PvPers, calm thyselves.

Ludan

As a fellow PvPer, I can understand your frustrations to a degree. I wan't to be able to Q with 8 people. I don't want to be kicked from my group everytime I Q. I want some more balance. New warzones. Arena. Ect ect ect.

These are all things that will need to be looked at, but you are all expecting them to start address this soon. And it's not going to happen for atleast awhile. The main reason, is most people are not even 50 yet. And once that happens, people will be gearing up for the next month afterwards.

Just take a big breath, and realize this game JUST launched, SIX days ago. So don't rush off back to whatever game you came from, and just enjoy swtor for the awesome game it is now... if they still haven't given us what we want after a few months, WE WILL STORM AUSTIN IN FULL!

As a fellow PvPer, I can understand your frustrations to a degree. I wan't to be able to Q with 8 people. I don't want to be kicked from my group everytime I Q. I want some more balance. New warzones. Arena. Ect ect ect.

These are all things that will need to be looked at, but you are all expecting them to start address this soon. And it's not going to happen for atleast awhile. The main reason, is most people are not even 50 yet. And once that happens, people will be gearing up for the next month afterwards.

Just take a big breath, and realize this game JUST launched, SIX days ago. So don't rush off back to whatever game you came from, and just enjoy swtor for the awesome game it is now... if they still haven't given us what we want after a few months, WE WILL STORM AUSTIN IN FULL!

The main reason is the game has only been out for six days... >.>

the main issue for me is.. look how much effort and detail they have put into the PvE side of things.. PvP has been little more than a box ticking exercise, no world pvp, playing the same HUTTBALL map over and over not to mention the long wait times to do so and having lvl10s fighting lvl 50s.

It's clear BW don't care about the PvP side of swtor so if they dont make some announcements soon regarding fixing this sad excuse for "content" I will be canceling my subscription pretty soon as PvE bores me.

If you want these things you shouldn't complain, some of these people are advocating for things that I want so let them keep posting and reminding developers of what changes we want. I agree most of these things are going to take awhile but it is good to keep it fresh on the developers minds and maybe even bump it up a notch in the priority queue.

the main issue for me is.. look how much effort and detail they have put into the PvE side of things.. PvP has been little more than a box ticking exercise, no world pvp, playing the same HUTTBALL map over and over not to mention the long wait times to do so and having lvl10s fighting lvl 50s.

TBH this was what i afraiding of most!

Devs of AoC killed a game and did not even bother themselves to listen playerbase once to hear whats what. They just pretented to do so but never provided what the players need. So, its an old story and i won't make comparison between SWTOR and AoC.

The point is devs are limit themselves and tend to listen players whom mostly not true challengers but only carebears. I hope Bioware figures out what the PvP players really need besides enjoying truly epic storyline and exceptionally crafted worlds and all lore. I really enjoy making quests and leveling up while shaping up my story in Star Wars universe.

What i'm looking forward to see mostly, "real serious" efforts and innovative at least satisfying steps to make PvP gamers happy. Rewarding the world PvP by real achievements, titles etc is the first step imo. Personally i prefer spontaneous challenges and battles between teams and such rather than premade based warzones...

I trust in Bioware and i trust in their positive approach towards the playerbase. Hence i prefer to keep playing in a small pace and not rushing to hit high levels until i enjoy real world pvp.

We brought a lot of these problems we're seeing in PVP up in beta specifically and they still launched. Read the blog... the next patch is a PVE raid planet.

As a level 50, all I want is not to be paired with a level 10 with 4 abilities on their hotbar in a warzone.. preferably not 9 other sub level 20s as a level 50 healer... lot of good that does. Additionally, I'd like to get merc commendations for killing people in open world within 5 levels of me. Killed people in Tat Outlaw's Den and Ilum and only got some valor in Illum... no valor in outlaw's den.

So I need to get 800 warzone accommodations to get a bag that MIGHT have gear in it. I don't want to see huttball ever again. I'd rather be converting my open world merc tokens into warzone tokens.

I never expected this to be a PVP game... anyone who did heh... sorry about your hopes. Could it grow into a decent one? Maybe, but just like with Warhammer and Rift... by the time they figure out how to do it the PVP population went back to FPS games or single player PC/console games.

What most people fail to realize is we don't "run back" to another MMO. The bulk of us just stop playing MMOs.

Bioware delivered a great story, as expected. They released it over the winter holidays when school/college is out which gave those people more than ample time to hit max level pretty quickly as expected from me.

The lack of legacy system info has prevented me from leveling an alt while I wait and see what that system is. So for me, I hit 50 on 12/20... I got my crew skills to 400... got all the datacrons... ran all the flashpoints at least once... and twiddle my thumbs waiting for meaningful open world pvp to happen.

Meaningful open world PVP was the most common post in my June Beta group and put into all of our surveys (at least mine). I'm waiting to see if Ilum picks up, but dead bodies of players don't stop dropping the merc comms the casuals will be gone faster than us PVPers. 800 warzone tokens for one bag... lol as much as the rest of the game was designed for casuals in mind they sure didn't consider the casuals with regard to PVP gear.

