the dig sites - I've managed to dig some up on a couple of my characters.

Still, it would be nice to see the event (or a similar one) again!

Edited by Panegyrist

While I would love to see the event myself (I wasn't playing yet when it happened the first time), most of the rewards are available in game still.

The 2 pets can be found as random rare drops on Makeb (I got the lobel pet that way) and occasionally in the Makeb comms lockbox, and one can be obtained from the BBA vendor with a certain level of rep from the Bounty Contract Week events. Similar weapons can be purchased from the BBA vendor with the right level of rep. The speeder, which I was most upset about missing out on, can be found with the seeker droid as a special treasure at the dig sites - I've managed to dig some up on a couple of my characters.

Good to know, thanks! I just wanted to try the event out once at least, the screenshots I seen made it look pretty fun...

The bowcasters are so much nicer from the Chevin event, though. I agree with an above poster that the event itself wasn't very good.

The armor set was really cool at the time, too, way before dyes were introduced.

Yes the pet is random drop now, they speeder is random from digging. Bowcasters are available just slightly different. The only thing truely unique was the legacy outfit and there are similar ones. Wasn't crazy about this event, driving around picking up boxes. Although I am proud to have "Kashykk's Legacy" but most people wouldn't even notice the name.

If you enjoy the sound of driving around Nar Shadaa looking for tiny boxes, and probably fighting over them with other players, then yeah you might have liked it.

I did like the droid race, though, that was awesome.

The droid race sounds fun, they do some sort of sky race on EQ2 every now and then, was very amusing to watch people fall off the track and disappear...:cool:

• 3 months later...
Even if they don't bring the event back why not offer the rewards for this event in the SE or something, I missed it and wasn't able to get the Sand People Bloodguard set which I really would like to have gotten. Edited by xxxevilxxx
Typo.

Was there ever a plan to do this again?

No. The Chevin event and the original Rakghoul event were not designed as recurring events. Then, they came out with the Rep system and recurring events. It's possible that they could do the Chevin event again or come up with a recurring modified one, like they did with the Rakghoul event, but there have never been any announced plans to bring back the Chevin event and, anytime anyone has asked the devs, they basically say no plans to bring it back but never say never. So it's very doubtful you'll see it again....unless it becomes a modified recurring event.

hated the event but did love the rewards

but that was a time when there wasnt readily available legacy weapons to be gotten.

Now that every event has legacy weapons of all types and you can get the speeder and Lobel through seeker droid Makeb missions, there really is no reason to re run this event.

Poorly designed but the rewards were worth the aggrivation back then.

Now a days however the event would fail hugely because all the rewards are common place elsewhere.

hated the event but did love the rewards

but that was a time when there wasnt readily available legacy weapons to be gotten.

Now that every event has legacy weapons of all types and you can get the speeder and Lobel through seeker droid Makeb missions, there really is no reason to re run this event.

Poorly designed but the rewards were worth the aggrivation back then.

Now a days however the event would fail hugely because all the rewards are common place elsewhere.

I don't agree. I think a lot of new folks would enjoy it.

I have a couple items from this event as well as some tokens left over which I cant do anything with. I picked up one of the weapons and it had the first ever mastercraft barrel in it, I was shocked!! I did get the mount and the pet as well. The mount is cool to look at but it drives so slow.....lol.