Question on tanking stats

Ormatron

I am not playing a tank myself though I will here put in my reflections on the matter.

First when beginning with thard modes you should go for the black talon. That hard mode is by far the easiest one out there and one that you can begin to do more or less as soon as you hit 50.

Here I am making the assumption that your gear is not only greens but a steady complement of orange and blues with mods/armor/enhancements that are quite up to date.

To boost your gear a bit I would recommend doing the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum, not only do they give ****loads of money but also daily tokens to use for purchasing barrels, mods, armor to help you get the little extra out of your orange pieces. The hard mode daily quests also, in some cases, give you enhancements or other goodies to use.

When you feel the upgrade is to small, or you have filled all the possible upgrades you can do in your custom pieces then you can start saving for the Rakata earpiece and implants that are purchased with daily tokens. Each of these cost 120 tokens, but well worth it when you get there.

In our guild we began doing hard modes more or less the day we hit 50. Though this is a truth with a little modification, since when I hit 50 some of the others had been there for a couple of days. And thus they had gotten some pieces already.

When it comes to hard modes you should know that many of the bosses have quite tight enrage timers. And for us it have been less of an issue if the tank have been geared enough than the issue of the gear of the DPS classes.

So I would say, as long as you aren't clad in greens start with Black Talon and if you got no problems there then go for another one.

I am not playing a tank myself though I will here put in my reflections on the matter.

First when beginning with thard modes you should go for the black talon. That hard mode is by far the easiest one out there and one that you can begin to do more or less as soon as you hit 50.

Here I am making the assumption that your gear is not only greens but a steady complement of orange and blues with mods/armor/enhancements that are quite up to date.

To boost your gear a bit I would recommend doing the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum, not only do they give ****loads of money but also daily tokens to use for purchasing barrels, mods, armor to help you get the little extra out of your orange pieces. The hard mode daily quests also, in some cases, give you enhancements or other goodies to use.

When you feel the upgrade is to small, or you have filled all the possible upgrades you can do in your custom pieces then you can start saving for the Rakata earpiece and implants that are purchased with daily tokens. Each of these cost 120 tokens, but well worth it when you get there.

In our guild we began doing hard modes more or less the day we hit 50. Though this is a truth with a little modification, since when I hit 50 some of the others had been there for a couple of days. And thus they had gotten some pieces already.

When it comes to hard modes you should know that many of the bosses have quite tight enrage timers. And for us it have been less of an issue if the tank have been geared enough than the issue of the gear of the DPS classes.

So I would say, as long as you aren't clad in greens start with Black Talon and if you got no problems there then go for another one.

Just make sure your group knows how to interrupt.

it shouldn't be difficult to get right into hard modes if you're deep tree shieldtech.

try to get your shield chance as close to 50% as you can, its how shieldtech works. Different tanks use different mechanics- Juggs and sins typically have more tank mitigation based on defense, while a powertech generally dodges and deflects less, but is more likely to absorb. Your heat venting and your rocket punch reset work off your shield proc, so its your most important defensive stat.

defense will fill in as you gear up, but your first priority as an ST should be to hit the softcap on your shield when you have your ion cylinder on.

Also, look into getting the tier 2 pyro venting talent, or Hitman for reduced quell timer.