/rant.

Lot of stuff there, as of right now I'm lvl 38, I think I'm probably just slightly ahead of the average lvler, I also have to lvl up all my professions. The point I want to make is I'll probably have at least one month of content before I start complaining about the end game content, followed by a whole lot of other people who reached max lvl.

I don't think a lot of people understand how game development works. The most you can hope for in the short term and by short term I'm talking the next few weeks til the end of the first year is some small balance changes, the addition of easier commendation farming from open world pvp, and the addition of warzones that they have been planning and working on for months.

Enjoy the game for what it is for as long as you can because it's not going to change as much as people want it to.

I won't take a deep breath.

I'm not gonna compare this game with other MMO's, but what the hell did the devs do?

Focus so hard on the story and lore that they forgot to check other games?

They should have checked out other games and take stuff from those games that actually worked.

They missed alot, this game is incomplete, yes it's a new game. But at the same time it's a new game 2012. They have alot of other games to glance at.

Swtor did good with the lore and storytelling...that's it.

The theory I pacify myself with is that the core devolopment team has a PvE story based background, and I think that they did that especially well. Later on in the development of swtor several key members of Mythic (another EA entity) were brought over to work on SWToR (EA again). The members from mythic are PvP oriented people (DAoC and Warhammer). But, since they arrived so late to the Star Wars project, they have just managed to get the bare bones of what has become thier pvp style in before launch. Kind of "Ok, we are very happy with where the PvE is, and PvP is playable...launch it and you guys can continue to build out the pvp as we go." At least thats how I give myself hope.

I know the game has only been out for six days and I've only really been playing it for a day and a half but the fact of the matter is that most of the things people are asking for have been basic features in other MMOs for years. Either that or recent innovations that people have responded very positively to.

Pretty short-sighted not to include them to be honest. Why? Because it's the annoying details that put people off the most.

Edited by Thaderin

We realize the game just came out, we arent stupid, weve been around this genre long enough to see the framework of how pvp is and is going to be is bad, horrible etc.

Lopsided factions, very little pvp content, horrible gear to level ratios, 3 warzones?, why not 10 to start with. Non-existent world pvp etc etc etc, please...dont patronize us some of us have been doing this since the early 80s. Comparing pve to pvp content, looks like 80% pve 20% pvp. Pvp as a sideshow has worked when? :confused:

I agree, give a bit of time. Adjustments are needed and once most of us request them they will be addressed (I hope).

Most players I know from a pvp server are planning on starting to pvp close to lvl 50. Hard to get a really good look at it when you don't really have most of the players database pvping and then the ones that do, are lvl 50s fighting lvl 20s.

I know the game has only been out for six days and I've only really been playing it for a day and a half but the fact of the matter is that most of the things people are asking for have been basic features in other MMOs for years. Either that or recent innovations that people have responded very positively to.

Pretty short-sighted not to include them to be honest. Why? Because it's the annoying details that put people off the most.

What if they just havent gotten to it yet. I know for a fact that a bunch of Mythic (PvP) guys were brought into the development later. So with that information, what if they just havent had the time to build it. Again, thats what Im hoping, and it makes sense. Lets let people play and let the PvP catch up.

To me that makes more sense than developers seeing features that players love in other games, and probably things they themeselves love in games they play, and just deciding to exclude them to spite the player base. Now, some things may just not fit in thier vision (teamwork over solo play) but a lot of the things people are asking for are no brainers. But, back to the fact that there were key people brought from a pvp centric game in to work on swtor. I think I can safely assume they moved from that PvP game to this game to work on this games PvP. I think its also safe to assume that since that decision was made, someone is pretty adament about having a solid PvP system in this game (or else why call in the help). But the time just hasnt been put in yet.

We realize the game just came out, we arent stupid, weve been around this genre long enough to see the framework of how pvp is and is going to be is bad, horrible etc.

Lopsided factions, very little pvp content, horrible gear to level ratios, 3 warzones?, why not 10 to start with. Non-existent world pvp etc etc etc, please...dont patronize us some of us have been doing this since the early 80s. Comparing pve to pvp content, looks like 80% pve 20% pvp. Pvp as a sideshow has worked when? :confused:

Which game launched with great PvP. You say you realize the game just came out etc. But then you list things that are prominant at the release of most games.

Which game launched with great PvP. You say you realize the game just came out etc. But then you list things that are prominant at the release of most games.

Exactly, its like starting a fight with the same move everytime, you would think someone watching would catch on and change the strat to counter. It happens so much that failure is completely acceptable. Imagine a car manufacturer having all these bugs and glitches on a new model. They would be crucified and sued to oblivion.

u didnt even mention ANY of the main pvp issues atm...TERIBLE ability lag(taking from 1 to 3 secs to get a cast off) and fps major decrease in wz...thos things make pvp unplayable for a big majority of people...and as you can see on the forums its was proved its not CLIENT SIDE problem...therefore those 2 issues need to be looked at first AND ASAP..because atm its jsut a clunky..bad ui...terrible combat sistem...game